Mini TT - Post Menopause - Toronto, ON

Looking forward to saying goodbye to the excess...

Looking forward to saying goodbye to the excess fat that has lived on my tummy for my entire life, regardless of my weight, and the fat that has accumulated on my upper abdomen since menopause. My doctor recommended a mini TT because I have good muscle tone and good skin elasticity. Someday, I can't believe that I am actually doing this.

Mini TT post menopausal

Post op one day

I won't be uploading any pics b/c I have to wear the binder for 10 days. Things look flatter. Also can't shower for 10 days. Going to look for dry shampoo. My biggest issue is with the compression garment. It feels like it pushes food from my tummy up into my throat and makes it impossible to lie down after eating. Anybody else have this problem?

Ten days post op

It was super exciting to see the "flat side" yesterday at ten days post-op. My bulging tummy has been a lifelong frustration...and now it's flat. I am so very happy. I tried on a few outfits and was ecstatic. No tummy bulge. I can hardly wait to dress in a tight shirt without a top layer to hide my tummy!
Dr. Kasrai

Super patient coordinator. Eva is very supportive and called before the procedure a couple of times, to make sure I remembered all the important things, and the evening after the procedure to see how I was. She met me in the morning and sat with me in the waiting area which took my mind off my anxiety. Doctor Kasrai is very kind and treated me with respect, especially during the full body picture taking session beforehand. They have been very flexible with scheduling.

Glad to hear that your recovery is going well. Can't wait to see photos of your results!
thanks. I will upload a couple of pictures later this week. :)
So how is the recovery going?
Very well, thanks. I don't have drains so it's really important that I don't move much in order to prevent swelling. I went to the doctor yesterday and she said its healing really well, and there is not much swelling. I am off pain meds now, and can move without much discomfort. I am still very tired but am actually enjoying the quiet time, the reading and movies, etc. I came home from the doctor's office and took off the binder, and tried on a few dresses that I love and was thrilled not to have my tummy bulging out.
That is so nice I wish the same.
Hi I had the same surgery with muscle repair 4 months ago who is your doctor?
Dr. Kasrai. How do you feel now. I am not having muscle repair and I suspect your recovery would have been more painful. Is your swelling gone now.
I feel fine now the recovery was difficult but manageable I'm not happy with the results I still have a big bulge and I really don't know what to do at this point I went to another surgeon and he doesn't want to touch my stomach my original surgeon doesn't know why there is a bulge and he doesn't seem to care to find out or fix it for me I'm very saddened by this surgery the money the time and recovery for me was not worth it cause I didn't get the results I expected. I should have been advised to have a full tummy tuck and not a mini... I thought my surgeon knew best so I went with his decision of a mini TT with MR
I am sorry!Hope that you find a solution.