Dr. Dupere is Highly Skilled! - Toronto, ON

I needed a chest wall reconstruction after a...

I needed a chest wall reconstruction after a botched chest surgery. I wasn't sure if I could go through with it because my first experience was so awful.
I knew that it would be a huge challenge and that I would need a very skilled surgeon to do this work for me, but I couldn't fit clothes that I wanted to wear and my chest really was awful looking after my first surgery.
I decided to travel from Winnipeg to Toronto to have this procedure done, with Dr. Dupere. I had a Skype consultation with him beforehand, and he was confident that he could help me. I felt confident as well.
So glad you shared your story with us! Sorry that you had a bad experience the first time around. It's great you were able to connect with a doctor who was able to help you and give you your confidence back! Do you have any photos you are willing to share with us?
I have a preliminary before and after but am still waiting for my grafts to match colour.. I'm only 3 1/2 weeks post-op. but yes! I will post my one week post-op before and after
Great, thank you so much - look forward to your photo update. How are you feeling?

1 Week Post-Op Before and After

This was my chest 1 week after surgery. Before was a horror show!
Hey there :) just checking in to see how you are feeling, are you still having the pain near your armpit?
My armpit feels a lot better. I just feel like my chest is filled with Novocaine! I am still uncomfortable walking for long periods and that same armpit is numb when I put on deodorant. I think my body is just doing its best to heal. It went through a lot in the past seven or eight months.
Hey, how's things going?
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

I had a chest wall reconstruction with Dr. Dupere after a traumatic botched double mastectomy (I am a female to male transgendered person). From the beginning of my contact with Dr. Dupere and his staff, especially Joyce, who is incredible, I felt comfortable. Even though I was ashamed and felt horrible about how I looked, there was no hint of rudeness or judgment about my body. I honestly thought I was beyond repair but when I got to Toronto and entered Dr. Dupere's office for the first time, I started to feel genuinely hopeful. Never once did Joyce or Dr. Dupere make me feel like I was a lost cause. He was, however, honest with me about expectations, which I appreciated. I never once felt rushed or like I was an inconvenience. My results, even at this stage of the healing process, make me feel like a million bucks. Dr. Dupere has a gentle hand and after such a traumatic first surgery it was healing to have someone treat my body so well. All I can say is that I am forever grateful to Dr. Dupere for fixing my chest and for showing me that being a surgeon doesn't make you callous and rude. My faith in humanity has been restored! When I had my final appointment with Dr. Dupere, he assured me that though I wouldn't be in Toronto any longer, he would continue to be available to me to answer questions or speak to doctors (because I'm not fully healed yet). Dr. Dupere is trans-friendly, a skilled surgeon, and a person who takes his time to make his patients feel worthwhile and cared for. I could not have asked for anything better. I'm wearing shirts I could have never worn before! I feel great. Not only does my chest look better than I ever thought it would, but I feel like I had a real experience with a real doctor who valued me.