2 weeks post-op - Towson, MD

I've never been a fan of "fake boobs". I have...

I've never been a fan of "fake boobs". I have always been a small 34A while having larger hips (pants size 6/8). Recently something (not sure what exactly) changed my thoughts on BA. I hate not being able to fit into dresses properly due to my uneven proportions, I hate wearing bras that are all padding, and I just want to feel better about my body.

My original goal was a B/C cup but now I'm thinking more like C/D cup. I had my consult a week ago after much research. I tried on the sizers, highest I tried was 350cc, decided that looked good. I'll be getting Mentor silicone HP under the muscle. When discussing when they had openings, they had an availability for 10/23 - only a week away!!! I am a very impulsive person so I decided to go for it. Because of the close date of surgery, they did my pre-op visit at the same time. I was given a package of supplements for before, during, and after. I was also given a silicone based scar cream for after. I was given prescriptions for Ativan (anti-anxiety) for the night before surgery, keflex antibiotic, phenergan for nausea, scopolamine patches for nausea also, and Vicodin for pain.

So far I have told friends/close coworkers and my younger sister who will be taking care of me for the first 24 hours. I haven't told my mother yet because she is a negative person and I don't want to deal with that just yet. I'm sure she has already found out though from multiple sources! Oh well!

After more research and looking at before/afters online of women with similar stats (5'7" 135 lbs, semi-broad shouldered, 34A), I'm thinking I want to go with 400cc. My friend who had her BA with the same Dr said her stats were almost identical to mine pre-op and she got 425cc.

I will post my before pics soon!

I just emailed my coordinator and let her know...

I just emailed my coordinator and let her know about wanting to increase the cc's and sent a bunch of before/after pics with similar before stats. I'm now thinking 400-450cc because I really want to balance out my hips and I don't want to regret not going a little bigger. So we shall see what she has to say! I can't believe that I only have like 37 hours til surgery!!!!!!

Well I am less than 24 hours post-op. ...

Well I am less than 24 hours post-op. Owwwwwwwwie! My chest is tight, swollen, and painful. I ended up going with 425cc under the muscle. Right now they are riding very high. I have complete sensation in my right nipple but not my left so hopefully that will change soon. I'm posting a crappy "after" pic in my surgical bra. Too much pain right now to take more pics than that! Haha

Well yesterday afternoon/evening was horrible. I...

Well yesterday afternoon/evening was horrible. I didn't eat much and was taking my meds and supplements...then the vomiting started. Three different times. Sooooooo much pain. After some crackers a few hours later, I was okay.

I woke up this morning still stiff, swollen, and in pain. I've been trying to just take Tylenol instead of the narcotic pain meds because they just make me sleep. I haven't been doing too well in remembering to ice. :(

I'm hoping I can drive by tomorrow morning because I have a certification renewal course for work at 8am tomorrow that can't be rescheduled. But thankfully I don't go back to work for another week - I'm a nurse so it will be challenging to not lift people. A bunch of coworkers know about my surgery so they should be willing to help.

Well I'm thinking its time for a nap. I'll update more later. Thanks to you all for the support!

I'm finally starting to feel human again! The...

I'm finally starting to feel human again! The nausea and vomiting from the past 2 days have stopped, the pain has decreased, and I can move around better. I drove for the first time since surgery yesterday and it was awkward but okay. I've been taking Tylenol during the day and the Vicodin at bedtime and another dose when I wake up at like 4am from the meds wearing off. I can't wait to be able to take Motrin on Monday because Tylenol barely helps. I still have a lot of swelling, as well as abdominal bloating.

I have my first follow-up appointment on Monday which is right when Hurricane Sandy is supposed to hit here. I'm not looking forward to driving through that if the office is open - they are 45 minutes away from me. Another bummer: it is gorgeous outside and my new motorcycle is sitting outside and I can't ride it. :(

What has everyone done to prevent stretch marks on their new boobies? I have some Vitamin E oil I was thinking about using. I also have Palmers Cocoa Butter massage cream I was gonna start using when they show me the massage techniques. My skin is just so shiny and tight right now and I really don't want stretch marks!

I'll try and update with pics later.

So I've had some bruising to my left breast area...

So I've had some bruising to my left breast area that appeared a couple of days post op. The bruising seems to have gotten a little worse. My left breast also is slightly more swollen than the right. I have my 1st follow-up tomorrow afternoon but I don't know how that is going to play out with this hurricane. I'm attaching some pics I just took.

I feel bad for not updating sooner, things have...

I feel bad for not updating sooner, things have just been crazy busy! Between the hurricane, going back to work after a week, and starting 2 8-week online courses all at the same time was overwhelming. I still don't feel back to my normal self mentally - a little lazy and unfocused.

