Almost 1 year Post Op!!! - Dominican Republic

I have being thinking about this for several...

I have being thinking about this for several years, so finally I have decided its time!!! My husband is very supportive so I am going to take time for me and give a boost to my self esteem!!!!
I'm Latina mixed with black and Asian, so my body has potential either way!!!!lol!!! So DR here I come to leave a few pounds over there!!!

Well after going a little back and forth with the...

Well after going a little back and forth with the clinic, I got my quote and my surgery date: April 18th!!!! I bought my tickets yesterday, I bought them at the airport and with the money I save I will pay for my luggage!!! I got 80% of what I need while there.. I just need the Mosqueta Oil, Bromalain and arnica pill. Do anyone know if I can get them there??? I am so excited, my mom is happy fir me but like a good mom, leery of me going alone but I told her that I wasn't scare-- a lie-- we'll just a little. My hubby wishes he could go but it would be a waste of at least 1K, between the flight and being a guest at the recovery house. He doesn't need to come since the ladies there are great n will take great care of me... But he still surprise with a mini vac to Myrtle Beach two months later!!! I have an awesome hubby!!! I have told everyone else nothing!!! Too much negativity and haters to share my joy!!! My BFF doesn't know yet but I'm sure she will be happy for me!! I will keep everyone updated... Taking my blood test at the end of this month, let u all know how this process will go!

Well later!!

Well, I got a buddy, which I met in a funny way......

Well, I got a buddy, which I met in a funny way.... We were both at a local PS...which had her waiting for over 2 hrs... She ended walking out of the office, I stayed n got a quote...we stroke a conversation... I told her that I knew I wanted to go to Dr. Robles but was there just to get another opinion... This PS had done a TT in my girl for only 3600, but no lipo... She does have a flat tummy but the waist still chunky and so is her back.... Cheap? Yes... But I rather pay a few more to get the results I want (he quoted me in a breakdown, like a auto repair store.. Almost $11000 form TT, and lipo... No BBL.) so I said BOY BYE!!! I'm going Team Robles!, so I started talking to her about my trip to DR and she got interested, I showed her this site and the rest is history.... He are going on the 17th, just 30 days away!!!!!! We are staying at Virginia's and even though we r not flying together, we go n come back the same day! So excited that I have a buddy!

A question....BOOPY PILLOW...can u take it on the plane or do I have to put it in my luggage?

Well, its official... I just got my confirmation...

Well, its official... I just got my confirmation email from Raquel, Dr. Robles assistant. I got all my preop info and direction when I get there.

I bought EVERYTHING I possibly could get... gathered all the info from all the posting I have read here in RS.... a lot of info, let me tell you!

Now I am just tapping my fingers and shaking my legs til I have to go!!!

I am posting new pics... I lost around 10lbs and being working out a little... kind of a canamdrum since I will have to stop for about a couple of months to start again.... I really got addicted to going to the gym... the only reason I said a little cause I am scare that I would not leave enough fat for my butt, lol!!!

My hubby is so proud of me and will continue training me after I come back... he is a jock... muscles galore and fit as hell... love that man!!!

I have older kids (19 yrs old boys) that I have not told that I am going to DR for surgery... they all think I am going for "training".... they are away at college so it would be weird to explain why their mom what to have a big butty and little waist.... too weird!!! But they eventually will figure it out!

I gathered a "Preparation for Surgery" doc. that I seen on another's girl page I will copy and paste it.:
**************Prep for SX*****************
THREE WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
Make a list of all medications! (Over-the-counter and prescribed)
• Your patient counselor must have a complete list of all medications that you take, either over-the- counter (including supplements and vitamins) or prescribed, before your upcoming procedure.
• Many medications interfere with the clotting process of blood and it is crucial that we know everything that you are currently taking or may take in the near future.
• You will be instructed by your patient counselor to temporarily discontinue certain medications in the weeks ahead.
CHECK YOUR REFRIGERATOR!
It is important that you maintain a healthy diet including many fruits and vegetables. However, there are certain foods which naturally contain salicylates, which affect the blood, and should be kept to a minimum for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery. Cutting down on these foods will help reduce bruising after surgery. Now is the time to clean out your refrigerator and adjust your shopping lists for the weeks ahead.

