Bio Alcamid Disaster - Toronto, ON

Had numerous infections (severe) the latest...

Had numerous infections (severe) the latest occurring july 2012. Infection resulted in massive swelling requiring emergency surgery. Surgery took as long as heart by-pass surgery, was very complicated according to the surgeon. Had to go in before the abscess caused sepsis. the hole in my face was 3cm by 3cm by 1cm and required packing of the hole for the first month. The experience was incredibly painful both physically and psychologically. Was not able to do anything for the summer. Am looking for person's with similar experience who would be willing to be interviewed by CBC Canada for an in depth story. I've been after them for some time to do such a story.

The no accountability is what is driving my goal. If you have had a similar experience and are willing to speak you, please email me.

cheers

loonie

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

So, some weeks later, still no accountability,...

so, some weeks later, still no accountability, though since I posted there has been a lot of weirdness, from some dr's. I've got a scar on my face, which is not the worst of it. I'm a little cautious about making postings, cause who knows who is watching. I'll let you know if anything comes of my experience. In the meantime, the more people that contact CBC go public, the better. I can't do this alone, I really need people to step up and tell their stories to make a difference. Cheers

Please, I need help. Exactly passint this nightmare since some years ago, but since two month ago...I has been getting very dangerours and deep terrible and requiring emergency surgery for two times in three days since I was still in the hospital... at the moment, with medicacion. The experience was and it is being incredibly painful, the same, both physically and psychologically . Not able to do anything. And my job suffering the consecuences too because I am commercial agent and how can I do my visits to the clients... and no able to control the rest of my life around because the problem. Please, Could I find some one nearer of my place with similar problem? o whererver I could contact with... (I live in Madrid - Spain) Thanks for the attention, from me (Deeply sad and desperate)
Hi, I live in Holland. I don't know someone in Madrid. The only thing I know is that you need antibiotica. That's the only thing that could help. Here in Holland we have a plastic surgery doctor who helped a lot patients with permanent fillers.
Thank you so much, thenetherdlands. You are very kind. I have been with antibiotic, two operations in my face in three days and still with corticoides!... I have a good plastic surgery doctor beside mi with this problem, but, I need to contact with people with the problem in order to get much, but very much more information about everythin this product and the company, and where they are actually, and so... and, again, thank you very much your attention and reply
Mona Loutfly

it was a research study about lipoatrophy and HIV/AIDS.