Round 2 of Liposuction....So Excited!!!

So I've been contemplating on getting liposuction...

So I've been contemplating on getting liposuction on my abdomen and arms for almost a year now and finally came to the decision to go for it! I have read many reviews and find myself constantly looking at before and after pictures online. I am 24 years old, 5'1 and 125 pounds and am almost at my appropriate weight. I know I am not excessively huge for my height and weight but I never ever had a flat toned stomach. I hate having the ripple effect on my stomach and just want it to look smooth and even for once! I just hope I am satisfied with the results and hope my money spent will be well worth it. I kind of am nervous of the pain although many have said the procedure isnt too painful. I just need a little motivation and support...a voice telling me that everything will be alright!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I decided to post some pics of my abdomen right...

I decided to post some pics of my abdomen right now since thats my primary concern.

Everything will be alright! I've got a pretty in-depth review going if you want to check that out. If you're having the procedure done under general then obviously there is no pain during, however I'm not going to mislead you and say its minimal after. Really, it all depends on the individual and their level of pain tolerance. For me, the pain was/is considerably worse than I thought it would be. But is it unbearable? Of course not, particularly with appropriate pain medications. If you've never had a major surgery before it will be an unusual experience, but really the worst aspect of pain is not the pain itself, but rather the ensuing inconvenience and frustration. Being in pain makes it harder to move around, it stops you from doing things you normally do, it interferes with your concentration and so on. Basically, pain is a drag! The thing to remember is, it's not forever! It's probably not even for more than 10 days! The key is to be prepared to REST after - you'll want to sleep and just not move too much. It is ideal to have someone around who is caring for you and will bring you things so you don't have to get up, and basically just keep an eye on you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm currently at five days post-op =)
Youre going to do great!! I already had my lipo..and it's worth it!
Aw thanks.. Do you have pictures up?? I'd love to see your results!!

Cant believe I just added pics of my ugly fat...

Cant believe I just added pics of my ugly fat arms!! here they are ladies! I really hope they will look more smooth and toned.

Hey im from Toronto too! Good luck on your surgery! Who are you going to in the city?
Hey I'm going with dr kreidstein he's in Toronto near yorkdale mall area. Hopefully my results will be awesome he has a lot of good reviews.
I heard he's good...you should definetly be happy!

Ladies just 10 more days till the big day!! I am...

ladies just 10 more days till the big day!! I am so anxious and nervous!! How painful is the actual procedure? I have watched youtube videos of the procedure and it looks scary. What about the pain afterwards? A lot of reviews I have read say it feels like a hardcore workout. I hope thats all it will be. Ahhhhhhhhhh......

I think it really depends on how much you are in shape and your age. I had a realy hard time cause my age 60years. I have worked out most of my life so I have a good core. Make sure you take your meds cause then you are on top of the pain. I did wear the dam compression garment for over 2 months. Also my doctor said try not to sit for long periods for the first 2 weeks as you will get lines. I either laid in the lazy boy or in bed or walked. I had 4000CC removed .
Ok..so I might be screwed then since ill be back at work just 2 days after surgery In a chair for 8 hours!!! My doc said I will only have 400 to 1000cc removed from my stomach..I just hope I can sit for 8 hours n function
wow thats quick to be back at work as swelling is big time the first 2 weeks for sure. The CG can be very uncomfortable. There is no way you can take a few more days off??

Ladies can any of you answer this question for me?...

Ladies can any of you answer this question for me? As you can see I have an uneven stomach right now with a few bumps. After lipo do those lumps go down and do you still have a flat stomach while sitting? My rolls seem to pop out a lot more when I sit down and it drives me nuts! I just hope I look a lot flatter...please let me know!

Hey girl. I'm post op already. It's hard but doable. Please try and take ATLEAST another day off. And make sure you someone you know and love taking care of you for at least two days. It's hard because you can't use your stomach muscles to get yourself because if hurts so bad so you rely on your arms to lift yourself up but since we did lipo on arms so you can't because it hurts too bad lmao!!!
Did you see any other doctors?