Foods containing salicylates that should be kept to a minimum for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery:
Almonds Cherries Grapefruit Limes Peaches Raisins
Apricots Cucumber Grapes Nectarines Plums Tomatoes
Berries(all) Currants Lemons Oranges Prunes Vinegar

TWO WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
Stop 2 weeks BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER surgery: MAY CAUSE EXCESSIVE BLEEDING!
• All Aspirin and Ibuprofen products including the drugs listed on the enclosed insert.
• All anti-inflammatory drugs used for arthritis. (Please consult your physician prior to discontinuing).
• All anti-coagulants
• Vitamin E taken internally
• If a medication is in question, call our office nurse.
START 2 WEEKS BEFORE UNTIL 2 WEEKS AFTER SURGERY (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED)
• Take a Multivitamin tablet daily. Most multivitamins contain some form of vitamin E, however this is acceptable to take prior to surgery. We do ask that you refrain from taking additional vitamin E.
• Take Vitamin A - 8,000-10,000 units, twice a day. This has well-documented beneficial effects on surgical healing and will also fuel your immune system.
• Take Vitamin C - 1,000 mg., twice a day. This is essential for collagen synthesis, which is part of normal wound healing. Your need for Vitamin C will increase after surgery.
• Take Bromelain - 1,000 mg., twice a day. (Pineapple enzyme - from a health food store) This helps to relieve the swelling associated with surgery.
For Liposuction patients only:
• Begin taking Slow Fe (non-prescription iron supplement) once daily.
ONE WEEK BEFORE SURGERY
BEGIN A LOW SODIUM DIET: (1 week BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER procedure):
Limit sodium intake to 1200-1500 mg. daily. Limiting sodium will help you have less swelling and discomfort and allow you to heal faster after surgery.
?
GET PROPER NUTRITION AND REST: (1 week BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER procedure):
• Avoid white carbohydrates such as bread, bagels, rice, potatoes, pasta and sweets.
• Eat healthy, regular meals.
• Eat 2 fruits and 3 green vegetables daily.
• Eat a small amount of protein at each meal.

IMPORTANT! Your diet can aid healing remarkably and reduce swelling and pain!

GET ALL PRESCRIPTIONS FILLED.

BUY SURGICAL GARMENT (if instructed to do so by Dr. Lopes):
• You will be instructed by your patient counselor where to purchase the garment.
• Your garment may need to be altered to fit and you must have it for the day of surgery.

3 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY
• Wash the operative area with your normal soap or cleanser once daily for three days prior to surgery.

2 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY
YOU MAY BEGIN TAKING ARNICA MONTANA
• Take every 8 hours as directed and continue for 10 days.
• Continue taking Bromelain as directed every 12 hours between meals. This anti-inflammatory promotes healing. As an alternative, eat fresh pineapple.

THE NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! If you are having I.V. Sedation or General Anesthesia:
NOTHING to eat or drink after 10PM the night prior to your procedure.
SAFETY ALERT: Failure to comply increases anesthesia risk and may cause cancellation of your surgery!

IMPORTANT! FOLLOWING I.V. SEDATION OR GENERAL ANESTHESIA:
Make arrangements prior to the day of surgery for someone else to drive you home and stay with you for at least 24 hours after surgery!!

THE DAY OF SURGERY
GETTING READY:
• You may brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash. Do not swallow any liquids.
• Do not use breath mints or chewing gum.
• Do not apply makeup, deodorant, lotions, fingernail polish, hairpins or moisturizer.
• Do not wear jewelry or valuables.
• Do not wear contacts. Bring a case for glasses.
• Wear loose-fitting clothing: a button up front shirt, elastic waist pants and slip-on shoes. No jeans or jumpsuits.

AFTER SURGERY
You will be given specific postoperative instructions for your procedure which will outline in detail what you should do for the next 24 hours and for the upcoming weeks.
WHEN YOU GET HOME/RECOVERY HOUSE: (General Instructions)
• Someone must be with you for 24 hours.
• Do not get up without assistance. Stay quiet and do little talking, movement, and lifting as excessive activity may cause bleeding to occur.
• Pain medication can be taken soon after leaving the office if needed.
• If you experience nausea, use the anti-nausea medication.
• Sip liquids slowly, increase gradually. By evening you may have a light, soft meal.
• Do not drink any alcoholic beverages (beer and wine included) for 48 hours. They do not mix well with anesthesia and may make you very sick.
• Do not smoke.
• Do not drive or do anything that requires your coordination for 48 hours. Medication and/or anesthesia agents may interfere with good judgement.

Hope it helps to prepare before surgery....

Well for now, I have 6 more days until I leave (17th, SX 18th).... let you know whats up as I start my progress in DR!!!

Well, my hubby n I went out to diner last night n...

