Fat Transfer to Breasts W/ Brava - Toronto, ON

I'm starting at a small C34 / large B. I want my...

I'm starting at a small C34 / large B. I want my breasts to be a bit larger and fuller in the middle, but I don't to change their shape and movement as drastically as implants would. I think I've been hoping for a procedure like this to exist for quite some time... from the moment I learned about it, I was super interested. The fat will be harvested from my inner thighs, back of thighs, flanks, stomach, and upper back.

I was told to use the Brava for 12 hours a day. So far I've been failing at that. I average closer to 9. I have classes during the day and I haven't been able to completely sacrifice my social or sex life. Also, this device is brutal. I'm a lot more used to it now than I was in the beginning, but I still wake up at 5-6am really itchy and with a sore back and I can't fall back asleep until I take the thing off. The swelling is fun though. It sticks around through the day... although often the red marks stay too. I've had blisters a few times. I've itched hard enough to leave scratches on skin made already delicate by the Brava.

I hope this thing helps... when I spoke to a different doctor (one who didn't use it for fat transfer) he said that it had been around for a long time and was only recently connected to fat transfer as a way to sell them. But using it makes sense to me and my Dr at least.

Starting measurements:

Breasts 35
Waist 27
Hips 36

With the Brava, so far my swelling around gets to a 37.5 and goes down to about a 36 by nightfall. I've never had implants; I've never breastfed; I'm 23.

K, so when I originally conceived of this idea I...

K, so when I originally conceived of this idea I wanted to do it at the end of February. It took a while for shit to come together though and it was scheduled for the end of March.. then as I neared the end of March I realized it was an awful time for surgery. I have so many exams and essays due in the 2/3 weeks after the procedure... very silly. So I have moved it to middle of April when I should be done everything.

Another benefit is that I will now have about two solid months of Brava'ing in before the surgery. I've read/seen/heard that the results of fat transfer will be less significant than the largest amount of swelling you can achieve through suction. The more I use the Brava, the more I swell, the longer the swelling lasts.. I think I've made a very good decision here.

Pre-Brava measurement around my chest was 35inches. Now it's usually 38 when I remove it in the morning, 37 end of the day, 36 next day even if I don't Brava during the night. I'm somewhat concerned it's affecting my nipples..

I really cannot bitch enough about the Brava. ...

I really cannot bitch enough about the Brava. This is not a regime to be undertaken lightly. My breasts have been unsightly for almost a month straight. Best case scenario, they itch and my nipples seem weird. Worst, they're hugely bruised and/or blistered. Be careful putting blister pads over your nipples, removing those seems to take skin with them.

Placing the thing is such a pain. There's not a weird, permanent crease in the silicon of one of the cups and it always folds along there.

I'm struggling a lot with this. In between...

I'm struggling a lot with this. In between booking the procedure and now I got back together with an ex who really hates the idea-- he says because he can tell I don't really want to do it. Actually, I do really want to do it. But maybe I don't really want to want to do it. It's quite an emotional mess. The majority of the times I've talked to people in my life about it, I've been in tears... so I guess I don't blame them for mostly recommending I hold off a little longer. My mom doesn't like the idea either.

But I think I'm going to go ahead with it. 10 days now. I haven't been as good about Brava'ing since I got back with that ex and now he's around most nights. School's wrapping up now too and that presents its own set of difficulties.

I've been having a lot of trouble looking at myself naked in mirrors lately. Either I think my breasts look bad and I'm sad. Or I think my breasts look good and I'm sad.

So that went down yesterday and everything went...