Just 2 more days!!! I am more excited than ever! I...

Just 2 more days!!! I am more excited than ever! I bought bandages, gauze pads and colace medication. Cant wait till Thursday!

I read your story. My story won't post soon enough as my procedure is tomorrow and I wrote it today. Our bodies look very similar in the abdomen. I'm having waist, abdomen, ant flanks and chin/ jawline neck done. The before surgery part is okay don't worry. If you have general you will never even know it happened. You will wake up in a tight gurdle. If you fill sick ask for some anti nausea med. I did this is a repeat procedure for me from 10years ago. I had a baby even though I exercised and gained little weight it all came back the same. I gained 18 lbs that's it in my last pregnancy. Just to let you know it is not a forever fix but is worth the results. You can handle the pain it's just the fear of the big wound of the areas it looks a little ruff and aches when you get home. It will heal what will be done will be done. Just focus on taking good care of yourself. Have someone there to support you for 2-3 days for everything emotionally and physically. Your tummy skin will shrink and improve but it will be not be tight and perfect in my opinion. However expect it to look 80% better. For me I'm not trying to look like a supermodel... I am trying to be more comfortable In my clothes and be able to not look prego. Heal but know the rolls will be gone or smaller or maybe there will be a little skin but it will be worth it . Otherwise I would not being willing to go thru it again ;) have someone who loves you help you through it makes it much easier
Aw thanks so much for the info n support. I'm young so I'm hoping my results will be worth it. I really wish the rolls will be gone n it will leave me looking smoother in that abdomen. I've seen lots of images with women weighing more than me or having more meat n look absolutely amazing so I'm hoping I can have just as good results. I'm more concerned of the actual pain during the procedure than after. I'm doing local. Well I guess I will know tomorrow! Thanks again n good luck to u too!!
Hey my lipo is the 16th also good luck with yours. Thanks

It's time!

I just got changed and now I'm waiting...ready to go!

Whoo-hoo! Best of luck to you. Know we are all thinking good thoughts for you. @Pufflady, we'll get your review up asap so you can get some support asap.

Just had lipo and I'm feeling great!

Hey ladies. So I'm home from my surgery and I feel totally fine. Not sure how I will feel tomorrow but if its like this then yay!! I'll give you a summary of what occurred. So I reached the clinic at 10:45 am. I signed some paperwork and waited to get marked up and weighed. Took 5 pills to help me relax and relieve possible pain. During this time I had two nurses to give me an overview and to answer any questions I had. Soon after I was moved into the operating room where I was put on the bed and had my blood pressure checked. I had a freezing liquid put into my arm and was hooked up to the iv. I did general which was surprising since I has no idea I was going to be asleep during the procedure. My surgeon recommended its just more comfortable for me this way. Then I had the oxygen mask on me n there I went...fast asleep! I woke up in 1.5 hours and went into the recovery room. I apparently did very well!! My garment was already put on me. I felt just tired no pain really. My nurse was with me majority of the time. I had 930cc taken out of my stomach and about 350cc from each arm. I got to finally sip some water during this time as I was thirsty. But that's pretty much it! My surgery started around 1:00 pm and I was out by 2:45ish and at 4:30 pm I was ready to leave! The whole experience was amazing! Time went by so fast and I expected to be in a lot worse pain. As in writing this I don't feel much discomfort. Only when I get up I feel cramps n aches. I already see a huge difference on my abdomen. My arms seem toned already!! I can't wait to see my new body in a few days! My boyfriend has been with me since morning n he's still with me. I love him! Any way ladies ill keep you posted tomorrow in terms of how I feel! Best decision I ever made!

Morning of day 1

So I slept last night pretty well. I had to go pee like every hour which was a pain but thank goodness my garment had an opening at the bottom! I still feel exactly the same as yesterday...a little sore as if I did an an workout all day. I haven't even had to take one single pain medication after the surgery! Now that is just crazy! I'm going to see how it goes today. Ill take one if the pain gets worse. My plan today is to go outside and walk around and eat some light snacks. Other then that I feel totally fine as if nothing major even happened! Maybe it was the surgeon's technique and the lovely staff or just the amount of drugs I was on or maybe I just have a kick ass high tolerance for pain lol but whatever it is I'm so thrilled already! Can't wait to post some pics soon :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Swollen and worried I lost my hourglass!!

