WOW-!!!!!!

Hi RealSelf, I have been visiting this website for...

Hi RealSelf, I have been visiting this website for about 6 months now and really appreciate reading people's personal experiences. SO like everyone else I too have disliked my nose from back in grade 7. I never thought I had a big nose until someone called me a big nose freak and consequently gave me a complex. I have my father's German snozz, it is wide and droops when I smile and is very bulbous. When I ask friends about my nose they always say 'you have a strong nose'. I met with Dr. Rival a couple of weeks ago, he too said I have a fairly strong masculine nose. He plans on narrowing my whole nose, refining the tip and elevating it ever so slightly. I'm not nervous now, but I know I will be when surgery comes round. I will be booking my surgery tomorrow, hopefully for as soon as Oct.

Well my quote was 6,000 - but with gst / hst and whatever the total was 6,700.
Thanks for sharing your quote- I am just beginning my search for the right surgeon in the GTA, and found out Dr Rival is booking into October for consultations, and probably not until next year for the actual surgery date- I was hoping it would be sooner...Same goes for Dr.Solomon...Have you heard of Dr. Jamil Asaria from FACE cosmetic surgery clinic ?or Dr. Hacker from toronto rhinoplasty clinic?
Thanks for sharing your experience up to now, and I wish you the best with your surgery :)
Do you mind telling me how much Dr Rival is charging for your rhinoplasty?

Hello everyone - it's been 11 days since surgery....

Hello everyone - it's been 11 days since surgery. All I can say is wow. It's funny , from all the experiences I read - a lot of the recovery time and what not are the same. So I really felt like I knew what I was expecting, but I guess one could ever truly be ready for having the middle of there face sliced, chiseled , and sewed back up, until they've gone through it. So once again, wow. I too am impatient about the swelling, I kindda feel like i have a garden nome nose, lol. Anyway I'm super happy with the results so far, and I'm happy I can move on with my life and get over my big nose already.
Hi, I wonder what you look like now? Are you happy with your results?

Hey everyone ~ so comin up on March 15 I will be 5...

Hey everyone ~ so comin up on March 15 I will be 5 months post op. Things are going well, still healing. My tip is still very swollen, so patients is still the key. Hope everyone is doing well with there healing. I will post more pics at my 6 month anniversary!
wow!! big improvement. im 1 week post op with dr rival too. very swollen but so happy so far! :)
You look great! Do you have any recent pics? I did my consult with Dr. Rival on April 26th and surgery scheduled for July 17th. Can't wait! Do you have tips, or do's and don't etc, I would greatly appreciate it :)
Thank you everyone for the nice comments!

1 year and countin'

Since my last update my nose has continued to change , and still does. I wake up most mornings with swelling , and depending on the day it either goes down, stays, or gets worse. One thing I am investigating in co-ordinance with the swelling is that if it could also do with sinus problems. I've uploaded some pics. Hope you all are well
Beautiful!!
Your nose looks so great. I am on here reading and looking at pics all the time (mine is scheduled Monday) and I have to say, I was surprised at the change for you! It looks so natural and you look so happy in your pics! Congrats! :)
You look great! Looks really natural and you look so happy!
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Have been researching three doctors in the Toronto area and I really like his before and after pics. Dr. Rival is a professional, and I highly recommend him to anyone.