Is It Gone Wrong? or Normal? - Toronto, ON

2 days ago me and my friend had 35% glycolic peel...

2 days ago me and my friend had 35% glycolic peel from a salon... they put the peel on my face for 3 mins... when we came home we both have red skin with little bit of tingly or ichy feeling... next morning when we woke up redness on my friend's face was better but on my face i found more red spots, today these red spots are turning into brown color and i also feel minor swelling on my cheeks... i am really worried about these brown patches or scars, my skin was not bad just have 2 or 3 old acne scars, now these scars are more worse & prominent... was the glycolic peel gone wrong on me or it's normal... plz plz plz reply...

she is nice and cooperative

I had my inner thighs peels a week ago, about 2 days after itchiness was unbearable, i am guilty of scratching that part to my behind. I also peeled what could already be peeled. The next day, it turned red, and lots of spots on my thighs & arms, i went to the doctor gave me cream and meds. Now i don't itch, but the redness turned brown, and no feel that it will still peel. It looks like i have a big birthmark on both my inner thighs, is this still normal?
It takes about eight days for a full healing process from all that exfoliation and it sounds like you aren't used to it so its just most likely something that is being ejected from the skin no need to worry I myself am an esthetician and those peels don't even affecte because I am used to that exfoliation
In your "update" comment it sounds like you are feeling very relieved and happier with your results, which is wonderful. I just thought I'd mention that after my peel I also experienced pretty intense itching (which was frustrating because you can't scratch!). I found some relief spreading a thin layer of Aquaphore and a face lotion with sunscreen and oatmeal in the ingredients.
This sounds bad but I have had many peels and it always turns out that your skin has to look worse to look better in the beginning right after the peel. It sounds like you understand that now. You must keep 35+ sunblock on your face to avoid the sun causing hyperpigmentation because your skin will be VERY sensitive especially the first few weeks after the peel because it is healing.

That is encouraging if she complimented your skin & didn't even know you had done the peel. :)

So glad you are seeing good results now!

update: today its 15th day after peel... now i can see positive results... my face is normal and i can see the fresh new skin, old spots and scars or light.... went to cousins house yesterday, she did not know that i had peel, got compliment from her that my skin looks good...

I can totally understand how seeing such a different reaction than your friend could be pretty scary. I posted your question in our Q&A section so we can get some opinions from the board certified doctors who volunteer on RealSelf.

You can click here to check for answers. It usually takes 24-48 hours for doctors to start posting.