Loved It! Want More - Toronto, Canada

My first photofacial was offered to me for free...

My first photofacial was offered to me for free after having a surgical procedure done by Dr. B in Toronto.

Immediately after, I noticed my pore were really small and clean. Fine lines were less noticeable. I looked more awake. The results lasted 4 months so far in terms of fine lines. My pores are getting a little congested again. I think that I need to find a regular treatment to do in between so my results last longer.

I never had a problem with my freckles and was a little nervous about losing them. Most of them are light anyways and get darker after sun. The photofacial takes them right off! Multiple treatments are needed if you have a lot. I'm going to do another treatment soon. I look at it as though I'm rewinding things. In summer I will should get back less than before as though it was a few summers ago.

I just learned that the treatments I get are IPL,...

I just learned that the treatments I get are IPL, which is not exactly the same as photofacial. It is stronger. Sorry :o

I love IPL and still get them to help with uneven skin tone. Recently I wanted to address wrinkles more so went for a consultation for a chemical peel.The lady reccommended I try Affirm laser since I don't want to take a whole week off while my face looks sunburnt after chemical peel... I am not sure if I will try Affirm because some reviews on here are pretty scary. Then again, so are some of the reviews for IPL. I really feel that you need to have a good specialist.I have had two different ones at the same clinic. I want to make sure I only book with the one. I don't like how they changed specialists on me without telling me (Toronto Cosmetic Clinic NOT dr. Borne's office).

I switched to TCC because they are much cheaper and use the same IPL laser (sciton). The IPL there is $500 for 3 treatments. Affirm is $600 for one! I go for a test spot on the 22nd. I am nervous. I think I will do the spot treatment anyways. Then, maybe I will switch to IPL if it hurts too much. Also I am concerned I may not be ready for Affirm. I am 27 and only have a few wrinkles that mainly show when I am tired or dehydrated. I am thinking maybe IPL + the use of retinol containing products might be better. Any opinions?
TCC

The lady that does the IPL there is really friendly and knowledgeable.