Facelift, Brow lift and Armlift As I Turn 55 by Wonderful Dr Juan Pablo Cervantes ( by Kay )

Expectations are to get rid of my sagging neck,...

Expectations are to get rid of my sagging neck, tired look, and chicken wings. My goal was to keep cost under 10,000 dollars and find a board certified physician who surgery would be done in a accredited hospital in Mexico near T.J, I am in San Diego California. I have multiple consultations from plastic surgeons from Newport Beach to Riverside County and found they were all out of my budget. I had a lap bad done about 6 years ago in Mexico and a wonderful experience and successful procedure. Now to get rid of some long over due droopy skin. Eventually I complete my grandma make over with a tummy tuck! My research led me to Dr. Juan Pablo Cervantes and he Hospital Angeles. I am a nurse, so I very comfortable with my choice . My goal is to take pictures and journal progress and share my experience, as others so kindly have done for me on Real Self.
how are you doing? all good I hope!
Thank you for paying it forward and starting your story here on RealSelf! It looks like yesterday was your surgery day? When you feel up to it, please update us on how you're feeling.
Good luck I hope all goes well for yoy.

Plastic Surgery the attention is in the details! Dr. Cervantes and Dr. Aregon in Tiajuana exceeded my expecttions!

My surgery was 4/11 and went without any complications, I am 7 days post surgery and doing very well.
My face lift-I sill have a little swollen, cheeks, below neck and eyes but not bad, no pain. I feel tenderness in areas and have been applying a ointment that Dr. Cervantes provided me with a light massage to promote circulation and decrease swelling. I also continue to sleep elevated and use my sham strips soaked in ice cold water ( works so good , no dripping) to gently apply to the puffy areas. I take the medications as the doctor ordered on time using the Rx containers pre set-up so not to miss any. I wear sun glasses and scarf while out in sun to protect the incision sites. I also drink a protein shake every morning to promote healing. I have areas of numbness by my ears and cheeks , I also feel some nerves waking up and tingle with a buzz, but tolerable. The bruises are going away so fast, I believe a healthy diet, no smoking and following pre op instruction help but not as much an plastic surgeon that is such a perfectionist and put attention to the detail to make sure he takes care of the bleeding during surgery and has a skillful touch!
My Arm lift- I continue day 7 post surgery to have some swelling and soreness at the incision site, with limited range of motion ,but looks like it is healing well, no sign of infection just finished my antibiotics. The incisions still have these very secure steri-strip type bandages, right behind posterior armpits ,I have a small area where the drainage tubes were and today no longer any drainage. I can move my arms as long as no heavy lifting, pushing or pulling. In 3 more weeks I can begin more stretching a easy work outs. So far so good!

Face lift Pictures for Kay - Surgeon Dr. Cervantes

First 5 days post-op Face lift

Before pictures

Hated my gobble neck and tires looking eyes
Good to hear from you and glad you are doing well!! Your expertise as a nurse must be helpful for you to have a sense of what to expect in recovery. Your bruising looks so much reduced even at Day 5!!
Angie how do I upload a video? P.S I love this site it was so helpful to me during my investigative stages and loved all the words of advise shared :) Kay
Hi Kay,

I'm covering for Angie while she's on vacation. :) To add a video, click the "Add an Update" button like you normally would and then click "Add Video". An empty box will appear where you can paste the embed code from a video sharing site like YouTube.

Here's a visual of the process. Please let me know if you run into any trouble!

Cheers,
--Sharon

one month post Face lift and Arm lift update

After on month
FACE LIFT
1. Eyes may be puffy in the morning
2, Areas especially around the cheek and ears may still be numb
3. Ears can still be painful to the touch and difficult to lay on.
4. Top of head from brow lift tender and feeling like glasses are on your head

3. Achy if I lay on them to much
4. Range i can move them getting much better
5. Scares still tender to the touch, but getting better
6, Certain clothes may be irritating to the incision under arms
This procedure harder than the face lift
I am sharing my progress so others can be prepared for the journey, my Dr Cervantes sbd Dr Aragon did a great job, I am very pleased.
Looking good -- any arm lift photos?
I always hid my arms in long loose sleeves , I was very self conscious. But I have this photo my sister took on a summer day that shows a side view. I will post, and then see if I can get what picture the doctor may have. But for now I will post the one I have.

Arm iift pictures

I did not realize how self conscious I was about my arms till I try to find a before pictures. I always covered them with long sleeves or stood behind people. I also noticed I do not even really talk about them much.DENiAL,,,
but here is a side photo that shows how big my arms were, sorry a little blurred. Once I get a copy of the pictures at doctors I will also post.
No not having -- just always curious what they look like -- incisions --healing process. Thanks for posting
I know how you felt. I keep my arms covered at all times.
I updated with pictures of arms click on the pictures to get a full view. Are you considering that procedure?

let the compliments begin!

Today I am over 4 week's on my face lift and armlift and I had started going to a new bank 8 weeks ago, teller asked me if I had new haircut, or color, which I had not. She said I looked younger and more refreshed. I confessed my plastic surgery. She said it was perfect and I looked great!
Yes ... You look so young and fresh ... Keep bouncing your new you and you will look much better as you healed ... Happy for you ... Thanks for your update ... Happy healing my sis
You look awesome!
Conrats on your arms and face. You look refreshed and so happy. Hope you continue to heal properly and just be patient,it takes a lot of time to heal. Looking good B
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Surgery went great, process was easy, no problems in Tiajuana Mexico Dr. Cervantes and Dr. Aragon were the best! They were giving attention to the smallest details, and answered all my questions going above and beyond my expectations.The staff so caring and professional. Yolanda walked me through the process and always keep reassuring me not to worry that they were the be safety first team and she was right, I was in the best of hands, my recovery was smooth and the results are awesome, only 6 days past my surgery and doing great, I will upload pictures very soon, stay tuned, Thank you and mucho gracias Dr. Cervantes and team. I will be back for my yummy tuck in 1 year. Yours truly Kay and Steve