SMAS LIFT or "Cosmo Lift" - Tulsa, OK

This was a huge waste of money. Not only did it...

This was a huge waste of money. Not only did it not work I somehow ended up with a burn/blister on my forehead. My face was swolen like a blowfish. I have big eyes and my entire face was swolen leaving me with eyes that looked like slits for 4 days!

I had the procedure on a Friday. I was heavily sedated during the procedure but can remember during the procedure a loud sound like something crashing to the floor and I think something hit my forehead. I remember hearing laughing in the room. The next day I called the doctors office about the swelling. I was told not to worry about it and just lay upright and put frozen pees on it. I called again and insisted on being seen. The doctor was not there and the lady at the front desk took me to a room and took my bandage off from around my forehead to the back of my head. To my surprise I saw this huge blister on my forehead. The girl acted as though she didn't even notice it until I asked her why I had a burn on my forehead. I insisted she call the doctor and get her in to look at me. She finally showed up with a man who I think was her boyfriend. When I showed her the burn she just looked puzzled and remark. That is strange...it like like burn from a flat iron or something. I told her that was ridiculous but she minimized the situation and tried to ge tme to focus on how good my face looked. Right...I looked like a blow fish, there was no way to see what the results were from whatever it was she did to me. She told me to go home and put frozen peas on my face and she was sure all of the swelling would be gone by Monday. Well it wasn't and I now have a small scar from the burn on my forehead. I should have walked right out of her office and gotten an attorney. Especially after I got home and held a mirror up in the bathroom to look at the back of my head. What I thought was bandages she had not taken off was actually my hair tangled up with dried blood.

Please head this warning and do not have this procedure done especially by this doctor. I have credible witnesses that saw the burn and the condition I was in. I wonder after 3 years I could still take her to court and at the very least get my $3,000 back. Oh and one other thing the place where she insterted the sutures into my scalp the hair has still not grown back. This was a hellish nightmare I hope no one else will have to endure. Please take note and beware of this so called doctor in Tulsa, OK.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry for what you've been through. Did you ever get an explanation for what the burn mark was?

BTW, I saw you rated the procedure as "Worth It"... is this because the actual facelift looks good, aside from the burn?

I must have missed the Was it worth it check box...

I must have missed the Was it worth it check box and it defaulted to Worth It. Thanks for the heads up and no I did not ever get an explanation as to why I had a burn on my forhead. And I would like to share the name of the so called doctor who did this procedure. Her name is Dr. Leslie Masters

I can't imagine why you would have a burn on your forehead unless a hot lamp fell on you during the surgery! Then they are going to pretend they don't see it! That doctor deserves to be sued and reported to whatever medical association is in charge. Good luck to you.
Dr. Leslie Masters

I think the experience I described above says it all.