Great Results - North West, UK

I have had Juvederm in my nasolabial folds and...

I have had Juvederm in my nasolabial folds and around my lips for about 4 years. However I was concerned about loss of volume of my cheeks which was making me look drawn. I went to my usual practitioner thinking she would suggest the same Juvederm, but she explained to me about Juvederm Voluma for facial volumising. I was a little taken aback with the price but as the results are said to last 18-24 months I thought it was worth a go. I am quite lucky in that my existing Juvederm lasts a very long time, I had my nl lines done in 2010 and have not yet needed a top up. My practitioner said that the Voluma could maybe also avoid me having to have another top up round the mouth as with its lifting capabilities you saw results in other areas.

The procedure itself was very simple, did not hurt and left no bruising at all, even though usual injections in the nl lines and mouth do, especially as I bruise easily this was a great bonus, no bruises to cover up for a week or so. There was alot of swelling and the Juverderm does feel very hard at first, I had to have no alcohol and go on sunbeds, in saunas and strenuous exercise for 24 hours. I also had to not sleep on the injected areas for two days and so I slept with an extra pillow. The swelling was quite sore when I showered or washed my face and I had not to massage the areas at all.

Over a period of 10-14 days the Juvederm softens and absorbs water and find it natual contours. I was not expecting such good results, but my cheeks have filled out, not puffy or pillow like, but its made a real difference. My husband has noticed a big improvement which is saying something! I think I may see further improvement over the next couple of weeks before I go back for my follow up consultation, but if it lasts as well as my usual Juvederm, then its worth. And now looking at the my mouth area, I do not feel that I need a top up there either so I am very pleased with the result. I think you need to find a good injector who you can trust and who has plenty of experience in this area.

Cheshire Image Clinic

Good bedside manner, gave me the option to go away and think about it before the procedure, so no pressure. Gave good follow up care, professional but friendly.

I agree with you, Juvederm is the perfect way to go for nasolabial folds, the only difference between the simply Juvederm and Voluma fillers is that Voluma has a slightly smoother consistency, which prevents lumps or bumps from appearing. My best friend had had her marionette lines removed with Juvederm and eveything turned out just fine, plus it's been more than 7 months now and the effects are still there! I accompanied her at the clinic, namely Renew Skin & Health Clinic in Leamington Spa to find out some more about the dermal filler treatments as I am considering undergoing one as well (my concern are the horizontal wrinkles on the forehead) and the doctor was considerate enough to help me with some info (I found out that Botox was the way to go for me). So I've been visiting and reading their articles on various treatments on renewskinandhealthclinic.co.uk and I've gathered some new insights on the dermal filler treatments and feel more reassured about having the procedure now. My point was that any dermal filler treatment MUST be performed by a fully qualified practitioner and not without a prior consultation of your skin to prevent possible complications or side-effects, because for the rest these kinds of treatments are very simple, quick and highly effective! Cheers!
Hi Megan
With the normal Juvederm in the nasiolabial folds, there were lumps/bumps which over a period of about 5 days gradually disappear and blend in with the surrounding tissue. Because of the technique used for this with more injections I get badly bruised (am susceptible to bruising) With the Voluma its a totally different technique with only one injection
on each cheek but I had no bruises. The Voluma is a much thicker product and when first injected was very hard to the touch and there was alot of swelling in fact when washing my face it was quite painful to the touch. It started to soften after about 2-3 days and over the following 7 days the swelling gradually went down and smoothed out looking natural both to look at and to the touch.

Glad you were able to make it through the first few days of tenderness ok. Please keep us updated on how you are liking it as the weeks go by!

How great that it didn't cause any bruising!

I'm very curious about what you mentioned about the Juvederm softening after 10-14 days. Is that what normally happens with the Juvederm you've had injected into your nasiolabial folds too, or was that just with the Voluma?