I know I'm bruised and swollen but I'm concerned I may have lost my curves. My lower abdomen just looks like a large balloon. I didn't do my flanks so I didn't think it would change my curves. Am I screwed? Or should I just wait it out n see how I look after the swelling goes down. I hope I don't have to get my flanks done now! Argh..please let me know if any of you can help me with this!

Post op pics are up!

I know it's super early to put them up but I just couldn't wait! I'm pretty swollen in my lower abdomen. Hopefully in the next few weeks ill be able to get an idea of my new shape :)

Don't worry about the "hourglass" thing. I had the same thought when I saw mine, but it went away. I don't think you really have anything on your flanks to take off - just let the swelling subside! Remember, your stomach doesn't just swell out the front, it will also be swollen to the sides. You already look great though!
Thanks hun I hope ur right! I hate the waiting part. Hopefully in a few weeks my body will change n look slimmer.
Yay! You're post op!! Don't worry about the swelling....your hourglass will return eventually

Day 3

So it's day 3 of recovery. I feel pretty good. I went to work Saturday and on my way right now haha. I know I'm crazy! I work at a call centre so it's not too bad. Taking Tylenol here and there. Going in for my first visit on Tuesday. Will post more pics at my 7 day post op.

You didnt have much fat removed so your recovery should be quick...I had 4000CC removed and it has taken almost 4 months to working out again. But now I look in mirrors sometimes and the buddha belly is gone...Hopefully I never have to do this again... You will look amazing when the swelling goes down. Remember advil is an anti inflammatory and after surgery you can take it. People are so proud they dont take pain killers but its about reducing inflammation. Just an idea.
mine did, it's finally looking normal again. I'm 6 weeks post op, so give it time! I think it took 3-4 weeks for my hourglass to return

Day 5 Post Op

I went in for my follow up today and my doc took out the stitches. He was pretty impressed with the minimal swelling I had and the drastic results. He told me that things will just get better after this which made me so thrilled. I am more bruised up on the back of my arms than in my abdomen. I hope the bruising and swelling goes away fast. I have my college graduation on June 12th and I want to wear a dress! I ordered another compression garment because the one I was given has a side zipper which keeps bending and digging into my skin. He said that was fine. Anyways just wanted to let you all know I am doing great, with very minimal pain. I will post new pics at my 2 week period.

great review! you look fab!! just remember to massage the areas regularly and gently- that has reeaaaalllly been helping my bruising! isn't it fun to have smaller arms? I just love it now when I look in the mirror!! but you really look terrific!:)

1 week post op

So here I am at 1 week. I'm beginning to see my new shape in my arms and abdomrm. I'm pretty please so far but am wondering why my arms still jiggle n look lumpy. I hope they tighten up! I already want to get more areas done..my flanks and bra rolls. I still think I have extra meat on my sides and my back. Well I guess I'll be doing that next year since I didn't want to spend 10 grand at one time! Anyway still bruised on my arms more so abdomen. I still feel a bit dire here and there but I stopped taking all meds. I'm just going to stick it out. My 1 week pics are up!

Day 12

Ahh I'm lumpy n hard in my abdomen and I no longer have a flat stomach! I was much flatter right after my surgery and now it's lumpy! I've been wearing my garment 24/7 since my surgery! I don't know what to do. Anyone else experience hardness in their abdomen?

