Looking Older and Tired at 55...need a Fresh Look! - Troy, MI

Going in next week to have a mini...

Going in next week to have a mini facelift/necklift done. Very anxious about the whole thing but being on here and reading all the reviews has helped me tremendously. I have a fabulous doctor here in Michigan that I have complete confidence in. I will keep you posted as to how it all goes. I am scared and excited all at the same time. I am hoping for a fresh look without looking overdone.

Tomorrows the day!

Of course we got a big snowstorm today and I have to get out to get my manicure, hair done, and last massage before surgery tomorrow. Thank god for 4 wheel drive. Pretty excited to just get this over with and start healing. Taking my last Vitamin C today and starting with the Arnica Montana today per doctors instructions. Tried sleeping on my back the last two nights and it has not been easy. That will be one of the hardest things for me to stay on my back and elevated for 3 weeks. Wish me luck and I will check back in when I can.

Back home and day 3

I am home now and doing well. I am swollen of course and my ears do not feel like my own. I am staying bandaged up per doctors instructions. Not much pain other than behind my ear and that is minimal. I am drinking lots of fluids mostly water. I feel pretty good overall and am walking every couple of hours. Sleeping elevated is a challenge but I will do so for the swelling. My husband says I look great already. Okay going for a walk so I will check in tomorrow. Oh I am having some pancakes this morning for breakfast. And some pineapple juice. Not a bruise on me! Dr. Youn is amazing and send me flowers yesterday. I would highly recommend him.

One week today!

Well it's been one week and already I am soo happy with everything I see... or don't see. The sagging jowels.. the drooping skin. I am a bit swollen and I did end up having a few bruises but nothing that a week or two won't fix. I feel great overall and have not had to take any pain medication. Still drinking lots of lemon water and some prune juice to keep things flowing. One thing the Antiboiotics and pain meds will do is make you constipated. Make sure you are getting lots of fluids and it doesn't hurt to take a stool softener as well. Had my post op yesterday and the doctor says everything is great!! He honestly is the most patient, thoughtful, thorough, artistic doctor I could have asked for. Definitely happy with my results so far. One week down... just getting better and better!

Earache Gone and things Moving along

Today has been 3 weeks!! Yay.... and I want to report that the earache I had was probably due to some dried blood in the ear. I did do a little flush per my PS and it has cleared up. I am still pretty tight in the neck and ear area which I was told is perfectly normal for 3 weeks out. Of course I am impatient as most of us are. I am so looking forward to feeling more like myself but everyday is a little better. Starting to look more and more amazing everyday!
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Youn has been so good at answering any questions I might have or have had. I will let you know more once the procedure is over.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm scheduled for next Day Lift (neck lift, lower face, fat transfer to face and lips) at the end of May. Very nervous about being awake for 3 hours during the surgery. I'm also concerned about pain and down time. I hope you continue to feel better and love your results.
So glad you are happy with the results. My revision neck lift and breast lift with implants is coming up April 1st. I am nesting and getting ready this week.
Good to know it went well. Do you have before and after pics? Thanks.
I will post some when I get a chance... still a bit swollen and a little bruised. But overall soo HAPPY!
Yes, I can't figure out how to post them :) I'm only 4 days post surgery. Yes, my doctor told me to ICE so I iced 24/7. no bruising.
I can never figure out why I didn't use ice ---- just stupid! Guess I liked the swelling - Not!
I really enjoy all the stories and comments... it removes the fear of having something like this done! Thanks to everyone who shared their story I had the nerve to do it!!! I have pics posted on my REVIEW.
You are blessed not to have bruising. I was a mess....but now I know why...then I didn't. Good for you!
Sending you healing wishes!
I'm so glad you found us and started your story here! I'll be thinking of you later this week. What will your mini lift entail?
Mine will be the lower face lift and neck lift. Just starting to get the saggy jowls and neck sagging. I am in great shape overall and just need to be cleaned up a little.. lol
Good luck. you'll be fine!
Good luck! I'm much happier than in the beginning, but I had more health issues than I even knew. Keep us posted on this journey!
Thanks! I am excited and scared all at the same time. I just want it to be over at this point. I am looking forward to having a nice smooth neck again. I am way to young for that saggy neck and lower face. Hoping for a quick easy recovery! I will keep you posted.