From No Butt to a Butt - Toronto, ON

I had my BBL on July 7th 2011. The surgery went...

I had my BBL on July 7th 2011. The surgery went well and I wasn't in all that much pain. My only complaint would be the itch from healing and of course the compression garment.

I had almost 3L of fat removed from my flanks and abdomen with 700cc's injected into each cheek. I'm not expecting a huge bum at all as I started with very very little. So far my pain has been only discomfort. I took only 1/4 of the dose of pain pills for 24 hours post op. The day after surgery I was up walking every 2 hours. I'm now day 6 and feeling almost me again.

Yay! Today I'm seeing Dr. J to get my stiches and...

Yay! Today I'm seeing Dr. J to get my stiches and tape off. I can't wait. The itch is killing me. The large tape that he placed on my back from the lipo is so itchy that if anything touches it in the slightest it drives me crazy. I was told to take some Benadryl but it doesn't help that much.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Js office was in contact with me each step. From pre-op blood results to wishing me well the night before surgery and the day after to make sure I was well and comfortable. Dr. J himself is very professional and knows his stuff. He makes me feel important, not just another pay cheque walking through the door. His appointments are always on time and he makes sure you know everything and have asked every possible question before you walk out of the door. I would choose him again with out a doubt.

cant really see your results??this is the 2nd persons pics im looking at from dr jugenburg,for the price im kinda shocked....ive been looking at dr in domincan..look there ladies,his prices r for just bbl,i just got quoted from a surgeon in dominican for ARM LIFT,TUMMY TUK,LIPOSCULPTURE AND BBL,for 4,200,and a quote with my recovery house brought my bill up to 5,200 medication meals everything...
I just had bbl with Dr. J last sunday, mar9th. The staff and him were great - with great facilities. I had sides/flanks, thighs and knees done. I think you really need to look at someone's before pictures and find a similar look to your body shape and then what areas they had treated. My butt was massive from the procedure, I think it's gone down a bit, being day 5. I have huge difference in my thighs/knees and waist from the procedure - looks great. He didn't think I'd have enough fat from the areas to fill out the butt, but he was able to get enough from the areas I selected. Through this recovery process, I personally would not want to be in another country or province other than Ontario... being able to be at a gf's close to the place afterwards and only a text or phone call from drJ and Kim or Grace was huge comfort.
Hi Bre, you never updated past 8 days post op. I'm wondering how you're doing, if the results were good and held up?
hey bre, just wondering how you are doing? are you still satisfied with the results of your bbl? i am thinking of going to dr j too, so i am very interested in former patients experience with him. thanks
Hi there,
So glad to hear you had such an amazing experience !
I am also planning on going to Dr J and wanted to ask if you were charged for a consultation and also if 7000 is the basic price for a BBL or if he adjusted the price with the size and amount of areas you had the fat taken from ?
Thanks very muchhh !!
can you tell be you height and weight pre op and current?
Bre, may I ask why you chose the private facility vs the hospital?
Ps I just noticed your pics and they look fabulous. I personally think it's nice getting surgery in an environment where you are close to your friends and family for support, and you can get to know your surgeon and read up on them. It's just too risky going to another country and being that far away... At least in my opinion... Unless you really have done your homework on the full process and post surgery support.
Thanks again for being a part of our site. :)
Thanks!
Hi miss so gals to see ur great results. How are ur results now. I am planning to for bbl to dr Martin j aswell.
Did u loose any fat from bums or not
You look great!!! Keep us posted with your progression...and thanks again for your feedback I am getting excited with your positive comments and results, I hope you don't mind if I continue asking you questions as I'm sure I will have more lol

N thanks for the link Kate, good info..
Happy healing Bre and I hope you get the results u r wanting.
I read that link shortly after my surgery and it TRULY made me appreciate my decision on my Dr and doing it here at home. I've posted a few more pics but please remember my flanks, abdomen and bum are still a little swollen. When I say I had no bum I had no bum. I am very pleased with the results so far, I've hardly lost any fat and I'm 2 weeks most op. Dr J told me that I would lose close to 20% max.

Hmmmm, ok try searching in RealSelf, under the Google Custom Search, Brazilian Butt Lift, Tijuana Mexico.

Or you can copy that entire link and paste it into your web address bar.  Let me know if you can get it up ok?!

Hey Kate, I couldn't get in the link..."

Curious, check out this review when you have a second.

Good to hear... I was truly contemplating going to DR or Mexico because on www.makemeheal.com most members are all going there with amazing results and of course quite a huge savings in costs but I think I would rather pay more and get it done here by a reputable dr.

I have to say, I can already see a huge difference!  Can you please post pics once your tape is all off?!

Thanks for sharing,

Kate @ RealSelf

I didn't take anything before. Dr.J gives you Arnica to take after the surgery and I can say it really really helped. He's a very good Dr I truly think my pain wasn't that bad because he doesn't rush, he's gentle and really has an eye for what he's doing.
Thank you, you've been very helpful...Btw any tips on not feeling so much pain as you did? That's amazing how you only felt a lil discomfort...did u take vitamins before or any other precaution measures?
His office is at RYH And I believe he's in the process of building his own OR there but for now he operates out of private or the hospital. I think 3 hours. I went to sleep and woke up, felt like 2 minutes.
O nice, I thought the private clinic was at Royal York..they have it as Mississauga too? How long was the procedure?
Sorry I just noticed it said 7000, is that before taxes? Would you recommend I stay at a nearby hotel for the first night? What day did the pain hurt the most ?
I live about 40 min from the private clinic in Mississauga so I just came home. For me it was day 2-3 that I was really sore. I've noticed that people have compared this to child birth but I didn't experience pain anywhere near that. 7000 was before tax.