24 Year Old- Labiaplasty That Turned out Pretty Bad - Toronto, ON

I was very excited to have the labiaplasty...

I was very excited to have the labiaplasty procedure as it was something that had bothered me since I was young.

I found Dr. Jugenburg to be kind but and came across as knowledgeable but I don't think he explained everything to me very well and didn't spend very much time with me.

While I was being prepared on the operating table, he was texting on his cell phone... clearly made me uncomfortable as they were getting me into position for the procedure.

The procedure itself left me with two large, very visible scars on my clitoris, and extremely lumpy uneven labia with scalloped edges. I am having a revision done elsewhere.

Also, while waiting in the office, his staff would gossip to me about how unattractive and overweight some of the clients were and said terrible things about the clients who had been sitting there, but got up to use the washroom. I found it incredibly rude and unprofessional. I should have taken that as a sign to try another doctor!

Overall, based on my experience and results, I would not recommend Dr Jugenburg to anyone.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Dear Jellybean I am sorry your experience at our clinic was not as you expected, and we appreciate your candid feedback, as it helps us improve the service we provide to our patients. I would like to take this opportunity to address a couple of issues. First and foremost the issue of front desk staff gossip. We pride ourselves on the professionalism and respect with which we treat our patients. Our front desk staff have been with us for a long time. They are courteous and respectful. I cannot imagine what you could have overheard that would make you feel they showed any lack of respect for our patients. I would like to be very clear that such behavior would never be tolerated at our clinic, and will never be tolerated. As to the issue of Dr. Jugenburg and the texting, in today's high tech world instead of calling, we send messages to Dr. Jugenburg and that is how the front desk and Dr. Jugenburg communicate. This allows us to ask questions or notify him of what needs to be done, and he is able to reply when he is not busy. So if you see Dr. Jugenburg sending out a reply, please know that is talking with our front desk staff. It is more private and more efficient that calling between the OR and the front desk.