This is for Me! - 24/F/Indianapolis, IN

I have fought with my weight since I was a child....

I have fought with my weight since I was a child. I got my oh shit moment when I 20 and weighed 265 at 5'8. At 22, I was at my skinniest of 145 and was measured at 5'8. It was very difficult to stay at that size and my skin sagged everywhere. Now at 24, I am back 230 and I cannot believe I allowed to let myself to do that.

My Surgery is next Wednesday on June 6th. I do not have a boyfriend and doing this completely 100% for myself. I am done battling. I realize that I will not be as small I as once was and I am okay with that. This is a good stepping stone and desperately need something to motivate me again. I'm stuck. My family has been very supportive.

My PS, Dr. Fata (Indianapolis) and his staff has been wonderful so far. Answering every question before I even had to ask. i am going to have a full abdominoplasty with liposuction in abs, flanks, back and hip rolls, along with muscle reattachment. He predicts that I will need a second surgery in about six months for my breast because if I continue to loose weight after the surgery. I have never had kids and he plans on doing the temporary stitches that dissolve in time.

I am very excited and very nervous. I am a big baby and worried about the pain that comes along with it. Any words of wisdom?

Two days before my surgery. I feel like I should...

Two days before my surgery. I feel like I should be more nervous than I actually am. I'm pretty pumped and cannot believe its so close!

Tomorrow is my surgery at 10:30am!!! My procedure...

Tomorrow is my surgery at 10:30am!!! My procedure is going to be about 4.5-5hours long and I have to stay over night. Donette, (My Coordinator in Dr Fata's office) told me to bring an overnight bag and few light snacks. She has been wonderful and has answered all my questions. Plus, all of his reviews are near perfect and his before and after photos are phenomenal! http://www.realself.com/find/Indiana/Indianapolis/Plastic-Surgeon/Joseph-Fata

I have been taking my Arnica Montana 30X and Bromelain Supplement 1500 religiously to help prevent bruising and swelling afterward. I have also been taking my daily supplement and vitamin C tablet that my PS suggested. I have my pain pills and antibiotics filled.

My parents have been very supportive in my decision to do this. They are going to take me and pick me up from my surgery and let me stay and recover at their house. They are truly saints. My mom had researched the recovery of this procedure and even put a recliner in the spare bedroom at their house for me.

I so desperately wanted to see a lady on here that is about my height and weight with her weekly progress. I really haven't found anyone quite like me (but if you're out there, please comment!!!). Because of this, I decided to update weekly afterwards for everyone else who may be close to what I am. [< hopefully that made sense.]

I'll be in suregury in less than 24hours!

This is supposed to be 07 June 2012 at 4am (I...

This is supposed to be 07 June 2012 at 4am
(I accidently put this in the comment area)

I'm not even 24hours post op yet. Things I can tell you, you will be immensely uncomfortable when they wake you up because you would have had the best sleep. I also have muscle reconstruction, and I know this is hard, but for the love of god do not tense your abs up. You will regret it immediately.

I was not at all nauseated. I was actually starving. They got me chicken noodle soup and I downed it like it was the best thing I've eaten in years. I dosed in and out for several hours before I fell to sleep.

My throat has been very dry and I am constantly drinking water. The nurse took out my catheter about 3hrs ago. Then about an hour ago she had me get up and use the restroom then walk around the nurse's station. I won't lie. Getting in and out of bed has been the most difficult thing so far, but it has helped. I will continue to update and be as throuogh as possible.

Time to go back to sleep.

3 days post op. That first day you are home is...

3 days post op.

That first day you are home is the hardest. Make sure you have a strong support system at home. Getting up and down has been the hardest. But it gets better each time. Make sure you have someone buy you Magnesium Citrate. Don't take it until your second day. It unclog your insides without making you hurt.

My left tube is draining much faster than my right tube, I asked Dr. Fata's RN if that was normal and she said yes. But I am actually leaking in a couple of spots and they also said that was normal.

Make sure you keep up on your pain meds, set an alarm if you have to.

Week post op. I got my drainage tubes taken out...

Week post op. I got my drainage tubes taken out yesterday. Didn't hurt at all. He also took the stitches out of my new belly button (

I just realized that my update the other day did...

I just realized that my update the other day did not post properly. Basically what I was going to say was that my swelling was so bad the other day that it hurt more than my actual procedure. It turned out the ted hoes the doctor gave me did not fit properly. I am no longer miserable. Now it feels like I worked out too hard at the gym. There is still an excessive amount of swelling. I cannot wait for it to go away.

Updating some pics.

Does anyone know when the swelling will start...

Does anyone know when the swelling will start going away? I keep my feet propped up as much as possible.... but uhh....

I know that there isn't a huge difference with my...

I know that there isn't a huge difference with my tummy tuck, but I already feel so much more confident. Even with the full body swelling.

SOMETHING EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW BEFORE GETTING A...

SOMETHING EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW BEFORE GETTING A TUMMYTUCK

When people tell you that you will have swelling after this surgery, they are not kidding and are actually underplaying it. You will have full body excessive edema. Some days your swelling will get so bad it hurts.