So that went down yesterday and everything went well. I should have Brava'd more in the 2 weeks before the surgery, but we'll see how it goes. If all else fails, I might just have to do it again at some point. I was nervous as hell. But anestesia is a funny thing, one minute I was nervous, then next moment I'm waking up and it's all over. I'm pretty swollen all over, except for my stomach which is crazy flat. My waist is really intense. But, yea, my thighs, back, and my hips are all swollen. It will be a while before I can see how this has worked out. I'll be wearing the brava for a week after as much as possible and I'll be wearing the binder outfit thing for about 2 weeks. My boobs look lovely. Definitely stiff. I hope I retain most of the size they currently are. I'll upload pictures soon. I know you've all heard it enough times, but it is worth repeating, the lipo leaves you so so so sore. I feel like I've been hit by a car. Getting up from lying down involves a lot of rocking and grabbing things and faith. I feel pretty good though. I waffled so much over this. And even now, thinking back to my natural body, it's lovely. If nothing changes then I'm still lucky. But if I end up with bigger boobs, and a widdled waist, and a bum that looks even rounder because there's less fat on my lower back and upper thighs. Then that is lovely too. Also, as for the bf... well I went to talk to my mom about this on the day before. And she didn't seem nearly as against it as she did the last time I told her about it. And then when I got back and told the bf that my mom had come around, he didn't seem against it any more either. Lol. One of those things. Dr. Kesarwani and his staff are great btw. They've been amazingly patient with me haha. I'll post a more comprehensive review of all of that once I know more about how the results turn out.

My memory of things that happened immediately post...

My memory of things that happened immediately post is a bit foggy.. but I'm fairly certain he said he put 225cc in my larger breast and 185cc in the smaller one. I know some people report their doctors putting twice that much in, but I think the risk for complications during reabsorbtion is higher when there is more injected, so I'm happy about those numbers. Also, even if it ends up costing more, I'd rather do careful, incremental increases than one big gamble.

I woke up pretty confused this morning with a...

I woke up pretty confused this morning with a fever. A bit disconcerting, but it's gone away now. I'm on antibiotics and painkillers. I thought the fever might just be because I have to sleep in the compression garment and I put some bloomers on over top of that because the crotch hole is too silly. And normally I sleep stark, so a bit of overheating is to be expected maybe.

Still very stiff, hobbling around. I'm going to try and do some very chill yin yoga tonight. I was supposed to be 4/20 cooking with a friend today, but it didn't feel like a reasonable idea. I don't really want to tell her I had plastic surgery or lie to her and I'm too infirm to really be much fun today anyway.

Showering was a wonderful experience. I took off my bandages mostly. I have little stitches; I believe they will dissolve on their own. Being out of the compression garment is pretty nice... I washed it and am waiting for it to dry and then it's back in for me. I'm trying to brava as much as possible now too. Unfortunately, the device has been losing its suction and not turning itself back on a lot lately when I'm asleep.

I'm just the tiniest bit nervous for the after shape of my body where there's been lipo. I'm obviously still swollen and things do look good so far, but I previously had no qualms with the shape of my hips. I'm really, really excited to see how everything turns out.

My boobies are currently so fun. Definitely be a bit careful with the post-surgical brava'ing though. I ended up with some blood in one of the domes.

I remain very stiff and sore. Mainly in my thighs...

I remain very stiff and sore. Mainly in my thighs whenever I move them and my back whenever I sit down/stand up/breathe heavily. I'm going to try and lay off the percs for a bit... this pain might seem all the worse because of the contrast between it and the comfy opiate hazy I've been enjoying over the last few days. But really, the last thing I need to deal with on top of pain from surgery is withdrawal symptoms from the painkillers. Best to be careful with these things!

I have been going for reasonably long walks, which I think has been very good for me. And usually the pain is at its worse at the beginning of these walks, but has lessened quite a bit by the end. My back is still weirdly swollen... it's strange to see... like if I were to gain a disproportionate amount of weight on my lower back. And my inner thighs are super swollen still. I hope that goes away soon. My thighs don't usually touch at all and currently they do for ~15cm.

I can see more of my hips and stomach although they're still swollen. It's most obvious around my pubic area. Fingers still crossed that everything eventually smooths between waist to saddlebags.

Boobs continue to look great, if slightly bruised. Very pokeable.

