UK Breast Reduction

Prior to the op I was a 36HH and now am a 38 D but...

Prior to the op I was a 36HH and now am a 38 D but that is with bruising so this will change further.

My PS choses to use the 'lollipop' technique which means the horizontal anchor incision is not made. All stitches are disolvable and no drains were used.

I had an overnight stay in hospital and then had no shower/bathing until I returned the following week to have the gauze removed. The microtape stayed on for a further week, but at least I was able to shower and use iodine on the under breast vertical incisions.

Although it wasnt painful as such, there is bruising which is not comfortable against the Zbras that I have to wear for the first 6 months. And shooting pains as the nerves regenerate, which take my breath away and make driving not safe at the moment.

All of this fades into insignificance when I see my reflection in the mirror and the weight off my shoulders. 1.2kg off each breast is literally the weight of a canbtaloup melon!

Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us!

Wow that is a big difference in size so I imaging you feel wonderful now.  Actually I know you do:)

The shooting pains won't last forever so hang on for a bit.  Although it is crazy feeling this happening.  I still say the results are work all of the temporary issues you go through.

Congratulations! So glad everything is going well. Hope you continue to keep us updated on your progress.

6 week update Right hand side is now healed and...

6 week update

Right hand side is now healed and I have started with the Bio Oil.
Left hand side still a bit oozy but hopefully the antibiotics and silver treatment will do its stuff.
This means still no proper shower. Ah well maybe next week. At the moment it means a shallow bath and not getting parts of me wet!

Am sorting the pics out.
H

Sorry that you can't shower, but it does sound like you are making progress! Positive vibes are being sent across the ocean to you! Best of luck!

10th September. Finally the slight infection in...

10th September.

Finally the slight infection in the cuts has gone and I am without bandages. Baths and showers are now back to normal and Zumba class was great!

Hi There, Not sure if you still come on this site, but I had a few questions with the chance that you might. I am getting a "lollipop" procedure and I was wondering if they performed any liposuction on you under your armpit area? It is a part of my procedure and they said here in Canada lipo is used quite frequently.
Hi, yes I still keep an eye on things as this whole surgery made such a huge difference to me. 18 months on and I still smile when in front of a mirror, be it with or without clothes! Yes that they did a little liposuction. They explained to me that when you have a cut that ends as a T section you have the possibility of cutting away more of the tissue underneath. But when you do a lolipop the cut is a different shape and therefor a little liposuction is needed to get the extra bits of fat that you cant cut away. Try getting a jiffy bag and cutting the usual keyhole from it as it would be for a T section and then repeat for a lolipop. At best you will see what I mean and at worst it will take your mind off things for 10 minutes!!! Personally I think lolipop is best, but then I would, and here at my local hospital they no longer do any other sort because of the 3 way join needed in a T section. Good luck, I am sure you wont need it. H
wow you looked great early on,!! how are you now? a year later? congatulations!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

In the UK it is very difficult to get NHS to pay for BR. Also very unlikely that insurance covers this. So my operation was done privately at a loval clinic and cost £5500. Aftercare is ongoing but so far is excellent.