Drink plenty of fluids, no salty foods and keep your feet elevated!

Look up what it means to have excessive edema. Know and fully understand your side effects before your surgery.
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

swelling sounds awful! Keep us posted. Pics pics pics! :)
Yes..I totally feel ya.my lower back swelling fin ally went down and I can see the results of my Lipo on my love handles and back fat near my bra..gone!!i actually wore a strapless tank top today and it looks awesome.no fat overhang!!that swelling will go. Always!
The swellings the worst part of this whole thing if you ask me.glad you are feeling better.i just saw your after pic.you already look amazing!
I feel much skinnier than what the picture shows. I'm just swollen, tennis shoes don't even fit right now.
Every where they liposuctioned is swelled pretty bad as well.
Hi, I'm in Indy! Happy healing!!!
OMG the first night and peeing with me was horrible, I would need to go every 30 minutes and would sit there for 20 minutes and still feel like I wasnt done, hence the catheter. Today I also did I think way too much, went for breakfast, watched the kids swim in the pool, and made dinner and cleaned up. Im now back in my chair and am extremely swollen and sore. I have also deleveloped some sort of infection in my bladder, cant wait to see what the urologist says tomorrow. I must say though the pain level has gone down tremenously.
How are you doing today? I think with each day I get a bit stronger, however and getting stir crazy sitting in this recliner, and I couldnt even think of going anywhere, Im still pretty limited to the bathroom and back. I am experiencing discomfort in my right shoulder for some reason and it is quite bothersome, anything like that?
I've been pretty mobile. My PS ordered me to walk 6 times a day for 10 mins at a time. I've been following that and it has been working for me. I'm finally able to get my bathroom routine done by myself too. The only problem I have seen so far is that it takes me 5minutes to pee.
Hello fellow tt'er. I too had my tt and MR done on June 6th and all I can say is OMG. I never imagined it to be so painful and difficult. I had two consults one which was going to send me home the same day, but was only 20 minutes from my home and the other whom was going to make me stay overnight in the hospital, but was 1 1/2 hours away from my home. I went with the closer PS and although I really could have used the night in the hospital especially becasue I had issues the first night going to the bathroom, which I ended up with a cathetar the next day. Although I dont know if I would have been able to make the 1 1/2 hour trip home, the 20 minutes alone was horrible. I was very disappointed in one nurse at the center where I had my procedure done. She was the charge nurse and she thought I was sleeping and had said to another one we need to get her out of her by 4, granted I didnt wake up from surgery until 2:30. She ripped me out of bed and made me go to the bathroom and wehn I couldnt she didnt even care and sent me home anyways, making for a terrible night. However each day is getting a little easier and I am standing more straighter everyday. I just cannot wait until I am two weeks post op, the drains are out and I am able to take this binder off for a little while, and am on my way to a BIKINI!!!
Good Luck
Irgaec! Wow girl! I wouldn't have been able to make if I hadn't spent the night in a hospital. I'm so sorry you're in a lot of pain too. Yes, I believe a good nurse makes all the difference.
I'm glad to heard everything went well I'll check on you later to see how you doing.
I'm not even 24hours post op yet. Things I can tell you, you will be immensely uncomfortable when they wake you up after award cause you would have had the best sleep. I also have muscle reconstruction, and I know this is hard, but for the love of god do not tense abs up. You will regret it immediately.

I was not at all nauseated. I was actually starving. They got me chicken noodle soup and I downed it like it was the best thing I've eaten in years. I doesed in and out for several hours before I fell to sleep.

Time to go back to sleep.
Thank you indianaGirl i will start friday then. I wil check on you later to see how everything went.
good luck with your surgery we're can be healing budy's :) my TT is on jun 13th and please let me know how the arnica and bromelain is working for you i bought both but i haven't started yet i'm thinking about start taking them sunday since my surgery is on wed.
Nayd80! Thanks for the support! :) I'll let you know how the Arnica and Bromelain works. Just a heads up, if your surgery is on the 13th, you should probably start taking them on the 8th (that friday). That's what my PS instructed me to do, take it five days prior and 5-10days post. :)
Hello Indiana girl,and welcome!!i am proud of u for taking the step to do this for yourself.I am 6 days po.I am feeling pretty good now.The first couple of days are rough but it gets better everyday.I still have a lot of swelling..but I can tell I am gonna shape up fine!!!Allow yourself plenty of rest after surgery.Dont over do it!Take your pain meds as directed.have lots of pillows and take stool softeners!!!and most of all,have a good attitude and don't lose sight of your goal.itvtakes time to get your final results!
Thanks so much for your insight and the advice, SunnySmile!
You are very welcome!!I am 10 days po today.I feel so much better.i still have swelling but I feel a lot like myself now.It is so awesome to not to have to suck in my gut all the time.Its like ahhhh....I am happy,even with the swelling .its like Christmas everyday..you wake up to a ill different body!!
you are getting so close omg!!!,I will be thinking about you and I will send up a special prayer on Wednesday for you!!!!!!!
I wish they had a "like" feature on here like they do on fb, I would have liked your comment! Thank you so much. :)
YES!!they need a LIKE button on here for sure!I. Bet you are getting so excited!