In the continuing saga of "I Hate the Brava" mine...

In the continuing saga of "I Hate the Brava" mine no longer seems to keep its seal for more than 20 minutes. I've washed the domes a number of times, but the issue is probably that the silicone is just too deformed to hold its shape. It's full of crumples and creases. It's quite frustrating. I assume I'm going to need to purchase new cups, unfortunately, by the time I have a chance to do so, it will be a week post surgery and I won't have much opportunity to use them.

In better news, my pain is down to about a 3/4 and I've successfully kicked the 3 day long opiate dependency that was threatening to destroy us all.

Soooo... 3 weeks on. My lipo sites all look great...

Soooo... 3 weeks on. My lipo sites all look great. At first my stomach was unnaturally flat looking, but now it has regained a more reasonable flatness. My inner thighs are still a bit tight. My bruises are all gone.

My boobs are... fun. I'm quite enjoying this. I'm paranoid about retention though. Before I was 35-36 around the bust. Immediately post + Brava I maxed out at 40. Now I'm 38-39. Hopefully it sticks around...

IMPORTANT

For those of you considering this procedure... something I've been thinking about a lot recently is the importance of the liposuction for gaining fat on the breasts. I've been thinking about how Khouri and Coleman both counsel you to be at your thinnest before undertaking the procedure... it seems counter-intuitive, no? You might think it would be best for you to have excess fat for the injection... except maybe the injected fat is less important than we think. Maybe a good result in this procedure has a lot to do with you returning to your normal, pre-lipo weight, but regaining it in the areas that haven't been liposuction (your breasts). I've just been thinking about that because I was reading about how some women report their breasts getting larger after liposuction even without fat transfer. That would also explain why I oft hear repeated that the breasts are at their smallest 2 months post, and then they start getting bigger again. Maybe they lose volume for the first two months because of swelling and fat re-absorbtion. Then they gain volume after because your lifestyle just accommodates a certain amount of fat that can no longer go (easily) to your stomach or thighs or where ever.

Not to say that I think the transferred fat is irrelevant either. Honestly... I've been considering doing the procedure again in the fall depending on what shape my breasts and finances and harvestable fat stores are in then.

I should also say that most* of my bras are too...

I should also say that most* of my bras are too small. I fit into a D34 pretty well, but I'm avoiding underwire for the time being. I heard somewhere to do that. I'm definitely happy with the results atm. They're fuller and perkier along with slightly bigger.

Just to clarify what I said yesterday about my...

Just to clarify what I said yesterday about my suspicion regarding where enhanced volume comes from... and why I suspect that the best thing to do in the lead up to the surgery is to get down to a low weight. So when they liposuc your fat they will end up removing more (less engorged) fat cells. Then, not only will it be ok for you to gain some weight returning to your normal weight, but that weight will go to the untreated areas. And it will be possible to transfer more actual fat cells with more potential for continued growth (rather than fewer cells that are as fat as they will get). Just my two cents.

So yea... get lean in the lead up to the surgery. Allow yourself to return to your normal weight after it.

Regardless of fat retention in my breasts (for...

Regardless of fat retention in my breasts (for which the jury is still out) I'm extremely happy with the results of the lipo. Which is funny because going into the procedure that was the part I was the most hesitant about. I liked the shape of my body and was worried about asymmetry and 'ruts'. But nope. The difference is subtle. Previously, when I've lost weight I've lost it in my hips and breasts, so I would get thinner all over, but I'd look less curvy. Now (post lipo) I have the thin thighs, thin stomach, and thin hips, but my breasts are bigger and my outer thighs have retained their width and a lot of fat came off the narrowest part of my waist so I look thin but with severe curves. It's pretty awesome.

