New Lease on Life - Troy, MI

I have exercised my entire life and no matter how...

I have exercised my entire life and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get rid of the fat on my stomach. I will be 60 in June and thought that if I didn't do it now I never would. What a wonderful gift to give myself! I am very happy with my results. I wish I knew beforehand that it takes 3 months to recover and to start exercising again and being "normal". The doctor tells all of us 6 weeks but it took me 3 months.

Sterling Heights Plastic Surgeon

From an owner of a nail salon ... her client's always show her what they've had done and she told me she saw the best results with him.

If you read on you will see a host of 'you look great' comments flying back and forth - woman to woman!!! THAT has to mean worth it!
I can't believe that you are 60! You look 30! You have amazing skin. Well done for taking the plunge.
Awwww...thank you!!! I just read your profile and saw your pictures. You look amazing!! I see that you recently had yours and you comment a lot about "swell hell". The bad news is that it will continue for the next year! Really!! The sight I am on with a group of girls who had it done the same month (November tummy tuck -2012) all complained about it as well. There didn't seem any rhyme or reason to it. The good news is, each month you are going to look better and better. By the time the years is up you won't even believe how great you look. Don't gain weight and keep working at your body. Stay on this site, it has helped immensely!
Thanks tisme - today is a good day. I think rest is key and after a good lazy sofa evening last night I feel much less swollen today. But knowing that it's normal is really important because it's easy to beat yourself up. So far no weight gain although when you're very swollen it's easy to feel like a hefalump! THanks for coming back so long after your procedure.
So it's true? They told me swelling can go on for 6 to 9 months. No tummy exercises for 6 months? Oy vey. I'm 13 days post op for my granny takeover. the first week is HORRIBLE, just like most ppl said, but I feel more normal now even though I'm being good and still walking bent over. But I was hoping to be pretty much normal by December. Not so, huh?
Everyone is different but it took me 3 months until I started exercising again. You will swell up to 9 months but the good news is: There is life after your tummy tuck!! And a great one at that! My tt motivated me to start exercising again and reclaiming my old body!!! Stay on this board with other woman that have had tt the same time as you have. There was a great group of us that compared notes and suffered thru it all together. It was TOTALLY worth it. Be patient, let me know how you do.
You look great and like you I was hoping to be somewhat normal at 6 weeks lol I'm only 5 weeks now and I'm like the good year blimp. Lol I guess I still have a ways to go.
Thanks! Be patient and stay on these boards! You will get thru this and it is worth it for the end results!
so what im wondering is the 8500 for the tt or did you get something else done?
Michellelynn311 ~ It was for the tt and he did some lipo. I saw on your profile you live in Michigan and were looking for a doctor and wondering how far to drive. I would HIGHLY recommend my doctor. He is Chief of Plastic Surgery at Troy Beaumont. He has you stay a night at the hospital and it really helped me a lot. I have fantastic results and I really can't say enough good things about him or his office. The drive wouldn't be anything for you because you only go to his office about 5 times total and the hospital once. He is the best!!! Go for a free consultation and he will tell you what it will cost.
You look wonderful too Lourdes76! I'm so happy with my results!!! It has truly changed the way I feel about myself and my body.
You look wonderful!!
You look fabulous !!! I just made 3 mos today some days I feel normal others not...
Thank you sarav59! You look amazing as well. You did a lot of hard work prior to your surgery, congratulations! Recovery takes time ... a lot longer than the doctors tell you. It took me three months before I felt well enough to start exercising again. I'm 5 months now and feeling really good! So happy I did this!! It is a long process but totally worth it.
Fabulous!!!
You look amazing too Bluedragonfly! I read your profile and you said your boobs seemed bigger, mine too! What's up with that? I don't want them bigger. I am 3 1/2 months PO - I think it's swelling. Aren't you sooooo happy you had this surgery?????
I have absolutely no regrets! That's not to say that there were about 3 weeks when I really regretted it! But those days are long gone. I am almost 4 months post op, and I love my new tummy! My boobs do feel and look bigger I think, but my hubby loves them, haha! (I was a 34DD to start with, and I'm still wearing the same bras. They still fit, they are just fuller!) Have fun with your new beautiful body!
I have no regrets either!! I'm almost 4 months as well. Enjoy your new body!!
You look fantastic! Your waist is so tiny. Are you seriously almost 60? Your belly looks 35! Kudos to you!
Awww...you are too sweet NewSelfNC!!! My waist is tiny from my surgery!!! Prior to it I didn't think I had one any longer. One of the nicest things abouts having my TT was being on this site and meeting some amazing women like you!!
you look great! Did you have muscle repair and lipo? I am trying to figure all that out. thanks for sharing
I had both muscle repair and lipo. You will get amazing results too! Please give yourself time to recover. Know that you won't want to do much of anything for 2 months. I was so bored during my recovery and now I'm 3 months PO I actually miss the days when I had an excuse not to do anything but rest. I am not a plastic surgery person - haven't done anything before but this was totally worth it!!! Stay on this site! The support you will get is amazing. Let us know how you do.
Good for you! You look fantastic and give me hope. I am 51 and it took me this long to get the courage to do it. I am only 4 weeks PO and I hope I look & feel as good as you do in another month. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Geneticjinx15 - thank you! I finally feel really good and am glad I gave you hope. The only thing I am sorry about is not doing it when I was younger, only because no matter what I did I couldn't get rid of my fat stomach!! 4 weeks - you are still at a very challenging time with pain, swelling, and being tired! Just listen to your body! A lot of girl went back and were exercising by 6 weeks. My PS told me I could but I wasn't ready. I went back part time at 3 months and it's working out great for me. Sleep a lot and rest if you can during the next month. I actually miss that down time even thou at the time it made me stir crazy. I'm so happy I had the surgery!! Stay conncected to this site - there are some amazing supportive woman on it. Welcome to the flat side, let me know how you are doing.
Thanks! I agree that I wish I had done it in my late 30's or early 40's but I am still happy I did it now. I am doing really well except for one thing. I am 31 days PO and STILL have a drain. : ( My energy is pretty good, not like pre surgery, but I can do pretty much everything. If I could just get this drain out I would be so happy. I will be 5 weeks PO on Wednesday. I sure hope it is gone by then. Have a great weekend!