I've had 2 follow-up appointments and my next one is in about 3 weeks. At the first appointment post-op, I was told to stop wearing any type of bra and was given the strap to wear cuz they're riding high, which they said is normal since I'm young and my muscles are tight. I have to wear the strap pretty much 24/7. It makes it pretty difficult to find clothes to cover it that aren't ugly, but at least for work, my scrub tops cover it. At my second appointment 2 days ago, my sutures were removed and I was given the okay to start using the silicone scar cream I got from them. They are still riding high, more so the left one, but they are slowly improving. I don't have much pain now and just take ibuprofen as needed. I have 2 types of massages to do - one pushes them together from the outside and the other is pushing them up from the bottom.

I went back to work on Halloween and that first day was rough. I felt like my chest was larger than my body at the end of my 12-hour shift! Everyone was supportive and helped me out. I had 1 day off before 4 12's in a row over the weekend - that was rough but tons better than the first day back. I just need to remember to not do so much lifting! Between helping patients and trips to Target, I have definitely been lifting more than I should!

I will post some updated pics later when I finish my school assignments.
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

A friend went to him for breast implants and had great results. He has a great reputation.

Hopefully! You get this comment & U still receive notifications since your BA was in 2012! Lol but how do u feel now? Ur results are amazing
Hey Errn! They look GREAT for 5 days post op!! I am currently a 34b and I am trying to go for a small/full D (around 300cc's) do you know what bra size you have reached yet?
No I'm still waiting for them to drop, but goal was for a full C/small D.
bio oil is good for stretch marks, I used it while pregnant and am using it now pre op. Good luck, hope Sandy isn't too bad, be safe and NO lifting/turning/pulling patients! I'm a nurse too, know that's a challenge sometimes for us to use proper/good body mechanics all the time. Looking good too!
Thanks! Yeah I told a bunch of coworkers about my BA beforehand (and figured the rumor mill would take care of the rest) so that they would be prepared to help me when needed.
Glad you are feeling better. I'm in Northern Va and have a consult Monday afternoon...definitely gonna suck driving in the mess. Be careful and rest up...you'll be able to ride soon enough.
How are you feeling today?
Im just reading this...I'm assuming your renewal course was this morning? I hope you were ok. I tried driving at day 5....a little painful until I got the hang of it & remembered to have "t-Rex arms".... Hope you are doing better today!
I woke up sick to my stomach at 4am today so I had to cancel on my class. Feeling a little better now - just doing a lot of sleeping.
Hello errn, Sorry to hear you're in pain, hopefully the meds can help. It's important to have a good support system(hubby,family member,etc) to help you for the first couple of weeks.  Look forward to seeing more post op piks soon, I'm sure you will look beautiful after they settle!!:-)
Unfortunately I don't have much of a support system during my recovery. I had my sister stay with me overnight (reluctantly on her part) and have been alone since. I'm single, so no significant other to take care of me. A friend is watching my little dog for a few days so that I can rest. I have people to call if I really need something but I'm stubborn so I don't! Lol
Oh my I hope your feeling okay. Gee, I needed alot of help moving around and just trying to get up from bed was a killer. I hope your doing well by yourself. I hope your recovery will painless and quick.
Looking pretty good for 6 hours post-op. I hope the pain eases up for you.
You look great for only 2!! The pain will definitely ease over the next 2-3 days!
Tomorrow you'll feel better. The day after surgery is always the toughest.
Glad everything went good. Sorry, your not feeling to good. Get better fast!
So excited for you! I'm a 34A as well & will be getting BA in January. Can't wait to see you post op.
Dr. Cohen is great! He did my BA four months ago.
Good luck to you! I agree with going alittle bigger than what you think you want.
Good luck to you! Can't wait to see your update and pics.
Good luck on October 23rd. I'm going in October 22nd. and Cannot wait. It's been a long 3 month wait. I hope everything works out for you and I'll be thinking about you after my surgery. I hope to have before and after pic's up right after. Good luck!
I'm home without pain, just tightness in the upper pole area and movement of arms. But other then that I'm feeling great. I will keep up my postings to all. Everyone was fantastic in the surgery room, Dr. was awesome! I ended up going 550cc under Ultra high After surgery I was in recovery for about an hour, I had some discomfort. I was given a pill that helps with Nausia. It was great, I had taken one pain pill (Oxycodine 350mg) Its now 3:30 I've been home since 11:30 w/out pain meds. I'm doing great! I'm just watching alot of t.v with my back and head on lots of pills. I found laying with your hands by each side really helps. Keep you posted more later.
Are you using a recliner? Does it help! I don't have one, might have to buy one.
Glad to hear it went well! My nerves have been in high gear today! Hope things continue to go well!
that was sup[pse to read pillows.