Lipo bruises were gone at ~10 days for me. Their incisions are still visible, but they look like ingrown hairs. The marks around my breasts are (unfortunately) still too apparent for any plunging cleavage without inviting questions.

busting out

yea... I want to do it again. A lot of the research I looked into had women doing it twice... I think that two times would lead to a "perfect" result for me. I don't know exactly how I'd put together the finances for it yet tho and I don't know where I would want fat to be taken from... I'm a lot more concerned about 'lipo weirdness' in sites that have already been harvested. I suspect that the really saggy, wrinkly, weird stomach I've sometimes seen on thin, YOUNG women post-lipo probably occurs when too much fat has been taken.

Another issue is that I don't know how much better I'll tolerate the Brava 2nd time round. Obviously, it will be slightly easier when I'm not sleeping with someone who is against the procedure... but I also just kind of hated the brava. There were a lot of wounds, and poor sleep, and back pain. We'll see. If I do it again, I'll probably invest in some sessions in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. That was something I was considering for the first time, but then I kind of forgot about setting it up.

Some of my prettiest dresses no longer fit. :)

retention voodoo

lately I've been interested in the various ( mostly unproven) tips, tricks, and methods told to us or posited by patients to increase retention. It's such a vague science at this point that much of it seems like superstition. I'm going to list those I've heard and those I'm doing.

- Wear the brava as much as possible before and after

- Don't smoke ( no shit... probably the worst thing you can do... it constricts blood vessels, limits healing...)

- live and eat healthy.

Ok... those sound pretty reasonable. the most suspect is probably using the brava, but it has a lot of support among the doctors. now for the more random ones that I've read about people being told, but not uniformly agreed upon.

- no underwire for 6 months afterwards

- eat fatty foods like avocados, nuts, olive oil

- Don't squish them too much, or sleep on your stomach

- " breast growth" herbs like arnica, fenugreek

- no alcohol or coffee ( fuck you)

- stem cells

- hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments

here's one I invented! :

- maximum nipple simulation to increase blood flow and as a kind of consolation prize for the bf when he wasn't allowed to play rough with them

I'm not following all of those. Just things I've heard 'round the internet. The waiting game is the worst thing. I think we need to feel like we're proactively contributing to the procedure's success.

anyone else know of others?

2 months out

Ok, so the girls and I have just passed two months. Retention hasn't changed since my last update. I'm holding steady at 37.5-38.5 (that is +2.5 to + 3.5 from my lowest pre measurement and -1.5 to -2.5 from my largest post measurement). So that's pretty good. I'll try to get some new pics up at some point.

Yea, I remain a big fan of this procedure. The "you'll be back at work in 3 days" which I've read in different places is a complete joke, but I do think the healing time is way, way better than for implants. I think those take months to fully 'settle' and with this by 1 month everything seemed 90% normal to me. At 2 months it's become very easy to forget that I haven't always had them.

I think the main way to describe the difference is that before I could wear a push up and it push my boobs up and it looked nice and caught eyes, but it was fairly difficult for me to get 'straight line' type of cleavage (also because they were wide set). And now it comes fairly easily. I also used to always fit into 'small' dresses, and now quite a few of those don't even nearly fit in the chest. And the mediums are too big in the centre. Ha... understanding that long time lament of the busty now.

Mild new stretch marks. Trade off.

No panginess at all. I've read about it a lot though. I haven't had that at any point, although they were definitely sensitive for 2 weeks to 1 month afterwards. It took about 2 weeks for them to get 'bouncy' again when I walked and that wasn't super comfortable at first, but now everything feels fine. The sensitivity was similar to what I might feel during some periods.

No real new thoughts on retention. The naturally flowing stem cells of youthful fat might be helpful too. Stimulants (coffee, amphetamines [dexedrine, adderall, vyvanse, etc.], nicotine) all constrict blood vessels and are intuitively considered detrimental. So there's no way around the no smoking thing, even with vapour-based e cigarettes because those usually contain nicotine.

A lot of this is the same for implants tho. Constricted blood vessels significantly raise the risk of capsular contraction, so if you want to do either procedure the right way and have it last and look good, then living healthy post surgery is necessary.

