Hi RealSelf, I have been visiting this website for...

Hi RealSelf, I have been visiting this website for about 6 months now and really appreciate reading people's personal experiences. SO like everyone else I too have disliked my nose from back in grade 7. I never thought I had a big nose until someone called me a big nose freak and consequently gave me a complex. I have my father's German snozz, it is wide and droops when I smile and is very bulbous. When I ask friends about my nose they always say 'you have a strong nose'. I met with Dr. Rival a couple of weeks ago, he too said I have a fairly strong masculine nose. He plans on narrowing my whole nose, refining the tip and elevating it ever so slightly. I'm not nervous now, but I know I will be when surgery comes round. I will be booking my surgery tomorrow, hopefully for as soon as Oct.

Hello everyone - it's been 11 days since surgery....

Hello everyone - it's been 11 days since surgery. All I can say is wow. It's funny , from all the experiences I read - a lot of the recovery time and what not are the same. So I really felt like I knew what I was expecting, but I guess one could ever truly be ready for having the middle of there face sliced, chiseled , and sewed back up, until they've gone through it. So once again, wow. I too am impatient about the swelling, I kindda feel like i have a garden nome nose, lol. Anyway I'm super happy with the results so far, and I'm happy I can move on with my life and get over my big nose already.

Hey everyone ~ so comin up on March 15 I will be 5...

Hey everyone ~ so comin up on March 15 I will be 5 months post op. Things are going well, still healing. My tip is still very swollen, so patients is still the key. Hope everyone is doing well with there healing. I will post more pics at my 6 month anniversary!

1 year and countin'

Since my last update my nose has continued to change , and still does. I wake up most mornings with swelling , and depending on the day it either goes down, stays, or gets worse. One thing I am investigating in co-ordinance with the swelling is that if it could also do with sinus problems. I've uploaded some pics. Hope you all are well

2 Years and 3 months

Happy New year. Just thought I would post some pics. My nose is still healing , I don't expect to see my final result for another few years. My nose continuously fluctuates daily , weekly. Depending on what I eat , how I feel internally , if I'm getting my period. the healing process really is unique to each individual, some heal faster than others. Hope everyone's healing up well.

Hi everyone. I am a couple months shy of my 3 year post rhino and this is what I would like to share. My nose still gets swollen and is still healing, I don't think the results are in. My nose is super sensitive to my emotional state and what I eat. For example I never eat spicy Mr noodles anymore, but I did the other day and not only did my nose swell but my whole body was retaining water. I hope everyone is well and healing up good.!
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Have been researching three doctors in the Toronto area and I really like his before and after pics. Dr. Rival is a professional, and I highly recommend him to anyone.