Loved It! Want More - Toronto, Canada

My first photofacial was offered to me for free...

My first photofacial was offered to me for free after having a surgical procedure done by Dr. B in Toronto.

Immediately after, I noticed my pore were really small and clean. Fine lines were less noticeable. I looked more awake. The results lasted 4 months so far in terms of fine lines. My pores are getting a little congested again. I think that I need to find a regular treatment to do in between so my results last longer.

I never had a problem with my freckles and was a little nervous about losing them. Most of them are light anyways and get darker after sun. The photofacial takes them right off! Multiple treatments are needed if you have a lot. I'm going to do another treatment soon. I look at it as though I'm rewinding things. In summer I will should get back less than before as though it was a few summers ago.

Where in TO? I am looking for a place to go . . . .

Hi Marina,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. I'm glad everything turned out well for you, and you can't beat free. Please keep us updated how everything goes. Do you have pictures?

Thanks,

-Britt

I just learned that the treatments I get are IPL,...

I just learned that the treatments I get are IPL, which is not exactly the same as photofacial. It is stronger. Sorry :o

I love IPL and still get them to help with uneven skin tone. Recently I wanted to address wrinkles more so went for a consultation for a chemical peel.The lady reccommended I try Affirm laser since I don't want to take a whole week off while my face looks sunburnt after chemical peel... I am not sure if I will try Affirm because some reviews on here are pretty scary. Then again, so are some of the reviews for IPL. I really feel that you need to have a good specialist.I have had two different ones at the same clinic. I want to make sure I only book with the one. I don't like how they changed specialists on me without telling me (Toronto Cosmetic Clinic NOT dr. Borne's office).

I switched to TCC because they are much cheaper and use the same IPL laser (sciton). The IPL there is $500 for 3 treatments. Affirm is $600 for one! I go for a test spot on the 22nd. I am nervous. I think I will do the spot treatment anyways. Then, maybe I will switch to IPL if it hurts too much. Also I am concerned I may not be ready for Affirm. I am 27 and only have a few wrinkles that mainly show when I am tired or dehydrated. I am thinking maybe IPL + the use of retinol containing products might be better. Any opinions?

Hi blizard,

I get the best deal at Toronto Cosmetic clinic ($500 for 3 sessions). I forget the specialists name that I like the most. She is caucasian with fiar skin and red hair. I do IPL actually which is apparently not the same as photofacial although the terms are often used interchangeably. It is stronger. My skin type is right for this as I am fair. My roomie is chinese with olive skin and they reccommended her skin type is better suited for chemical peel. Not sure if you needed that extra info but hope it helps!
TCC

The lady that does the IPL there is really friendly and knowledgeable.