Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty - Toronto, ON

I would very much like to share my experience of...

I would very much like to share my experience of having a rhinoplasty.
I am in my early 30’s and I have been dreaming of having a nose job ever since I was 16. Boys always teased me because of my nose and as a result my self esteem was very low. Finally, it happened! I started researching for specialists in rhinoplasty about 6 months before I found the right one. If you've done any research on this, you’d already know that it is not an easy task, considering that there are so many out there. What makes it more complicated is that most of the doctors do not specialize in one area; they perform many types of surgeries starting with face lift, breast augmentation, finishing with liposuction, etc. and some rhinoplasty in between.

One thing is important – you have to be realistic. You can’t expect to have a Kim Kardashian nose if your original nose doesn't allow you that. There are so many factors that can influence the final result. I had a very difficult nose to work with. It was a typical “Georgian” nose – it was big, droopy, and wide at the tip and it had a hump. In addition to that my skin was thick. So you can imagine what should be done in order to achieve a physically pleasant nose and preserve the structure and functionality at the same time.

I went through the surgery and, I must tell you that I did not have a single bruise on my face. That tells a lot about how gentle the surgeon’s touch is. But, every surgery has a chance of failure; but it does not mean that you have to give up. That’s what happened to me. Shortly after I had my surgery, due to some excessive swelling (my body reacted more than expected to the surgery), the tip of my nose dropped significantly. Unfortunately, lots of patients think that if the surgery does not go well it’s the doctor’s fault. When the doctor’s been performing this type of surgery for over 25 years, I doubt it’s the case. If you have chosen your surgeon carefully and you have established a good relationship with him, then you should trust him.

I was not happy and neither was Dr. Smith, but he knew that it can be fixed. So, with no further delay, I decided that I am going to have a revision surgery with Dr. Smith. He was extremely supportive. You have to wait at least a year before you have a revision. All this time Dr. Smith monitored my nose very carefully; if I had a question I would send him an e-mail and he would answer right away most of the times (even when I e-mailed him at 11 PM). Whenever I needed to see him between my regular appointments, he would see me.
A year after my first surgery I had my revision. I am now three months post op and I couldn't be happier. Dr. Smith did a splendid job! Because it was a less invasive surgery, my nose is less swollen now than it was 6 months after my first surgery. And it’s healing much faster than the first time. I get tons of compliments from my friends and relatives. Everybody tells me I look younger. I am still the same, but my new look gave me a lot of self esteem and confidence in myself.

So if you are not happy with your nose or if you had a not very successful surgery the first time, don’t be afraid to do it again. Finish what you started and you’ll look and feel great!
Someone once said –“Some people have good genes and others have good surgeons” I didn't have the “good” genes (nose-wise :) ), but I found my great surgeon.

Thank you Dr. Smith!

I finally got to post some pics. Hope that helps.
Hi there, Thanks for the review. Just sent you a PM.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm glad your doctor was responsive and that you're ultimately happy with your nose. We'd love to see your before and after photos (you can even blur out your eyes if this makes you more comfortable)!

before and after

before and after

droopy tip

one more

Oh wow you had a fantastic result! Truly beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing and Congratulations!
hey! did dr. smith do your first surgery or was that another dr?
Yes, Dr. Smith. It's all in my review, check it out :)
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Then, I found Dr. Smith, who specializes only in rhinoplasty. Period. He was the fist and only doctor that I went to. And, hands down, I must say. He was very professional, as well as very kind and down to earth. On my first consultation he totally took his time, without rushing me. He listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions with great patience, knowledge and professionalism. He took pictures of my nose and modified them on the computer to show me how my nose would look after the surgery.