UK Breast Reduction

Prior to the op I was a 36HH and now am a 38 D but...

Prior to the op I was a 36HH and now am a 38 D but that is with bruising so this will change further.

My PS choses to use the 'lollipop' technique which means the horizontal anchor incision is not made. All stitches are disolvable and no drains were used.

I had an overnight stay in hospital and then had no shower/bathing until I returned the following week to have the gauze removed. The microtape stayed on for a further week, but at least I was able to shower and use iodine on the under breast vertical incisions.

Although it wasnt painful as such, there is bruising which is not comfortable against the Zbras that I have to wear for the first 6 months. And shooting pains as the nerves regenerate, which take my breath away and make driving not safe at the moment.

All of this fades into insignificance when I see my reflection in the mirror and the weight off my shoulders. 1.2kg off each breast is literally the weight of a canbtaloup melon!

6 week update Right hand side is now healed and...

6 week update

Right hand side is now healed and I have started with the Bio Oil.
Left hand side still a bit oozy but hopefully the antibiotics and silver treatment will do its stuff.
This means still no proper shower. Ah well maybe next week. At the moment it means a shallow bath and not getting parts of me wet!

Am sorting the pics out.
H

10th September. Finally the slight infection in...

10th September.

Finally the slight infection in the cuts has gone and I am without bandages. Baths and showers are now back to normal and Zumba class was great!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

In the UK it is very difficult to get NHS to pay for BR. Also very unlikely that insurance covers this. So my operation was done privately at a loval clinic and cost £5500. Aftercare is ongoing but so far is excellent.