So Happy I Finally Did It!

I am about 13 weeks out and I could not be...

I am about 13 weeks out and I could not be happier!

I have 3 wonderful children, so like many of the mom’s I know, I wasn’t happy with all the extra skin and the muscle separation that was a result of my pregnancies. No amount of workouts or weight loss would repair any of that. I knew it was going to be pricey and I knew it was going to hurt! Now that I have done it, I can honestly say it was worth every penny!

I know it sounds crazy, but I wasn’t nervous at all for my surgery. I think it was because I researched (for years) and had complete confidence in my doctor. This is SO important! Please make sure you do your homework! Even though this is an elected procedure, it is just as invasive as open heart surgery. Talk with former patients and read reviews! Make sure you have picked a doctor that you feel completely comfortable with.

My surgery was just under 4 hours. I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and a tiny bit of lipo on my flanks. The only before picture I have is the one they took at the doctor’s office and I don’t have it yet. I will post before and after pictures once I get them.

It’s funny…I don’t have any pictures of me in just a swimsuit before the surgery. I was always covered. Yesterday, I wore a bikini for the first time is 13 years and my tummy finally saw the sun! It was a good day ?

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

It was so fun to wear one over the 4th. My husbands family has never seen me in a bikini and the complements were so wonderful! I wish I had a picture of me before the surgery to show people...I would always delete them if the photo was below my chest! LOL! I will post some as soon as I get the before pic from the doctor.
Good luck!!
How exciting to wear a bikini! Can't wait to see yr pictures! I've never worn a bikini and am just hoping for a flat tummy.

Doesn't it feel good to be able to bare more skin!?

Thanks so much for posting your experience here on RealSelf. Glad it was all worth it for you!