Septorhinoplasty-Finally Doing It After 20 Years! - Troy, MI

I have a dorsal bump made worse by a deviated...

I have a dorsal bump made worse by a deviated septum from an injury in College (guy goes to punch a guy at a frat party, guy ducks, hits me)! As I've grown older my bump has gotten more pronounced as has the deviated septum.

Your result looks stunning. Wow!!
Was in yesterday for stitch removal and gauze removal, painless. Had to put the gauze back on though because my nose still drips a bit....that's a bit annoying. Cast off Tue AM. Have just been taking an occasional Tylenol extra strength for minor throbbing. My tip looks super puffy so I'm looking forward to that going down! Will post pics when I'm off my iPad.
My nose is still stuffy, not a complete block like right after surgery but it's annoying for sure .

Ok so I did it! I've posted some 6 day post op...

Ok so I did it! I've posted some 6 day post op pics. Will post more after tape is off.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

For anyone heading into surgery, I highly suggest...

For anyone heading into surgery, I highly suggest Dermablend makeup for the week after, it's used to cover bruises and tattoos. It really works well.

GREAT results! My nose was crooked as well, due to the swelling...but within a week, that went away! Your looking great!
Wow.. beautiful results! Yay for you!! How exciting! You're even more beautiful!
you look really pretty!!!

Well, I am one month since my surgery. Good news...

Well, I am one month since my surgery. Good news and not so good news.....My bones are straight and healing well, my profile looks great, BUT....my front lower septum shifted to it's original position! So my front view is in fact crooked. In 2 months I go back and have a smaller, shorter procedure done to put the tip back in it's straight spot. Frustrating, but I waited 20 years to do this so a 2 months wait will be worth it to have it done right. Grrrrr

closed
Was your surgery open or closed?
I met with Dr. G today for my 2 month check and yes I am having a touch up on Jan 11th. My septum is leaning to the side near the tip so a minor fix. No breaking or cast this time just some tape. Appt. on a wed. And stitches out on fri. My profile is great and bones are healing prefectly from 2 months ago.

I had my revision yesterday. Was put out as...

I had my revision yesterday. Was put out as before but much shorter procedure. My septum had shifted over so it was shifted back into place. I haven't needed any pain meds, just stuffy and runny and have some tape on my nose. Supposed to have stitches removed tomorrow.

I saw Golden a few weeks ago. I'm feeling pretty confident that he is my guy for the job! I'm going back on the 19th for another consult. This time I'm bringing my best friend with me. How's your healing?
For all you Dr. Golden girls (cute name huh?!) I'm going to schedule a consult!! Your posts totally convinced me to see him! I honestly never heard of him before!
Thank you!!!
I think you will be quite happy with Dr. Golden!! He is someone who takes SO MUCH pride in what he does. He is a very quirky individual and he will tell you what he can and CANNOT DO..not try and beat around the bush about things. He is straight up HONEST!! He just has this kind of sarcastic sence of humor about things, but he is the biggest sweetheart! I wish he would have done my nose the first time around!

I'm 5 months septum redo and 8 months original...

I'm 5 months septum redo and 8 months original surgery. I still have some tightness/tingling in the tip which can last up to a year so since I had that messed with in January it could be another 6 plus months of that. Otherwise, just some days where there is some swelling on and off on the side of my nose, but it depends on what I eat (salt) or drink (alcohol) or do heavy cardio (spinning or running). I will post some new pictures soon. The more I look at my old nose, the more I can't believe I waited so long to do it!

SCB71 would you update please? I'm particularly interested in your experience because I'm getting ready to get my revision in the next few months and would love to know what to plan for around my work. In terms of bruising, breathing, swelling. Also, after the shifted septum was corrected, does it now look perfectly straight?
Thank you for the update! I think your nose looks just perfect!!! You must be soooo happy!

I am almost 1 year post septum redo and 14 months...

I am almost 1 year post septum redo and 14 months from the original surgery

My nose looks similar to your before. Did you have any other work done other than the septum. I am being set up for surgery in the next few week and want to make sure it will be what I expect. Which is my bump gone and nose straight and breathing would be nice too.. :)
Hello :) thank you for your review!! It was part of the reason why I went through Dr. Golden. I was wondering when you had the revision if he made any reduction to it as well... I'm almost a month and half out and Im a little impatient. i was wondering because your nose looks significantly smaller from one month to 5 months... You look amazing by the way!
When I had the revision he only touched the septum and didn't have to disrupt everything else like with the first major surgery with breaking, etc so that is why my swelling went down so quickly after the revision. Hard to be patient but you will swell on and off throughout the year depending on what you eat and if you work out, etc. It's just a waiting game, but of course you are the one who notices it the most. Hang in there.
Troy Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Golden has been doing this for a long time. He knows what he's doing and how to do it. He has a great eye and hand for what he does. Sometimes can be inconsistent verbally with what the plan is but overall cares about getting the agreed upon outcome.