Well, my hubby n I went out to diner last night n we talk about what is going to happened... He is so encouraging n happy for me, not that he is not going to appreciate my new booty but he knows how bad I want this!!!

I been out of town before but he always has been able to reach me, now we are flipping the coin with this damn technology!!! He is my best buddy so it's hard not to have ur best friend to talk with when u r going through pain n second guessing..., well in getting sad now.... I know I will be ok, it's just not been around my family might be hard... But I heard ppl praising Virginia's caring hands!!!! We will see!!

I have everything ready to go so just have to wait for tomorrow to take the plane (24hrs).

I have to thank all the divas here that have braved the process n have giving their frank n honest opinions, they truly helped me to make my decision. THANKS A LOT!!!!... Not to say that I had not filtered the drama away from fact... We do have plenty of drama on RS, just like the Lifetime channel!!!!

I will keep u posted play by play n for those waiting on the sides, good luck with ur surgeries!!!!

God bless!!! n ttyl8r!!!!

Can't sleep... I need someone to sing me a...

Can't sleep... I need someone to sing me a lullaby!!! All repacked since I was taking too much crap!!! Thanks Hazel for all your advise n well wishing!!!

Well ladies, I'm here!. It is 5 o'clock in the...

Well ladies, I'm here!. It is 5 o'clock in the morning and I cannot sleep. I did in fact had a good night, went to bed around 10 until now, which is good for me, I usually wake up at 4:30, naturally, every morning.

I completely forgot to wash my hair last night I was so tired and just went to bed. So I will go and wash my hair in a few minutes. Well the hospital is more like a large clinic. It is small but clean I have not seen anything to grossed me out. But, I definitely can tell the snootiness of the nurses. They do look at you funny though. But I'm used to it. So they don't face me. I just smile and be nice to them.

I know a lot of you do not want to change pesos at the airport but it is nice to have at least $50 worth of pesos. There is a cafeteria downstairs and you can buy stuff cheaper with pesos. The room has a few bottles of water. Don't buy any downstairs. But they do have a wonderful natural pineapple juice fresh made.

When you first get off the plane do not, I repeat, do not changed your money at the first counter when you first get off the ramp. Go to the one next to where you get your tourist visa they give you a better rate. And also do not try to change money outside the airport. People might be watching your carrying a lot of money.

The ride from the airport takes you right off the coast where you can see the whole beach as u get to the downtown area. Wilson was my driver really nice guy we talked a little. Again, nice guy.

Well, when I got to the clinic/hospital around 4 o'clock I met Raquel, she is the lady that basically help you with the intake at the hospital. She goes with you to some of process and take you around to do all your tests. Everything came out roses, my hemo is 14! Then after they check up: cardiologist for the EKG, the x-ray, which by the way is not old is just the setup that looks old. They take your blood n the lady did not use gloves I did notice that. But the place is very casual and I think that is the reason why they are not so pushy about taking precautions. I little alarming though!

After I was done with all my testing, LauraI came, it was around 6pm, and took me through the whole process of explaining the paperwork. I felt she was very honest about the process and my expectations, very through all!!!. She is a little thing, very feisty and really cute. She's also pregnant about six months but you would not notice because she's so tiny. But Raquel, not Raquel Medina, she is so pregnant she looks like she is hiding 2 basketballs under her clothes. Very cute n sweet.
I paid Laura n she gave me my receipt and showed me to my room. Laura told me that I might not see her for the rest of my visit but she set up my phone so I could get in touch with her with the Whatsup App. She entered her information so I could get in touch with her if I needed her.

My room was ready, so I just went right in and set up my stuff. Went downstairs and had something to eat. Came upstairs watched a little TV and went to sleep.

When I woke up I have to come outside my room to get a Wi-Fi signal. Your room is horrible for Wi-Fi. On the hall there was a lady walking about looking for nurse. Then, I noticed it was no one around. So I went to my room and I pushed a button. A loud bell rang at their desk. Then a nurse came running to turn it off. She seemed she was asleep because her eyes were really red.

The lady was looking for the nurse because whoever she was accompanying was having nausea. So make sure if you r here at night you have ur ringer next to you so you can call the nurse.

I have to go in wash my hair so I'll talk to you beauties later. I will try my best to update, but I don't have good Wi-Fi in my room. I will spend the night here at the hospital and then tomorrow I'll go to Virginia's. I will try to update then. Pray for me!!!

Hi cuties, I'm at Virginia's 1day post op!! Let me...