Ok, so someone asks you 'did you get a boob job?' (Although they won't because the difference, however wonderful, is subtle).

And you reply with, 'I just got fat.'

Jkjkjk
You're welcome.

New nudez

Saving some pennies to do it again someday probably.. although my Dr didn't seem to think it was an option to talk about yet. And yea, maybe I will just be content to save or spend on important things... but once more should be perfect lol. No. Yes. Maybe when I'm 30 or something. Hmm.

one more

interesting

How much of a difference fullness/one cup size can make. I've had some serious shade being thrown at my chest lately from other women (including one who already has massive implants.) I used to only get that when wore push up bras. Haven't worn one of those in two months.

.......

I think my ass has gotten bigger.

******************************
And this concludes the latest musing from ~The FT Poet~ !!
(Wonderfully dubbed such by amelia girl)

approaching four months

Worried about gaining weight in my arms and face

oh, and

I continue to not have any lumps.

different bra

maybe last

Ok, 6 months out. Nothing has hanged for a while and I don't predict it will, so this could be my last update.

My feelings about my breasts have changed dramatically.. in large part thanks to my breasts changing shape.. they're bigger, fuller, bouncier, rounder, perkier, heavier, more attention demanding. I haven't felt jealous of anyone else's body since the procedure. I haven't had any negative side effects. My only regret is not losing weight before the procedure.

I do have more stretch marks. iI don't fit into a lot of size small shirts anymore. They are heavier. I still have small spots from the lipo.. I think the ones on the backs of my thighs are the only ones that could be noticed.

I don't have lumps. I don't have pain. I don't worry about rupture or scar tissue or having to replace an implant.

So yea.. all around this has worked out perfectly for me. I think that, when the procedure is done well, it's pretty much perfect. My breasts look and feel 100% natural.. they feel like mine just delicately engineered to be the best version of mine.

If I suddenly come across the money, I may do a second round. Hard to say. At this point, all is well.

