Don't Waste Your Money - Towson, MD

I had a tip rhinoplasty done over 6 months ago by...

I had a tip rhinoplasty done over 6 months ago by a very highly regarded local surgeon. The results are imperceptible and in many ways my profile looks worse. And what they don't tell you, or what I willingly overlooked in my zeal to feel better about myself, is that your breathing will likely be restricted. I snore now and exercising is very challenging since my nose constantly feels congested. In my opinion, it's not worth the money or discomfort. If you really look at the pics these docs post, the results are barely noticeable. And these are the best case scenarios. I would sincerely reconsider getting this done. If you think there will be a significant change in your appearance, I think you will be disappointed.

I don't blame you for feeling discouraged about such a subtle result. And not being able to breath is, of course, no good. Have you spoken to your doctor about getting a revision?

We'd love to see your photos. Perhaps we would be able to see more of a difference than you do.

I'm very sorry about your breathing.  Sometimes insurance will cover to restore breathing.  I have the same problem.  My nose sometimes whistles and breathing through my nose is very difficult.  I hate to go through another surgeon but do look forward to being able to breath freely again. It seems (to me) that restricted breathing causes other issues as well. I hope it gets better over time for you.  Thank you for sharing with us....good luck.
Dr. Basner

I have no qualms with the Dr. He has good bedside manner and frankly, I had already sold myself on the procedure out of desperation to feel better about myself. Unfortunately, this was not the answer.