Hi cuties, I'm at Virginia's 1day post op!! Let me tell u about m adventure... Everything came up roses! But had to get iron shots, two blood transfusions two hyperbolic treatment bcus I'm anemic n Dr. Robles lipoed very aggressively my back!!! I knew it would happened so no surprise there!!! At Virginias everything is very clean her and the morning girl Yalitza, are VERY attentive n really take care of u!!! So happy that I pushed to stay here... Besides that my faja is tight but manageable, I learned to breathe in short n low breaths n it works!!! I'm feeling little nauseous but Virginia made anise tea so I burp to feel better! It hurts if I move too much but so far small step will also get you where u want to go!!! I will try to take pics tomorrow!! See u later my sweets!!!

Ok, now I am on 20 days PO, feeling great! With NO...

Ok, now I am on 20 days PO, feeling great! With NO REGRETS!!!

This whole experience was 50% mental, 50% patience but 100% faith and if u not religious u will learn to believe that there IS a higher power taking u through it! Because I didn't do it alone!!!!

Lets start from almost the beginning, cause you can read the first few days at the hospital and arriving at Virginia's in the last two reviews.

Ok, So I had a wonderful experience all 14 days at Virginia's Recovery house. I was supposed to leave on Tuesday, April 30 but issues with Florida weather made me leave May 2nd. So I did have to stay two extra days in DR and had to pay for those two extra days at the recovery how. Well worth it!!! And they treated me just as cordial and warm as always.

One important note. "Virginia's recovery house" is not actually owned by Virginia, she is the evening and weekend caretaker. She works there along with Yalitza, the morning M-F caretaker and Joana, the great cook. These ppl are very humble n modest, they know what they are doing so remember to be nice to them!!!!!

TIP: Whenever getting wheelchair help at the airport make sure you bring single dollars and make sure there's only one person pushing you and helping you with your luggage. I got double teamed and have to pay two people to push me and get the one to bring my luggage. They have it down packed! Don't get played.

Also, they are not the ones they are going to take you through customs n to the gate, they only take you from the door of the airport to the check-in counter, about 200 feet!!!!. So do not give them all your tip money. There is a second person and after check in that will take you all the way to the gate.

I have to give it to these people cause they did all they could to take me through everything to making sure I got to my airplane door on time. I only had 45 minutes n the girl managed 40 minutes to boarding. She was lighting!!! N I didn't miss my plane!!!

The TSA in DR saw my drain asked me if I had surgery and let me go through. I got checked by the Florida TSA. They swiped my hand looking for explosive.

I actually made a Boopie pillow n took it on the plane but it was too big to seat on it so I just use it as a head rest!!! I was very surprised of how comfortable I was!!!! I slept a little but too excited to see my hubby!!!

I got home around midnight and my husband had made everything ready for me to go to sleep. He prepped some pillows to put behind my head n underneath my legs. This was the first time sleeping on a flatbed. I always slept on a hospital bed at the Recovery House. But the last few days had been tiresome sleeping on that bed. I was missing my bed. I got comfortable on my own bed and I actually slept through the night The next couple days I have been playing around and moving around and actually got to lay on my side for about 20 to 30 minutes at the time. I really cannot fall asleep yet on my side but I have been dozing off. The pressure on my sides sometimes wakes me up and makes me turn around and lay flat.

The first couple days back home have been kind of busy. I have been grocery shopping with my mom n running a few errands too.

I went dinner and the movies with the hubby so it's been great!

I do have to point out that the since I'm back I'm off the meds but found that ibuprofen 800 mg help me with the inflammation. I started getting inflamed after PO 11 n my left leg n hips got really really big. Now I take them every eight hours and they actually have control my swelling. I haven't had issues since. It actually helps with all my inflammation around my body too! It is prescription strength and I got them a few months ago when I sprained my wrist. You would need to get that prescription from your doctor. They do help a lot with the swelling.

Now, the crazy things that has been happening to my body. I left weighing 186lbs. Day 14 I weight myself and I weighed 198.9. Then my mother took my drain on day 15 and on day 16 I weighed myself and I was 186.8. Only three days later N I lost almost 13 lbs... Now, I am on the 19th and I'm weighing 181.6. That means that all the fluids is leaving my body, Thank God!! Mind you that I'm still eating normally. I'm eating everything and I am not keeping a diet. But I do have to say that I've been having a chronic diarrhea. Every time I eat I poop within 20 minutes. I guess I'm not keeping anything on my body. My friend that is a doctor told me that since my body is trying to get rid of the fluid it actually has revved my metabolism so makes everything leave my body as soon as possible. Works for me!