Lovely talking to you all.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Hi What ya, how are you doing? It has been a while..how is our real self writer and comedian?? Amelia
Ciao all. Still loving the increased volume. Was recently infused with some cash, so I'm semi planning another round... but I've also moved 3000km, so it might have to be with a different doc, which is complicating matters significantly. Slightly concerned about my backslide into smoking more. Smoking constricts blood vessels. It's probably the #1 worst thing someone can do after a graft. Will try to stop before laying out any new plans. Also concerned that I think I'm carrying more weight in my arms. ugh. Oh wellz. Surgery is will very def a 'worth it'.
cool, thx for update. let us know if u do a 2nd round. And, stop smoking! We care about you...don;t do that to yourself.
Love your review. I'm considering FT as I had my implants removed a year ago and they are pretty empty and the nipples need pushing out. I am petrified of the lipo - i'm thin and really don't need it. I wish that people could donate fat (gross!). Thanks for the info on being as fit as possible as I have been trying to gain weight figuring that they would need to take it from somewhere. Enjoy your new body and thanks.
Hi :) I am about to do this surgery for a second time here in Toronto. I sent a message to your inbox on here. Hope to hear from you soon! Your results look great!
I have laughing out loud reading through your review. Your dr K is one of the surgeons I consulted 5 or 6 years ago about my capsular contractures. Don't think he was doing fatgrafting then. I have had my implants removed 7 months ago and had some fatgrafting, but am going back for more on Wednesday. Doing this in SA. Good luck and keep us posted, your updates are very funny.
Wao0!I wish I had your patience! By the way what do you mean by " My only regret is not losing weight before the procedure"!Does it say if I want to do the same procedure I can't run or joggle again?!
One more question!How much fat did they take from your body?!
Lol, I have no patience. I think around 400cc was transferred in total. You can jog and run and lose weight all you want afterwards, but if you lose it before then the transfer will be more "concentrated" in a way. More fat cells will be transferred because they're smaller when you're thinner. Then... if you gain the weight back after the procedure... your distribution might just be a more extreme version of the results.
Awesome!  You look great!  One question:  how is your lipo?  Is it perfect or any imperfections from it? Please try to update us at 1 year as it it nice to confirm results at a year out and we love to hear from you...so witty!
The lipo has been good. It came from my back, my stomach, my inner thighs, and my thighs below my bum. One stitch (for my stomach) was hidden in my belly button. Two more were at the corners of my public area.. sort of where my underwear sits in front. The marks in my back were hidden in a tattoo. The only noticeable marks might be the ones on the backs of my thighs... but you'd have to be sitting and I'd have to be standing to see them. No irregularities. No ruts, no unevenness. My thighs were VERY stiff for about two months afterwards... it was a pretty extreme regression in yoga ability, but they've recovered now.
Your "girls" look nice! Where are your your injection sites?
Two on the tops, two on the inside, two on the bottoms.. maybe there were more. They look like freckles at this point. The ones in the cleavage were fairly noticeable when wearing anything low cut for a while.
No tea or coffee might be something to do with lowering the oestrogen levels in the body. They say Oestrogen Rich Foods can help with breast growth?
Well there you go. I gave up smoking and underwire at least! When I do it again, I might go all out and try fenugreek and whatever other herbs are rumoured to promote hormonal responses that are hospitable to breast swelling/growth/whatever.
Loved hearing your story. You mentioned dr khouri...were you thinking of going to him originally? I was contemplating going for a consultation with him but I have been reading both good and not so good reviews about him..
I read a lot about him right after I learned about the procedure. I did consider him, but flying down was not going to happen. I found Khouri and Coleman listed as sources of information often. I think those two have written a lot of articles and trained others doctors in this. Khouri seems to be single handedly behind the Brava- the supporting scientific trials came out of his practice and he sells them. (Apparently the device was around for a long time before anyone realized it might be useful for pre expansion before fat transfer. It was Khouri who put those two together, managing the problem of retention and the problem of the Brava not leading to permanent growth.) If Khouri is convenient for you, cool. But I don't think he's worth a flight. Unless you're very thin. He seems capable of harvesting fat from a lot of girls who are thin and would be turned away from other doctors. I'm also not sure about the Brava tbh. I don't think it's at all necessary if the breasts are saggy, but his ft empire is built on that device.
Looking good girl! Glad to hear everything's still going well and you are pleased with your results.
yea... but i also want to have it done again at some point. it helped immensely, but i'd really like for them to be a bit more rounded in the middle. i guess i'm not in a huge hurry. next time i have 10 000 lying around though...
Your bra looks great!  Have your arms & face gained a little weight? I know anything not lipoed can gain.  I definitely feel like my weight went to my stomach, but and waist (around the middle), not great.  My friend who had her stomach and legs done gained in the hips and she is thrilled cause she had no hips.  So, sometimes it works out for some and not for others.
I haven't actually noticed it happening, although someone did make a joke about my arms looking fat in a photo recently. Probably also because I've been living abroad for the last three months and not following a yoga schedule as I need to in order to feel strong and thin and healthy. All in all, things continue to be well tho.
why are u worried about gaining weight in arms and face ? if thats a pssoibility , now am even more excited about getting that FT done also about larger butt thats more exciting! I do need some fat in arms face and butt actually and boobs and less from hips and lovehandle area!
Yea, I mean the equivalent amount of fat you get sucked out could pop up in lots of exciting new places. Hips and bum (and boobs) I'm fine with, face and arms I'm not. It's good you're excited, especially if you're Brava'ing, which requires such motivation. Best of luck!
Thank u! Am not bravaing and yeah its interesting what u said about fat popping up in weird places!
So glad I stumbled across this post as I am expecting to have my lipo/lift-aug/fat transfer in September. Loved hearing your story- and my gawd you made me laugh! :-)