nightmare of my life! - Troy, MI

Had the 7-10 day recovery life style lift 1 month...

had the 7-10 day recovery life style lift 1 month ago. worst pain i ever felt. developed death threatening infection and was hospitalized for 2 weeks ... sure grateful i took the advice of a friend and sought treatment after 2 weeks and was told it wasn't looking any better, but worse. if you want a death sentence try it. you couldn't pay me enough $$$ to go through this again. had 2nd surgery in hospital; might need to consult another doc. to correct major errors from this so called "life style lift".

Negligence from the very beginning ... worst pain...

Negligence from the very beginning ... worst pain I ever felt. First post op visit revealed infection, although nurse and doc. denied. Why was I put on different antibiotic? 2nd post op visit visit totally negligent ... infection fully blown and after short debridement, doc. said "okay I'll see you in a couple of weeks." 2 days later I was hospitalized for 13 days and still recovering on strong antibiotics and follow-up visits to several docs.

negligent post operative care ... i could have died from this infection.

I'm sorry that you experienced this, I truly am- but statistics show that post-op infection is in large part die to the patients negligence of taking their antibiotics, not cleansing the area properly, or possibly consuming things that cancel the effects of your antibiotics. Unfortunately there are many variables, however- gaining an infection after surgery and blaming the Dr., is much like contracting the flue after a flight and blaming the pilot. Otherwise, I think the lift itself, in regards to the tightening/contouring of the neck, jawline and lower face looks great. I wish you the very best, and will send well-wishes your way. -J
If I would have listened to them I would of had an infection. In the after care papers they gave me said I could use make up in 3 to 4 days. I didn't listen to them. So don't put all the blame on patents.
J.J. I don't think its ever the patients fault they get a post op infection...there is way too much going on in any operating room for it to be the patients 'fault" sheesh......
1. I never used the word "fault", so quotations were uncalled for, and 2. Startup makeup is fine to use after surgery. Assuming you sterilize your brushes and sponges. I wasn't placing all of the blame on any 1 patient, but it is unfair to place all the blame on the Dr. As well.. My opinion and point has been made, but again- sorry for your negative experiences.
At LSL what operating room?
Do you see my face with blood all over it. Would you put make up on your face if your skin looks like this?????
Save your physical, mental and emotional health and run!
I am the person in the above pics. Run as fast as you can and save yourself from going through "LIVING HELL."
MoTown..... I hope you continue to fight against the people who did this to you.... you were lucky you lived and I am sorry
I am very lucky (or blessed) should I say that I did live through this. If gone untreated much longer I could have died. I'm so sorry for what happened to you too. I only hope others will view these postings and take HEED! Take care.
I'm not quite finished yet!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

BY HER I MEAN "DEBBIE BOONE"
Hey ladies,

Please keep our community guidelines in mind when posting your comments. Thank you.
Why does my posting not follow your guidelines? All I want to do is make others aware of what could happen to them if they proceeded with the Lifestyle Lift. If I could help just one person to not get this procedure done I would be most grateful.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Motown, We support eveyone's right to express their opinion, but it must be done in a respectful way without the use of some of the words I pointed out to you in my PM.
WHY NOT?
i am beginning to wonder
My initial name was "Detroit1419" Why did it change?
Please let me know the words you posted in your "PM."

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I wonder if she saw the pics. of many, many people that had horrific experiences if she would still be their spokesperson?
Hi Martuska: Seems as though you had a horrific experience with LSL. I did also. If you can view my pics. on this site they are listed under "Nightmare of My Life - Troy, MI" Yes the photos are pathetic and I went through quite an ordeal. I wish you good health and good luck in your healing. Motown 71