Truly Amazing Result After a 200lb Weight Loss and Massive Excess Skin - Toronto, ON

After a 200lb weight loss from gastric bypass...

After a 200lb weight loss from gastric bypass surgery and 3 children, I was left with a large, unsightly panniculus (apron of hanging abdominal fat). I was so ashamed and embarrassed by this, that I felt it was a huge deterrent to my pursuing any potential new relationship after my separation. I had been scheduled for a tummy tuck with a surgeon in Thunder Bay where I was living at the time, but he kept postponing my surgery due to my persistent anemia. In my frustration, I sought out and in a rather fortuitous series of events, found myself in Dr. Bray's consultation room. He recommended a body lift with a tummy tuck and liposuction, and I was sold. I cannot emphasize enough how grateful I was that I stumbled into his office.

My postoperative results are incredible, the symmetry of my shape, the placement of the surgical scars to the beautiful sculptured shape of my waist, hips and thighs. He is truly an artist, and I a work of art. Now please bear in mind that my procedure was not without postoperative complications. In fact I think I ended up with every single possible complication one can get from this procedure, and I must tell you that both Dr. Bray and his amazing nurse Paulette were wonderfully caring and supportive to me throughout my difficult recovery, in fact going above and beyond what was required of them to facilitate and care for me when I had no other medical support during my postoperative move from Thunder Bay to Toronto. They are both truly caring medical professionals.

Consequently, despite the complications, I am so incredibly happy and grateful for having had this procedure. It was worth every cent I paid, I am not ashamed of my body anymore, and feel once again like a beautiful sexy woman.... Thank-you for that, Dr. Bray.... It means more than you will ever know.

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Explained the procedure to me in detail, answered all of my ridiculous number of questions with patience and thoroughness, was available and responsive to all my concerns postop, and ultimately very caring and supportive to my long and complicated recovery process. Just really a complete surgical/clinical experience the way it is supposed to happen, I felt very cared for and safe.

Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration! Im in the process of my transformation after having bariatric surgery and dealing with the excess skin myself.
Thanks for showing us your results. The video is lovely, I wish it showed the movement live. I bet it's beautiful to watch. I loved the beginning music...artist? How long was it before you were able to dance following your procedure? Did you start with differentnexercises & work up to dance? You look wonderful and your confidence lights you up!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on your weight loss, your after pics look really good!

Sorry to hear about the complications, was your recovery from this surgery particularly painful, or was it just the complications that made it harder?

Not particularly painful at all, and was diligent about taking my regular doses of pain and anti-inflammatory medication as my surgeon prescribed and hence found the pain controlled and tolerable.... The difficult was the resulting length of recovery required due to my wound dehiscence and wound vac- a nuisance and time consuming, and my unfortunate development of Multiple Pulmonary Embolism..... None of these complications had anything to do with the procedure, but unfortunately external factors (wound dehiscence) and having unknowingly developed thrombocytopenia and developing a blood clot and PEs. This was unfortunate, yet still a potential risk, and ultimately unknowable. As a nurse myself, I was well aware of the potential complications, so when they occurred, I took them all in stride. So although my overly ambitious expectation of my recovery was sadly denied, I was otherwise completely surprised by and my expectations exceeded by my post-op result. To say I had realistic expectations, is to put it mildly.... My panniculus was so large and excessive, that to just have that alone removed would have satisfied me.... But Dr. Bray went far beyond that. My figure is beautiful, curvy, and just lovely.... I was very emotional the morning after the surgery when I say my body..... I felt like I had been given an amazing gift....

I'm so glad you got the results you were looking for! The complications certainly don't sound pleasant at all, but at least you were able to come through them all and still have your health and the body you wanted!

Wow, you look INCREDIBLE! Congrats on your result.