LABIA PLASTY Still Very Swollen, is This Normal? – Toronto

Hey everyone, im 21 and need to get back to...

Hey everyone, im 21 and need to get back to waitressing job in a couple days! I've just had labia plasty done six days ago, wedge method, local anesthesia. The swelling has only gotten worse and it won't go down ! Looks like two gigantic slugs are down there. The swelling has not gone down one bit, if anything gotten worse. Tried everything ! My doctor isnt very suppotive please help!! Infection? overdose on local anesthesia ?? what could be the cause?Does the photo look normal to you? I've iced, staying off my feet as much as possible, use a waterbottle while using the bathroom? What else can I do to benefit the healing process!

Update

finnaly at last a lot of the sweeping had subsided, the middle heading downward is still swollen but that hopefully will go down ASAP ! The scaring isn't too bad but still noticible but my doctor said to give it another month and ill barely notice them ! Hopefully all works out its been a crazy journey, I'd say I'm pretty happy so far, hopefully the healing continues to improve in a positive direction !

Not an update *before photo*

Dr. E

He wasn't too supportive during this whole thing...

How are the results now any photos ?? Are you happy??
Looks good! How did it go with the waitressing after your surgery? I want to get it also but I'm scared of the healing process because I'm a waitress as well and I walk a lot at work.
You really should take a few days off minimum if you do it. :)
Looks good. You got more swelling than I got, but the result looks nice. :)
You look fab!!
Thanks for posting the before picture, that really helps to see where you started from, it's encouraging for others.
Hi there: I guess you've been lucky to be operated by a doctor who does the wedge method instead of the trim method by laser. Mine uses only the trim method and inadvertently amputated a big segment of my left lip (3 cm) leaving no tissue for possible correction and make both sides even. Personally I find your result reasonable. At least you still have enough tissue should you need to revise (if you're not satisfied). I would be happier in your place!
Interesting. When I asked had my consultation I asked my doctor if he was going to do it with laser because that's what I read on the internet during my research and he said no because it wasn't safe. My doctor actually created his own method.
What method did he create?
I never asked. You can contact his clinic and ask the receptionist. His name is Dr. David Gerber. He's located in Toronto
i got a trim done, im 6 weeks post, and literally cant see the scars, maybe becuase i have dark skin, i dont think its about what is better between wedge r trim, i believe its simply how got ur doctor is, lookin at my results, i dont think a wedge could have done a better job.
did you have sutures? my doctor told me that dissolvable stitches cause scars on the labia.
yh i got the dissolvable stiches, but i went to a very experienced surgeon, he has worked on the show extreme makeover, his amazing. at only 6 weeks i cant see no scars, and i lierally only had a bit of pain the day off surgey, next day i didnt feel a thing.
Who was your surgeon?
Looking better. :)
Ty! :*
 Your doctor did a fantastic job. :) Huge improvement in the swelling,  Keep us posted.
Thankyou! And yes i will (:
Thank you so much sharing.

How is everything going with your healing and swelling.

Please know that you are able to Ask A Doctor on the site question regarding your procedure.
You are like 2 weeks out. Tell me this swelling went away :)
The swelling has went down a lot but still a little swollen! I will probably post another photo soon with an update !
Healing takes at least 6 months. So be patient. You'll see, in no time the swelling is gonna disappear and your inner lips will look way smaller.
I wanted to ask. Did you go to a plastic surgeon for the labiaplasty? Many women make that mistake. I made sure mine was done by a gynecologist. They specialize in that area. PS do not.
Baloney! Dr Di Saia is a plastic surgeon and does fantastic work. I would let no one else operate on my jewel and I am a nurse.
Mine was done by a famous gynecologist and my surgey went royally wrong! I hope I took my time to shop around.. I should have searched for a certified plastic surgeon to do my so-awaited labiaplasty. It's been a year and I'm still totally traumatized. There is no correction possible..