2 Weeks Post FAMI - England

Male 49 years old. I just had full face FAMI...

Male 49 years old. I just had full face FAMI carried out in London by the Dr mentioned on here, I couldn't find any BAD info on this procedure either, prior to my operation, UNTIL NOW!!

WOW, I am a little shocked to say the least, if I believe what has been posted on this site I COULD have problems here!!

My face was grossly swollen after the op, it actually got so bad my eyes nearly close up, when I contacted the clinic they told me this was normal, it took about 6-7 days to start calming down (I have been taking ARNICA pills for 7 days for the swelling, placed under your tongue let them disolve) and the clinic sent me a perscription for 3 days supply for Prednisolone tabs, finish them tomorrow.

Swelling gone down a lot except for under my eyes/top of cheeks as I already had Hyaluronic acid filler put in 9 months ago (This completely disolves over months anyway and I did tell the doctor of this)so when he put fat in the cheeks the surface filler became apparent so he told me on the operating table what was going on and would have to remove it, so I have extra bruising and swelling to those areas.

My face feels like I got cotton wool stuffed under around my cheeks to nose area, no panic yet about so called overfill as swelling will still be present for a good month, I have had approx 100 needles pushed into my face so I expect something like this.

Other than the bruising/swelling to area mentioned my forhead looks great, no deep lines, cheeks are raised, even and fuller looking so initial look is pretty good, but with the swelling the cheeks are a little too much than I wanted BUT after two weeks SURELY they will go down further! as mentioned under eyes though are bruised lumpy and the right side looks bigger and is still numb after 2 weeks, the left side has a little raised area (soft not hard)and a little small sunken area in the eye bag area but after removing the previous filler once again I expect some extra swelling around there.

I don't know where some people get their information from, I have checked on line and the so called injection of DEAD stem/fat cells isn't intirely correct,they are not dead when injected.

Will keep posting progress.

HI, I was just wondering how the FAMI turned out for you in the end ? Would u recommend it ? many thanks
Hi! How are you going at this point in your recovery?
Dont worry, it can take months to settle downm honest i had it done 3 months ago. (Not full face though) just cheeks and under eyes, I was swollen for weeks, and very very red sheeks!, my skin seemed quite dry too, I massaged it gently in upward movements, every day. I am very happy with my look,sure you will be too eventualy no worries !!
Spain Plastic Surgeon

No rating just yet, I have been receiving calls every 4-7 days from Dr's assistent in UK and a call from the other assistent in marbella to check on the swelling and progress so no complaints there. just a little worried about what I have read on this here, I don't think it's the best rehabilitaion program reading negativity after the operation!!