Out of Town Implants - Toronto, ON

Hello, I live in a Northern community (Thunder By,...

Hello, I live in a Northern community (Thunder By, Ontario).

I am 31 year old mom, I am 5 foot 9 and 145 pounds. I was always small in the chest (34b) but when I turned 30 I went down to an A cup. I have a twin sister who had 2 small children. She had been a D cup for over 6 years, as have all the other women in my family. I always felt like the odd gal out. I had a hard time dressing to look feminine and just didn't feel like a real woman. I decided I wanted curves, so I started researching like a mad woman on all of my options. I interviewed women who had breast implants and what their experience was like, any tips and what the warranty was on their investment. All fingers pointed to going out of town. I visited 2 clinics in Toronto and found Dr. Jurgenburg's to be the most comfortable, the most beautiful and the staff was the most friendly and professional than all the rest. I researched size and struggled with the amount of CC's for a long while. I knew I wanted Saline because it had been on the market the longest, and I knew I wanted the incision under the breast fold so it was easier to hide and had the shortest recovery time. I went in thinking I wanted 300 CC's. I left after sizing with Kim, wanting 500CC's. No one drew any marker on me or touched me which was something I was nervous about. I didn't want to feel judged or inspected and none of that happened. It was such a comforting sizing with Kim. It felt like two women trying on on new bra's and having fun.

My boyfriend and I arrived in Toronto the day before surgery for my last fitting. The clinic ordered me 550 CC Implants because they were going under the muscle where they would get squashed smaller. The 550's would give me the look I wanted. On surgery day I picked up all my meds and went to the clinic right in our hotel. I cried I was soo nervous. Kim was wonderful, and so was my boyfriend. Before I knew it I was in my room again recovering. I was afraid to take the oxi's so I took the T3's which was a big mistake! I was ok when I was laying down but when I went for my first shower I was so shacky and in so much pain I almost fainted. Thank goodness for my boyfriend being soo supportive. I talked to Kim that night and started taking my meds the right way. Take your pain medication the way Kim said to! They give you Oxi's for a reason! I was very sore and uncomfortable and weak for about 3 days after surgery. The clinic lent us a wheelchair so we could still go out while in Toronto. I went for a follow up the day after surgery and got a lesson on massage and support for pain relief as well as comfort. I went from being an A cup to a DD overnight, 550 CC are big and they can be uncomfortable at first.

By the time we were flying home I was feeling better. When you fly after surgery you get motion sickness very easily! Be prepared to throw up on the plane. We told the air line (Porter) and they were super accommodating. They also shuttle right to the hotel Dr. Jugenburg's clinic is in and back to the air port again. I felt like total poop and was nervous to go back to work. I was in Toronto for 3 1/2 days after surgery and was not going back to work until day 8 post op. Kim said that by day 7 I would be feeling better and she was right. On Day 7 everything turned around and I felt well enough to work and was not being medicated all the time. I do Admin. Assisting in a car dealership.
I finally feel sexy!, I feel like a woman. I model as a side hobby and I don't have to have everything pinned in to fit my chest. My sex life is more lively and I feel great! I am very happy with the size I went with and have zero regrets. I followed all the advice on line and didn't really tell anyone I was having the surgery. As people find out it has been very positive. There are always going to be people who don't under stand or are jealous - I just don't let it bother me. Mostly I have found women are interested in the process and confide that they have wanted to do it too.
I did ALOT of research and Dr. Jugenburg's office did an outstanding job preparing both me and my boyfriend for what to expect and how to handle the surgery and recovery.
I have a few follow up apt to do. They are super important - the after care is where the research falls short as most people do not do the one year and every 2 years follow up apts. As I live and work up north - Dr. Jugenburg's office allows me to send pictures and e-mail in the info for the appointments I cannot always make. I plan to be due diligence in maintaining my new investment so they will be in top notch shape for a long long time.
I am at 3 months right now. They are nice and soft, my nipples are still a bit sensitive and I have a bit of left over discomfort under one breast but every day it gets better. During recovery it seamed like it would hurt forever - but everyday got better and they will continue to get better, you just have to be patient like everything else that is worth wait.
August 29, 2012 : A cup to a D cup (after swelling went down) Sometimes a full C cup.
550 CC saline, under the muscle.

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

I decided to use Dr. Jugenburg after researching many clinics including the local one in my town. I found Dr. Jugenburg and his staff to be soo helpful and friendly. They always returned e-mails and phone calls quickly and helped with all of the arrangements for my surgery, including my room. I did one consultation visit and I knew right away they were the ones to help me through my journey. He had excellent reviews, was very accessible on-line. Was just amazing in person! And had the most friendly professional team available! His clinic was modern, clean and bright. Just meeting him was the dream experience. I especially liked not having to go to a filthy hospital to have the procedure done. It felt very safe, caring and comfortable.

Wow, coming up to a year! I am scheduled tomorrow with Dr Jugenburg!! What incision did you get? Thanks for sharing.
Reading your story was like reading my own. I've been wanting to have this procedure done for 15 years. I'm 39 and many think I'm way to old. I think you are never to old to so something that makes you feel better. I'm going to look into meeting with this surgeon.
Thanks for sharing your story. I am also going with the same PS as you and its great to hear good reviews about him.

I'm glad you're happy with your results so far! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf. Your story will undoubtedly help countless others about to embark on a similar journey!