Smart Lipo on Chin, Jawline, Upper/Lowers Abs, and Flanks - Tokyo

I had Smart Lipo on 9/9/2010 in Tokyo Japan. I am...

I had Smart Lipo on 9/9/2010 in Tokyo Japan. I am 41 yrs old and have 1 baby by c-section 2 1/2 yrs ago. Since I was having my chin done, my dr used twilight sedation. I was asleep comfortably for the entire procedure. I didn't take any medication before the surgery, but after was given Dasen (anti-inflammatory), Kefral (antibiotic), and Loxonin(pain). My incisions were closed with stitches and my abs were taped. My husband picked me up after the surgery and I was able to walk to the parking and to the house right to bed. I am a side sleeper, so what hurt the most was my back from having to sleep on it. I took the pain pills for my back not my lipo!

I was very bruised on my flanks and honestly I have had the most pain and lumps there. I did have some bruising on my neck and face, which went away quickly. I did start taking Arnica after the surgery on my own.

I have had some swelling, but nothing like described by many people. My belly has stayed flat the majority of the time and I have never had swelling that would make me look as large or larger than I was pre-op. I started taking Bromelain, although I'm not sure it doesn't anything. I also drink lemon water throughout the day. Since my incisions were closed, I didn't have any draining or swelling due to not draining.

I removed the tape on the third day and had my first shower. I did get light-headed and had cold sweats while trying to get the tape off...it was hard work to get it all off!

My Dr. does ultrasound massages starting 1 week post-op. The massages seem to help with the tightness and lumps. It also felt great afterward. I ended up buying a personal ultrasonic massager, which I use once a day on my abs and face.

So far, I have lost 7 lbs and 3 1/2 inches in my waist. I do workout with a trainer doing strength-training two days a week and I try to do cardio (Zumba or elliptical) 2 times a week. I also have just started yoga once week.

I have to say that my abs are not perfect. I have lumps and I am uneven. I think I will probably have to have a revision to the left side by my belly button. I also have a big crease over my belly button. It didn't appear until after 2 weeks and I think it is due to sitting/slumping. I hope that is will relax, but I don't know at this point. My Dr thinks it will. I do continue to wear my compression garment. I have a Design Veronique garment, which is really comfortable for me. I have ordered a smaller one, since I think the ones I have are getting loser.

My chin is a major improvement. I still wear my compression garment at night, although my dr said I only had to wear it one month. My incisions were behind my ears and are barely noticeable now.

Emotionally, I have had ups and downs. I knew it was normal to feel down or have regrets at some point, but still I couldn't fight it. The hardest part is just not knowing if the lumpiness is going to go away...not knowing when or if a great end result is going to happen.

At this point, 6 weeks, I'm still healing, working out, and trying to eat well.

Although this dr did not speak English. I think he was very skilled. His translator/assistant spoke wonderful English, as well as other staff members.

our tummys look very similar before your surgery. i get mine done next month on the 21st. hopefully mine are as good as yours
Can you tell me the name of the doctor? Or how did you find the doctor.
Thanks

Wow! Great results! You look fabulous. :)

How soon were you able to go back to working out?

Thanks! My dr cleared me to start working out at 2 weeks, but my trainer was on vacation, so I started at 3 weeks post-op. I'm still working back up the the intensity I did before surgery.
Hi! Your lumps look like mine. I am 6 weeks post op. and use an ultrsonic massager too. Do you still have them or do you have to have a touch up? Thanks!