Overburdened Sutures & Unnecessary Keloids - Torrance, CA

My breasts grew in very fast when I hit puberty...

My breasts grew in very fast when I hit puberty and as such the skin stretched, leaving my breasts a little on the saggy side and not so round. Long story short (yes this is short) I went to Dr. Petti for a lift; she also recommended putting in subglandular implants to make them more round. I trusted her opinion so I decided to go through with it.

After the surgery, I was left with MASSIVE DD's when I had only wanted a full C cup. The implants were too big for my already stretched, thin skin and the sutures started to RIP OPEN, exposing the tissue underneath. Thankfully I didn't get an infection, but I was left with terrible scarring. Thick, dark keloids. (I never had a history of keloids) Even worse, she acted like it was nothing that she did, that it was somehow my fault! As a side note, I had to come in a lot to have my ripping sutures and skin looked at and re-bandaged. Often times I never even saw Dr. Petti and I was attended to by one of her nurses. One nurse in particular spoke next to no English. She almost never understood what I was saying and I found it very difficult to discern what she was saying to me. It made me feel more like a burden or dirty secret rather than a valued patient.

Because of the hefty price tag, I was unable to afford another surgery to fix my breasts right away; it took a couple of years. Needless to say, my self esteem suffered greatly & I was even ashamed of revealing my breasts to my longtime boyfriend. I cried a lot. I was also concerned about the massive quantities, stacks really, of legal documents I had to sign prior to my surgery with her. I've learned that this amount is not the norm, but unfortunately I now know why she requires them.

I had my breasts "fixed" by another doctor. I know that scarring comes with any type of surgery, but it's clear that my keloids were the result of thin skin pulled too tight coupled with subgladular implants that were too big. I had two different doctors look at my breasts and "papers" after my initial surgery, both individually thought these factors to be the primary causes of my poor results. ***I didn't develop ANY keloids with my revision surgery. They healed beautifully and I feel "whole" again. Obviously, I would never recommend her services to anyone.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

It took years to fix my breasts from this procedure. My sutures shouldn't have ripped. Overstretched skin, overly large subglandular implants. This resulted in massive keloid scarring

Hey. Hey hey hey. Sorry about the bad experience....BUT! Just wanted to tell you im from Torrance too =] Give the beach a hug from me. OOH! And the Del Amo!!!

Good luck with everything =]
Oh my goodness, how awful! I also had to sign a very large number of legal "disclaimers" and the Dr. and his nurse are fairly defensive about the dog ears and ongoing pain that I am having 6 weeks po but my results are very pretty and I am happy with it. I should mention that I am among the few who did not have implants. :-) I hope you enjoy the revised results...poor thing!

I'm very sorry you weren't happier with your results, but I do appreciate you sharing your experience here on RealSelf.