you look great!!! I too have a lump and I'm 3 weeks post op I'll be posting pics soon. I'm going in to see my Dr today bout that lump. The office manager told me last week when I called to just massage it but I don't see it going down. I've heard that sometimes you may need an external ultrasound massage to help them break down. i had more brusing as I was not as tiny as you were pre-op. I can already see some of my results which are great but I'm getting impatient and want to see much more. I'm still a bit swollen and my surgery was on 5-8. They say it takes amost 6 weeks for the full swelling to go away and around 3 months you can start to see what your perm results will look like.
Ye I know I have to be more patient. It just sucks that right after my surgery I was so smooth and flat and now my stomach looks a bit thick. My pooch under neath my belly button is back n it's no longer flat!! It's definitely hard and lumpy so I'm hoping it decreases again. I just don't want to have to do a touch up.
Don't worry about the lumps and swelling - like I said, it's totally normal and you just have to remember that the results ARE there...you just temporarily can't see them. Most surgeons advise regularly massaging the lumps and bumps, as it helps the fluid pockets move and prevents the formation of scar tissue. It will probably ache a bit, because you're massaging bruised skin, but my surgeon said to do as much as I could handle, every day. Personally I just slather on some coconut oil and then massage the hard areas while watching tv

Day 14

It's been two weeks today and I'm not as flat and smooth as I was just after my surgery. I'm beginning to see small pockets of fat on my sbdomrn and my pooch is coming back below my belly button! This is so not cool. Also I have two huge chicken pox looking scars under my bra from the incisions. I hope they will fade. I'm scared and worried. I miss my 2 day post op body. I know it's just 2 weeks but shouldn't I be looking better not worse? I'm going in for my follow up on Tuesday and will tell my surgeon my concerns. I'm still very hard n lumpy in my abdomen. At least I'm pleased with my arms...*sigh*

You look great!  I had lipo w/the fat transferred to my breasts.  I LOVE the lipo results & the fat transfer (new breasts).  It is weird how I only weigh 2 lbs less but I am 2 pant sizes smaller.  Did that happen to you also?
Ye I weigh only 2 pounds less too and I look a lot smoother. i don't think I went down a whole pant size but my abdomen no longer has creases n rolls. I'm more lumpy n bumpy now being 2 week post op. I'm not as flat as day 2 which sucks. But I'm pleased with my arms a lot! Ahh I hope things get better. I never knew I'd look bigger as time goes on... I want my body to be as it was at day 2!
Why do you say you would look bigger as time goes on..did the doc say that?  I look smaller than I did 7 weeks ago so I don't know why you would look bigger?  I went from a size 4 to a size 0 but I only lost 2 lbs.  I guess it is because the fat does not weigh alot.  I am really scared if I do gain weight of where it will land?  I did not have my stomach lipoed so I am worried that I could end up with a buddha belly, LOL!  So far I am maintaining my post surgery weight loss of that weight so I see no redistribution but who knows?  It has only been 7 wks.  I think everything will work out for you.  I think Tamie is right to really watch the processed foods and salt intake ..salt (restaurant food) still makes one area on my back swell and then I wear a waist shaper after that to get the swelling down.

Slowly looking good but still want to look even better

Hey ladies!! I just wanted to give you an update. I'm now 3 weeks post op. Feeling very minimal to no pain at all. My arms feel sore when I stretch or reach up. My stomach is a bit hard in the centre. I'm already thinking of getting my flanks and bra rolls done. I don't like the shape of the side of my stomach...the love handle area. I want it to look toned and smooth. I still feel I'm lumpy n have pockets of fat on my abdomen. I'm hoping I'm still sore n will flatten out even more. I've posted more pics!

Actually to be honest I've been wearing spandex pants n leggings so I have no idea what my pant/jean size is right now. Before surgery I was a 3 or 5 depending on the brand. I'd love to be a size 1 or 2..I use to be a size 0 like 10 years ago ahhh
Hold off on the flanks. Your waist is small enough I think!
Those pics are taken with my arms raised so it looks smoother n flatter. But I have side rolls n unevenness when I stand with my arms down or sitting. I'm embarrassed to put a pic with my arms down but I may have to.

Going in again!

So I really thought about it and decided to get my flanks and bra rolls done for sure. My flanks are uneven and are not smooth. My left flank (right side in pic) is way thicker n has more fat! I don't know why I didn't do it at the same time as my abdomen. I'm sure it will give me a better shape. So that's that..I'm doing it again!

