Restylane + Perlane by Skillful Doctor - Positive Experience - Toronto, ON

I received 3 cc's of injectable fillers today:...

I received 3 cc's of injectable fillers today: Restylane, Perlane and a third whose name I can't remember (will return with the name once I have it).

About me: I'm 43, and I have big deep circles under my eyes, long tear troughs that extend into my cheeks, and troughs in the pre-jowl sulcus area. I tend to look tired. I was never crazy about the idea of fillers because they're so temporary, ultimately not entirely cost-effective if done frequently, and then there's this unsavoury idea of some chemicals sitting in pockets in my face. I did a lot of research and decided that if I'm going to weigh the possibilities of having fat grafts and/or chin/cheek implants to address this tired look, it would help if I could first see the effect of more volume in certain areas with little risk. (And in the meantime look less tired too.) I decided to try the fillers at least once. (Incidentally I had Ultherapy about a month ago as well; no effect from that procedure yet.)

The injection experience: It was highly positive despite my fear and light-headedness during the injections. I went into the clinic in a pretty terrified state. I had an extraordinarily painful experience with Ultherapy a month ago and I think this left me with a bit of a (hopefully temporary) pain phobia. The doctor was very informative, patient, reassuring and congenial as we talked about the 3 cc's of injections I was about to have in the tear troughs, cheeks and pre-jowl/chin area. I was given ice packs to hold over the target areas. He then numbed the upper cheek area with a small amount of anaesthetic. He was extremely gentle and I hardly felt more than slightest pinches during the injections, but I was nevertheless pretty wigged out (that lingering Ulthera terror!) and I started to feel very woozy. I mentioned I thought I was about to faint. The doctor and his assistant were incredibly supportive and reassuring as they allowed me to take a break before wrapping up with the last of the filler material. They gave me some juice, let me lie down for as long as I wanted, and checked in with me frequently. Again, I hardly felt the faintest little pin-pricks; it was either my pain anxiety, the strange idea of liquids under my skin, or the fact I skipped lunch that caused me to get light-headed.

The result so far: I'm happy with the results. Even though it was only 3 cc's, I do look much less tired. The doctor did a lovely job--no bumps so far, and the spots he injected are perfectly chosen. I have a couple of tiny bruises (about size of a letter O on this screen) in the upper cheek, as I was told might happen. There is no swelling. I would do this again, although now that I see the fillers help a lot, I may instead have fat transfers and/or chin implant with this doctor for more long-term stable improvements, especially since I can't realistically afford to do this every six months forever.

Overall, a positive experience for me.
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

I feel good about having this done, and am extremely confident in the doctor's (and his staff's) skill and professionalism. His down-to-Earth, sincere manner is just lovely. I can't commend this team highly enough. I'm glad I went with this doctor and intend to use this positive experience to help make decisions about next steps for my volume loss with the same clinic.

That is great that they took such good care of you when you were feeling faint. I'm really glad to hear you like the way your injectables turned out as well. If you could only pick one of the areas to have the fillers done in, which one do you feel made the biggest difference in your looks?