Great Results - North West, UK

I have had Juvederm in my nasolabial folds and...

I have had Juvederm in my nasolabial folds and around my lips for about 4 years. However I was concerned about loss of volume of my cheeks which was making me look drawn. I went to my usual practitioner thinking she would suggest the same Juvederm, but she explained to me about Juvederm Voluma for facial volumising. I was a little taken aback with the price but as the results are said to last 18-24 months I thought it was worth a go. I am quite lucky in that my existing Juvederm lasts a very long time, I had my nl lines done in 2010 and have not yet needed a top up. My practitioner said that the Voluma could maybe also avoid me having to have another top up round the mouth as with its lifting capabilities you saw results in other areas.

The procedure itself was very simple, did not hurt and left no bruising at all, even though usual injections in the nl lines and mouth do, especially as I bruise easily this was a great bonus, no bruises to cover up for a week or so. There was alot of swelling and the Juverderm does feel very hard at first, I had to have no alcohol and go on sunbeds, in saunas and strenuous exercise for 24 hours. I also had to not sleep on the injected areas for two days and so I slept with an extra pillow. The swelling was quite sore when I showered or washed my face and I had not to massage the areas at all.

Over a period of 10-14 days the Juvederm softens and absorbs water and find it natual contours. I was not expecting such good results, but my cheeks have filled out, not puffy or pillow like, but its made a real difference. My husband has noticed a big improvement which is saying something! I think I may see further improvement over the next couple of weeks before I go back for my follow up consultation, but if it lasts as well as my usual Juvederm, then its worth. And now looking at the my mouth area, I do not feel that I need a top up there either so I am very pleased with the result. I think you need to find a good injector who you can trust and who has plenty of experience in this area.

Cheshire Image Clinic

Good bedside manner, gave me the option to go away and think about it before the procedure, so no pressure. Gave good follow up care, professional but friendly.