Thanks for sharing your story, I think you look great. I'm having BA and lipo of my abdomen and hips (all the way around LOL) on July 23. Good to know that the swelling is alarming but temporary.
Good luck!  I had my flanks,hips & outer thighs/anterior thighs done & it looks nice.  However, I think in the last couple days that I gained a couple pounds from overeating ( I am almost 2 mths out) and I think it is landing in my lower abs and boobs.  So, I just need to eat healthy for the next couple days and get it off cause I don't want the fat in my stomach! Does your doctor consider the flanks and hips as one or separate?  Some consider it as one.
I think my doc considers the flanks to be the sides of your abdomen and the lower back area. But I'll have to check with him again to make sure. It's going to cost me 3,000 for just my flanks so he better be doing a large area..sides n all lower back

Hardness?

For those of you who are at least 2 months post op..what happens to your skin when the hardness goes away? Does the skin tighten n feel hard normally or does the skin feel soft and doughy? I kind of like the hardness in my abdomen..it feels like I have hard abs and I'm afraid to have soft loose skin. I know I will have to eat healthy and exercise but just wanted to know what to expect in a few months. Please let me know!

Thanks for keeping us updated. These are so good to read. How are things going now?
things are going great. I cant believe how easy everything was for me after surgery. I even went back to work 2 days after ahaha. The pain was moderate...more soreness than anything else. The bruising all healed up after 2.5 weeks. I am a bit hard and lumpy in places but im sure it will all even out in a few months. I am planning on getting my flanks and bra rolls done soon for a better shape. I want an hour glass shape..I think I have a triangle shape. But over all I am still happy I went thru it all and dont regret a thing!

Scheduled for my second surgery

I am 25 years old now and 126 lbs and I have scheduled my second liposuction surgery on January 30th. I will be getting my flanks, bra rolls and posterior axilla. I am hoping for more of a hour glass shape and to have a smaller hip size. My bra rolls are hideous and need to go!!! I am pretty satisfied with my arms and my abdomen...its been 7 months now. I will need a minor touch up on my upper abdomen but other than that im pretty satisfied. I had very minimal bruising and bleeding and was wondering if the flanks and back area cause more bruising and bleeding or less. Can anyone provide me with details of how it feels to get the flanks and back done? and how are your results so far? does fat come back on these areas? im spending another 6800 on these areas and hope it will all be worth it to achieve a beautiful hour glass silhouette!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I had my flanks done in July and I felt like I had been beaten up with a baseball bat and I found it very difficult to sit in a chair for the first couple of days but I was thrilled with the results and any pain was worth it. Good luck - your surgeon did a great job with your first procedure.
Hi you've got a great figure and there is a big difference from before. I'm 7 days post op from a BBL where doctor did aggressive lipo (ab, flank, back and inner thigh). I was 5'4" and 136 so no terribly overweight. He was able to get out 5L which is the limit. He put back 1200cc in my butt. I'm also enjoying a very decent recovery (yea!) but your comments about lumpiness later concerns me. In addition to the garment, they recommend ultrasound treatments to smooth out results over time. It can be a little painful but I think they're beneficial. I'm also constantly giving myself massages and it helps! Back and flanks are prob most uncomfortable of the areas but w/o abs ... Maybe not too bad for you . Good luck with round 2
Hey, you look amazing I can't believe the transformation, I am doing lipo on January 9 and I am very excited yet nervous. I am doing my back and stomach, I do have a question for you, did the doctor also fix the sides of your stomach like your waist area or he just touch your stomach only like only the front area?

The date is fast approaching! I can hardly wait! =)

So my surgery date is only 3 weeks away and im pretty excited. Not nervous this time around at all since I know what to expect but I am nervous about whether or not the results will meet my expectations. I am going to post some pics of me currently now and my expected results with the use of photoshop. Based on the photos, are these expectations feasible? I can look like that right? lol. I am going to show my surgeon the same pics. Only time will tell I guess.

