Tummy Tuck - Lookn' Good!

On June 13th, I had a tummy tuck and lipo done on...

On June 13th, I had a tummy tuck and lipo done on the flanks and calves. After losing 85 pounds, I was blessed with "chicken skin" on my lower belly. This surgery was able to take it off! I also had pockets of fat on the top of my calves. After looking at zillions of other ladies legs, no one else has this. I was ready to have these weird looking things taken off!

After five hours, the doctor came out and kissed my mother because I would look so beautiful! He took five pounds of skin and fat from my midsection and five pounds off the four different spots. However, now I am 15 days out of surgery, still hurt, went through all the HUGE mood swings and ready for my life to be back to normal! But boy, when I do, I'll look hot!

Well, here we are on a HOT party weekend and I...

Well, here we are on a HOT party weekend and I feel like I am wearing five pound lead bandaids around my stomach! These binders are so tight and hot! I know I need to wear them tight and all, but boy, I am ready to have them off!

Yesterday I was out in the sun too much trying to act like everything is normal, but then had to take a pain pill again (I've been trying not to take them). Today has been better. I need to sneak in a nap in the middle of the day to keep up with everyone! Heat makes me swell------ yuck!

Today I was back at the PS to look things over. ...

Today I was back at the PS to look things over. They are impressed with my healing, but I still feel like my belly has gotten a really bad sunburn. Like the kind with blisters! They say that's just part of the healing I guess.
The 4th of July was good, but I was out in the sun WAY too much! Therefore, I have so much more swelling than I had before the weekend. I guess I learned the hard way to stay out of the heat!

Tonight I finally (with some help) squeezed into...

Tonight I finally (with some help) squeezed into the compression garment from my PS. This is the size I am supposed to go down to, if not more. But I am super pumped because this one has holes in it to go to the bathroom. That's been quite a challange! But now, thanks to this sweet spanx like thing, my life will be changed! I am really, really, really excited to see that a week ago I couldn't fit into this and now I can. That might be more exciting than freely being able to go to the bathroom!

Well, last night I looked in the mirror and am so...

Well, last night I looked in the mirror and am so impressed at how the swelling has gone down! YAY! I'm looking more normal once again!
Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Dr. C rocks! There is also a service that you can call the OR nurse anytime about anything! I had so many dumb questions she answered!

I bet it is hot wearing the binders in the summer. Not looking forward to that. I get my TT on Aug 16. Would love to see pics.
Are you happy with how you look?
As of right now, yes very happy! I tried on a shirt tonight that skims my new waist even with my binders on! Before I would have NEVER worn that or been able to! I'm sure you will look great! Its totally worth it!
Hi! Hope u doing well and I hope to see some picture post soon and you will look great.!

Hooray for you and your new bod! I'm glad you have the first couple weeks behind you. Please let us know how you're feeling as you continue to recover. You might want to check out Kimmers' Month by Month Tummy Tuck Diary to help you prepare for what's in store in the coming months.

Thank you for the tip on the month by month diary! I was so excited to read what to look forward to! And my boyfriend is happy to see that the emotional mood swings leave by month two! I can't wait to see myself after all the swelling is gone! Thanks again!