SMAS and LIPO - Toronto, ON

I had lipo for jowls and SMAS lift about 2 months...

I had lipo for jowls and SMAS lift about 2 months ago, I'm in my late 50's. I wanted an improvement in my jawline since it was sagging. I chose what I thought was the least invasive procedure. Unfortunately, I did not recover well, I've had constant issues, hematoma, fairly serious on one side, dimpling of skin in several spots. The hematoma side was aspirated several times, it is still severely scarred and I can feel the hardened hematoma underneath. I have swelling still and tightness/hardening along the ear, where the sutures were. At this point, I regret having this procedure, I cannot even imagine that it will improve, but, it yet may do so. The sad part is that the improvement in the jaw line is completely oovershadowed by the severe scar on one cheek. I never realized what a slow, painful, recovery is involved in a facelift. It is very serious surgery. Don't EVER let any doctor tell you it is 2 weeks downtime. Think carefully before you go ahead with this surgery, investigate your chosen doctor carefully. If you have any doubts about either, do not proceed. Ensure you are in top health.

My doctor has provided frequent after care. However,he is not assuring because it appears to me he isn't confident it will resolve. His suggestions, are massage, heat and cortisone. I have not gone ahead with cortisone because my research shows it can have the opposite effect and cause a depression in the area. It must also be applied very carefully and conservatively. He did not point this out to me, I found out for myself. I suggested ultrasound heat therapy, which may help. Again, he didn't suggest this. I suggested an ultrasound to try and figure out what is going on in the deeper structure of the face. I feel like I am on my own, trying to figure it all out.