The photoshopped pics will definitely be helpful in communicating the outcome you desire. I think it helps to have them handy when you're talking to the PS about what you can actually expect from the surgery. I wish I had made mine sooner to show at all of the consultations! I wish you a speedy and relatively pain-free recovery!
Hey! I see you're going for round 2 =) Your stomach looks great, btw! I didn't have my back done, but I did have my flanks done. Obviously, I had my stomach and flanks done at the same time, but I have to say I barely even remember the pain in my flanks in comparison to the pain in my stomach and my legs. So...hopefully that's a positive! I'm actually really regretting that I didn't get my arms done. You thought your arms were big....well, I'll tell you this, if I had your "BEFORE" arms I would consider myself lucky!!!! However, I'm not thinking about getting them done now. Hopefully a bit of weight loss will help. I'm pretty strapped paying back my law school loans, but I think my next cosmetic surgery investment is definitely going to be bigger boobs!
thanks! i should have gotten my flanks done at the same time of my abdomen and my arms but I didnt want to pay all that money. Even though I am putting in another $6800 I hope it really changes the shape of my back and flanks. I would love to have your silhouette, especially your flanks..the results are amazing! And what are you talking about? your arms are not big! You look proportionate head to toe! I hope the pain is very low like last time. My first surgery was a breeze, I barely felt a thing afterwards. I will definitely be putting pics up after my procedure. wish me luck!

Round 2 complete!

So I had my surgery yesterday and it went pretty well! Same as before, I went in at 10:30 am and met my nurse. She gave me a few pills to take and checked my blood pressure and temperature. I then waited for my surgeon to come in to mark me up. At this point I was pretty pleased to know that my surgeon covered larger areas than I thought he would. For my flanks, he did the front, sides and all of my lower back. He also did a great portion of my upper and middle back area which was great since I thought he would only do my lumps/rolls. My upper abdomen was done also at the same time since I needed a little touch up. Over all, the level of pain was moderate once again. Bruising is also minimal however, I am very swollen and my skin feels very doughy. I oozed a lot from my left flank and needed to use extra padding. Oozing luckily stopped later that evening. Right now I am taking tylenol and anti-biotics every few hours. Ive posted pics of my body which are 1 day post op. I will put more pics when I reach my 1 week mark. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Wow you look great!  Your waist is so tiny!
Looking good! Hope you have a good recovery! Less than a week till my surgery!
Yay! U must be excited. Ur going to have great results since ur in great shape! Best of luck!

pretty swollen, not liking my back lumps and bumps at all :(

I know its too early to judge but I am not happy with my back results. Why do I have a huge crease/indent above my tatoo? There is definitely some fat left on my lower back or it may all be just a lot of swelling. My back is far from being smooth, and the sides of my back look bumpy as well. Will my back smooth out over time? I am already concerned and hope to see way better results than this! ahhhhhhh

3 week update

Its been 3 weeks since my surgery and things are looking better and better each day. My bruises are gone, but I still have a few lumps and bumps along my flanks and lower back. No pain at all, only when I stretch my arms up. I am loving my results so far! Pics are posted as well =)

Your results look great! I am getting a BA and debating if I want to add some lypo.
I have started lymphatic messages, exercising, self message, and compresses. I hope the lumps and hardness starts going away since I am 7 weeks out. I think all of this has started to make a difference.
You look amazing, I am also experiencing bumps and lumps on my stomach I'm getting worried, I'm going to see my doctor next week apperently these bumps can be remove with an injection !!!

6 week update

Hello everyone! I am at my 6 week post op and I am feel great. I am pretty satisfied with my new shape over all. I still have a few lumps around my flanks but what concerns me more is my mid back. It looks like fat deposits are coming back around the sides of my upper back underneath my bra. I actually looked better at my 3 week update :( I am still wearing my compression garment everyday and a bra over top. Hopefully my back looks better!

Hi how did your arms take the lipo
How are you doing now? Are you satisfied with the results? Any new picks?
any updates on your arms >
Dr. Kriedstein

Amazing surgeon and wonderful staff!