From Old Hanging Skin to Young Looking and Sexy - Toronto, ON

As a lap band patient at the clinic previously I...

As a lap band patient at the clinic previously I lost quite a large amount of weight but was feeling like an old lady at 42 with a hanging flabby stomach and was constantly hiding. Almost 5 weeks now since surgery and still swollen but incisions are clean and still a bit sore but am glad I did it! I now want to get my ass and legs in shape..Its given me hope.

Pros - restores confidence, feel less like a whale, feel like I can wear a bikini again. lol...Cons. - sore for a while, scaring (but no one can see it and it will fade with the silicon strips), process doesnt happen over night despite operation. It takes time to heal. I knew what I was up against since I researched tummy tucks on the net for a few years. I liked the drainless approach the best so spoke with my husband who also pushed a bit and we agreed it was best. He was tired of seeing me always hide my stomach and it affects more than just your social life, but your personal life too when you are not comfortable within your own skin. I tended to most of the time try to hide my lower body in pictures that were taken out of embarassment. You could take a picture of my face and chest but not lower without me, later picking it apart and feeling rotten.

So in reality...low self esteem is the truth. I realize this surgery doesn't fix it, but helps to make me want to get myself in better shape and gives it a kickstart. At least now, I won't have people coming up to me and saying the usual "Such a pretty face" too bad you can't lose the weight!" You hear it enough and it does hurt and affect you in ways you can't imagine. When I first walked into the clinic, I felt elated since I wasn't being judged but understood!

Hi! Your result look great last year! Have you experienced any physical changes in your tt results since then? Like you, my confidence is very high now at 6 months PO, but I wonder how long that lasts lol! Also, I am curious if the tummy changes over time.
congratulations on your weight loss and you look great! I'm having a drainless TT later this month
Thanks Rcnfnm. You wont regret having the drainless TT. Just one thing..Dont expect the swelling to go down right away..I was nervous the first 4 weeks and then realized it could take a few months. For example, I didn't wear the support garment yesterday and I am more swollen than I have been today...Lesson learnt...although was told I didnt need to wear it anymorw this week..I will wear it when I am being more active and slowly not wear it after..Day by day. I plan on joining the gym in May and go swimming to get myself in better shape.. Also the first few days when you are home after the operation make sure someone helps you out of bed so that you don't pull on your incision too much. It will hurt to try to roll on your side to get up since the incision as you can see is from hip to hip. The most important item is to clean clean clean your incision and belly button at least 4 times a day..You dont want scabbing but I am sure your doctor will give you instructions. Good Luck!
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Since I had the lap band done at the Surgical Weight Loss Clinic/Plastic Surgery Clinic I trusted where I was going. The lap band procedure saved my life and I lost a lot of weight (with 40lbs more to go but approx 100 lbs from it) and this is because the surgical weight loss staff has been supportive of me from the start until present! The staff are amazing and so are all the doctors in both the areas of the clinic. When I first met Dr. Lista, I looked into his eyes and knew he cared and would treat me well and I was right! I will also once again state clearly, he has the most amazing staff of doctors, nurses, coordinators etc...Its like you are dealing with a family and not a number...You are treated like GOLD!