My waist is shrinking too. I left being a 35" now I am at 31 1/2" n I'm still very, very swollen. I gained almost 2 inches on my butt though, lol!

My mom removed all my little stitches: two along my bra line on my back another one in the middle of my back n two more underneath my butt cheeks. They didn't hurt. All those areas still numbed. Before I left the doctor removed two stitches underneath my armpits. And two more from underneath each boob. Since she lipoed my whole back those holes were for the lipo rods.

Both my tummy tuck scar and my bellybutton are healing awesomely. My bellybutton is a little red, but it's healing nicely.

I sent pictures to Laura, the doctor's assistant, so she could see how are my scar healing. She said they look really nice.

Well that's all I can think of for right now. If you have any questions asked me. I really think this was well worth it. Husband is very happy with my results so far. I can't wait to get rid of all this swelling so I can actually see my real body. But for now I'm thrilled with my results!!!

Talk to you ladies later.

34 days PO!!

I am feeling better, still swollen around my belly and sides!!!

34 days PO!!

I am feeling better, still swollen around my belly and sides!!!

Almost 3 months PostOp!!! Loving it!

Hi ladies, it's been almost 3 months since my procedure. I'm still healing I'm still a little bit swollen but I'm still loving my results!! I have to say that this procedure tested my physical abilities as well as my emotional being! But it's all good, I'm still loving the way I look!
Just to recap, I had a tummy tuck, my complete back and sides lipoed. I was 12.5 prior to surgery and by the morning of my sxy I was 14. I did doubled my vitamins (C, Complex B, Iron & Folic Acid) on the last three weeks before. I have anemia. So I knew I needed the extra boost. I did lose a little bit like 10 pounds prior to surgery. I was 197 lbs. when I sent my pictures and by the time I got to DR I was 186. Currently I weigh 180. I am still not trying to lose any weight fast because I do not want to restrict any nutrients that are helping me heal. When I first came home after surgery I was weighing 190. And slowly after my swelling went down I came down to 180. So I believe that the doctor took about 6-7 pounds of fat. My waist went from 36 to 30. I was wearing a size 12 now I can wear a 10. My butt is much bigger compared to my waist, Before I was like a box they both kind of had the same circumference. Now every piece of clothing that I buy from my bottom I have to take in the waist. You can really see the difference in my black and white dress. To tell you the truth I feel like an hourglass.

Now since I have my whole back lipoed, still hurts. I will be honest, it feels like the worst sunburn ever. Specially if I m laying on it... When I get up it feels like my skin is peeling off my body.... But still very worth it. It happens every morning when I wake up or when I'm driving with my back to the seat. Yes, it does hurt but when you don't have anymore bulges coming out of your bra and your dresses look so smooth believe me it's worth it!!!! I have learned how to bear with it, it's only been three months I know and it probably be another three months, but it really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I do complain to my husband a lot, but I am really looking for comfort from him. So I whine as much as I can. Lol!

I only had three massages. I stopped them early because I really did not notice any difference. My husband does a better job he does back and my side and it feels awesome. He put some baby oil gel and massages my back with an open hand very softly, he does not knead my skin, its like a soft rub. I stopped taking my vitamins about a month ago. I stopped wearing my garment about a month ago. I do now and then where my flexees which is like a bodysuit but only if I know I'm going to be doing a lot of movement. I have an office job so I do not need to do a lot of movement. So I wear soft clothing not to irritate my skin.

But let's talk about the thing that bothers me the most...my back itches like crazy!!! Never seems to stop it is a very persistent itch. All over my back. Just because I have it lipoed so my nerves back there are going crazy. Nothing helps it, no Benadryl, no scratching, no warm water, no washing, no nothing!!! I just look like a bear scratching my back all the time.

My bellybutton healed a little bit too closed for my liking, I started reopening by pushing cotton down. It has opened a lot more now I can push my index finger in it. But still a little bit too small for comfort. Its a look thing.

In conclusion, I am very happy with my results I love the way my waist compared to my hips look. My husband really enjoys touching all over. I have to say going to Dr. Robles was a wonderful experience. I was treated so nicely at Virginia's and at the clinic. So I have no complaints whatsoever. In fact I'm thinking about going next year to do some work on my arms and maybe a breast lift.

Okay ladies so if you need me to answer any questions already.

Almost a year!

I will put up my one year anniversary pics April 18th!!!!
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

All the wonderful reviews I have read!!!