Not Happy with Results - Toronto, ON

I underwent breast reduction with lipo and a tummy...

I underwent breast reduction with lipo and a tummy tuck October 2012. I did this due to chronic pain and weight loss. I felt that I needed to post my experience as I researched this Dr extensively prior to my consultation and well waiting for my surgery. I was unable to locate any negative information, he is marketed extremely well. I met with Dr Judenburg in Feb 2012 regarding a breast reduction. He looked at them and insured me that he would be able to use his less envasive breast surgery and that he would make them beautiful. I had him apply for Ohip and well I was waiting to be accepted I came back and spoke to him about a tummy tuck. I met with Dr Judenburg 3 or 4 times before the surgery and sent many emails regarding my questions. The surgery was booked for October 2012 at Humber View Hospital as the breast reduction was covered by Ohip. I felt very confident in his skills at this point. As it came closer to the day of surgery things started to change. I had many issues from the wrong time (found out the night before the surgery from the hospital) and also that Dr Judenburg was going to New York for the weekend and would not be seeing me in my hotel room the day after. This meant I had to make an extra trip to Humber Hospital (1.5 hrs from where I live) When I arrived 4 days post op for my appointment at the Humber I was shocked to see a line up about 15 people to register for the clinic. I had to stand in line 4 days after my surgery, not an easy thing to do. I did this 3 times before I was able to go back to his clinic at Royal York (I chose this due to the accessibility to the Union Station).Prior to the surgery he said that the breasts wouldn’t be pretty at first but as they heal it will look amazing. But as time went by it was quite noticeable that there were issues with my breasts. There was a large indent where too much tissue had been taken out and it was very deformed under the left breast. When I spoke to him about my concerns and he became very defensive and envasive, he assured me that he could fix it with a nip and tuck. He said come in to the office (Royal York clinic) it will take about 45 minutes under local anesthetic. I returned home that day not feeling confident at all that that’s all it would take. I sent him along email and photos regarding my concerns, and he asked me to come back in. I went back in to see him and he stated the same thing but now insisted I had to go to Humber Hospital to have it fixed. The date was booked then a few days prior I received a call from him office stating that it was very busy at the Humber View clinic that I should come to the Royal York clinic instead. He was very envasive the day I went, he made me feel like I was asking for too much, and that I should be happy that I had a reduction for medical purposes. I underwent a very painful revision surgery under local anesthetic. Yes that means lots of needles in some very sensitive places. I knew right away that it hadn’t fixed the problem. This time I sent him pictures and my expectations prior to my second revision surgery and expressed my concerns regarding his skills. This revision was done again at his Royal York clinic. He seemed more prepared this time but again was quite invasive. Needless to say even this surgery didn’t fix the problem. I’m now about 5 months post 2nd revision, the left breast is larger than the right and the areola is much larger on the left. I still have deformity under breast as well as significant pain. When I expressed my concerns regarding the pain when I wore a bra, he said put some cotton under the breast. So I live with a deformed breast that causes me daily pain. I’m not happy at all with my breasts appearance, but trying to learn to life with them. I couldn’t forgo any more painful revisions and I didn’t feel confident in his surgical skills anymore. If I can’t learn live with them or the pain becomes too much I will see another Dr to repair it. I have since found he has 3 profiles on rate MD’s some of the comments left on these are similar to mine. So check them all before you see this Dr. The office staff was friendly and the office is beautiful, but if you have any issues after your surgery be prepared for a different experience.I should have seen a few more Dr’s before I made my decision, but I couldn’t find anything negative about him at that time. He came across as confident, perfectionist, just what you want in a surgeon. He was aware that he was the only one I had seen and he never encouraged me to see another Dr. I paid full price never asking for deal since it was at a hospital. I felt that I wanted the best not a deal. There were many more issues I could list but this review is long enough. I hope this helps other people in their decision. Had I have read this I would have chosen another surgeon.

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Wondering why this review doesn't appear if you sort by "reviews - lowest first"? I like to read all sides of a surgeon and this review is hidden unless you scroll through to it.
This breaks my heart. I think I should have shopped around also, not that my experience was anywhere near as tramatic as yours. I went in to have a mole removed from my face and mentioned that one breast was larger than the other and he asked me after looking at them if I would consider going smaller. I said sure no problem. He took pics and sent in a request to the insurance company and they denied me. I called the office and they told me to resubmitt the request. I asked them why they couldn't do it and they said they didn't follow up that was up to me, so I never did and just chalked it up. About two months later I called to make the appointment to have my mole removed finally. Had to go in to have him look at it and of course get an ok from insurance before my appointment. While I was in there he asked me if I followed up on my breast reduction and I told him no, he went out and told his staff to resubmit to my insurance. I was really surprized, he said they slwsys den
Sorry posted before I finished. Anyway I hated my results too I have stretch marks on the top and front of my breast now that must have been on my sides before and have not been able to express any concern to my PS because he has a PA to do all of the following up for him. I slso think he made me way too small.
Who was your surgeon, Giddy? I hope you find support in the community.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us in the community.  I hope you are able to find resolution with all of the issues.