nightmare of my life! - Troy, MI

Had the 7-10 day recovery life style lift 1 month...

had the 7-10 day recovery life style lift 1 month ago. worst pain i ever felt. developed death threatening infection and was hospitalized for 2 weeks ... sure grateful i took the advice of a friend and sought treatment after 2 weeks and was told it wasn't looking any better, but worse. if you want a death sentence try it. you couldn't pay me enough $$$ to go through this again. had 2nd surgery in hospital; might need to consult another doc. to correct major errors from this so called "life style lift".

Negligence from the very beginning ... worst pain...

Negligence from the very beginning ... worst pain I ever felt. First post op visit revealed infection, although nurse and doc. denied. Why was I put on different antibiotic? 2nd post op visit visit totally negligent ... infection fully blown and after short debridement, doc. said "okay I'll see you in a couple of weeks." 2 days later I was hospitalized for 13 days and still recovering on strong antibiotics and follow-up visits to several docs.

negligent post operative care ... i could have died from this infection.

Save your physical, mental and emotional health and run!
I am the person in the above pics. Run as fast as you can and save yourself from going through "LIVING HELL."
MoTown..... I hope you continue to fight against the people who did this to you.... you were lucky you lived and I am sorry
I am very lucky (or blessed) should I say that I did live through this. If gone untreated much longer I could have died. I'm so sorry for what happened to you too. I only hope others will view these postings and take HEED! Take care.
I'm not quite finished yet!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

BY HER I MEAN "DEBBIE BOONE"
Hey ladies,

Please keep our community guidelines in mind when posting your comments. Thank you.
Why does my posting not follow your guidelines? All I want to do is make others aware of what could happen to them if they proceeded with the Lifestyle Lift. If I could help just one person to not get this procedure done I would be most grateful.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Motown, We support eveyone's right to express their opinion, but it must be done in a respectful way without the use of some of the words I pointed out to you in my PM.
WHY NOT?
i am beginning to wonder
My initial name was "Detroit1419" Why did it change?
Please let me know the words you posted in your "PM."

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I wonder if she saw the pics. of many, many people that had horrific experiences if she would still be their spokesperson?
Hi Martuska: Seems as though you had a horrific experience with LSL. I did also. If you can view my pics. on this site they are listed under "Nightmare of My Life - Troy, MI" Yes the photos are pathetic and I went through quite an ordeal. I wish you good health and good luck in your healing. Motown 71
I had a horrible experience with my life style lift . I went in on a freezing cold day , 1-22-14 to the Downers Grove Illinois office believing that this would be a life changing experience , and it was and still is, but not in a good way. I arrived at the Center at 12:45 pm and my appointment was at 1pm . The doctor was 5 hours late and there were 2 patients before me . This should've been my wake up call but it was so brutally cold at the time I considered myself lucky to make the long trip there . The doctor arrived about 5:00 and was not in a good mood at all . He looked tired and agitated . After the 2 patients before we're done it was already almost 7pm the assistant took me to the back and started giving me the 25 mg of Valium in several increments . Well that took about 1/2 hour to relax me but that's all it did was relax me somewhat . Once she took to the room I was placed in a recliner and then the doctor came in and injected my face and neck with about 20+ needles . The pain was so excruciating I didn't know how long I can on ? And then he began the cutting . I smelled a hot knife as it fried the deeper layers of my skin around my ears . It was painful and horrifying . The doctor had his hands / forearms on my chest and I felt like I was suffocating . I had to ask him to come up for air and at that point I felt like I was having an anxiety attack . He let me take a deep breath and proceeded . This is not a procedure , this is a very painful surgery and it is very invasive . The pain I went through is something I can't describe in words , only that it was excruciating and extremely uncomfortable . After doctor was done he got up and walked away only to tell the assistant " I'm out of here"!!!! I couldn't breathe because he tied the sutures under my chin and neck so tight that I couldn't take a deep breath. The surgery was rushed because this doctor came over 5 hours late and because he didn't take the time to do the surgery properly, he ruined my eyes and face . My eyes hurt very much to this day and they swell up a lot . My face looks like it was sewn on . It doesn't look natural at all . The sutures were also done sloppy and as a result I now have keloids . I called the corporate office and they told me that this doctor Robert S. Kagan would no longer be my doctor and that I would be assigned to someone else . I know I will need someone to fix all the mistakes this doctor did . I learned a very painful lesson from this , which is to never ever settle for less when it comes to your face . To anyone reading this post , please do not go to any life style lift Center . Go to a good plastic surgeon who will operate in a hospital setting and give you a pain free experience with either general or a mac anaesthesia . You don't have to suffer like I and so many countless others have .
Hi Martuska, I am so sorry that you had such a terrible experience. Don't feel alone. There are many of us that have been through the same sort of experiences and I do feel for you. I wish I could do something to help you with the pain that you are suffering through. In my case it was not only the physical pain, but the mental pain and the feeling of being left out in the cold to fend for myself. I never did receive any kind of "HELP" from LSL what-so-ever. I do hope that they will take the time to help you. Please take the time to do a review so other women can see your posts. I wish you the best of luck. Chrystal.
Like Sandy below said a Realself review. It helps when women can see the results instead of reading through treads to find results.
I can't believe this is still going on
I am horrified that this mal-practice is still going on!!
Yes...the reality is that the horror continues to go on . I read a story about a woman in Massachusetts who died during a procedure a few years ago because she had a reaction to the high dose of Valium . They use Valium as an anesthetiser but its a benzodiazepine so the only thing it really does is