Extended Tummy Tuck, with Lipo and Bbl - Tijuana, MX

I have been reading and following many of you on...

I have been reading and following many of you on here the past year and have finally decided to go ahead and do it! I just booked my appointment with Dr. Cardenas and I am so excited and nervous. Initially I was just going to have a tummy tuck but the Dr. Cardenas recommended the lipo and fat graft to my butt for the best outcome. I hear so many different stories about liposuction and I wonder if it is safe for me because I have mild high blood pressure (but is controlled with medication). I trust she knows what shes doing. I am on my way today to get my blood work and EKG! Wish me luck...

I am excited and nervous...everything is ready. I...

I am excited and nervous...everything is ready. I faxed over my blood work and ekg and eveything looks good! I wonder how many surgeries Dr. Cardenas performs in one day. I hope I am the first one in to get it over with, haha. I plan on posting before and afters just have to figure out how. Does anyone know if US customs gives people a hard when you tell them you are oging over to Tijunana for surgery? I heard they ask more questions when coming back. I am going back to Canada so I am not sure what I tell them about this trip, do i say I am travelling for surgery or for leisure?? I dont need them trying t stop me from going to Tijuana or asking me 100 questions when upon my return...or maybe they see this all the time and I have nothing to worry about. Can someone please tell me there experience with customs and what they told them....

Hello girly's I am so excited this week for my...

Hello girly's I am so excited this week for my surgery. I have been taking my vitamins and exercising 6 days a week. I go through phases of excitement and fear! I started reading about people who had tummy tucks and are battling on going infections....this scares me so much. I am hoping the Cipro they give will whelp keep infection away. Can anyone share their experience with the spinal anesthesia? Do you remember being in the or? Did you feel numb right up to your chest? Do they sedate you first and you not remember anything?? LOL I am such a chicken BUT I am not backing down. ***TEAM CARDENAS***

I am 18 days away!! Yikes..I wrote Fatimeh today...

I am 18 days away!! Yikes..I wrote Fatimeh today is a big panic. I dont know what to do...I havent been losing the weight I planned to but I dont want to change my date. I have been weighing myself at home and working out twice a day for over an hour everyday...but early this week I decided to weigh myself on a doctors type scale and it on THAT one I weigh more then I thought! I hope my home scale isnt wrong but chances are the doctors one is the correct one...this really upsets me because although I am under Dr. Cardenas cut off for weight (200lbs). Most of my weight is in my stomach and breasts and I wear a size 14 pants.. I know the more I weigh the more risks I have! What should I do people??. I want to keep my surgery date,,,maybe I will just keep working out and eating healthy and hope for the best when my surgery date arrives!

I HAD TO POSTONE MY SURgERY

I have not been on for a while due to personal family problems...I am saddened to share that I could not make my surgery and had to rescedule it for October 9....I have made some great friend son here and am so happy to see they have gotten their surgeries the week I had planned to get mine. At the same time I am soooooo disappointed that I am still on this SIDE on not on the flat side. It is heart breaking to watch all my friends be so happy with their results and I am still here waiting.. The next time I am able to get work off isnt until October so I guess I will have to wait. I would love to hear some updates...UGHH, I guess now I will have to redo all m y medical tests....Taek care everyone and I hope all your healing goes well and that time flies for me :)

Surgery October 29th!!

I am now in for October 28th..I told Fatimeh if I chicken out this time I will simply not reschedule anymore. I cannot keep stressing and cancelling. I am excited ad h ave bee trying for some time to lose more weight because the results will be better. I am torn between losing weight and eating healthy. If I diet I worry I am not getting enough nutrients. There must be a way to do both! I would appreciate any info or advice that may help...I am SUPER excited and keep trying to be positive!

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

In exactly 2 weeks I will be getting surgery! I have so many mixed emotions but more excited than anything. I still need to pick up a few things. Can anyone give me a any ideas on how they managed their luggage in the airports post surgery? I plan on taking some a medium size suitcase I can pull on wheels and will make sure it is not too heavy. If anyone can offer any info or tips I would greatly appreciate it.

ONE MORE WEEK!!!

In only a week it will be my turn...I caught a stupid cold from one of my children and I hope it is gone by the time I leave :(...I would not want to have to cancel again...It cost me a extra $400 for flight changes each time! Also my luck could not get any worse...I just realized I will be on my darn period on my surgery date. Did any of you ladies have surgery while menstruating?? How do they deal with that??? I am all prepared and am trying to keep positive. I have looked up risks, complications and all the gory stuff...(I really have to stop torchering myself) I was so nervous last week but it almost seems I am more calm this week. I guess I have finally quietly submitted to my decision. It is something I really want and I also feel my stomach needs this. I am still on the fence about bbl with tummy tuck...I keep reading where it is best to stage them and it puts up risks of surgery itself. I am at a point in my life where I am healthy and I think there is no time like NOW....this is the youngest and healthiest I will ever be so I might as well get er done while I can enjoy living in my body for once rather than hiding the rest of my life.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Saw dr c last thursday, she said she wouldnt be doing bbl with tt anymore because results arent as good. I didnt have bbl. I got my period a few days after. It gets messy. But you will have to get your period anyways so u will be having to deal with it and the compression garmemt at some point. Best of luck!
Stay positive! Stay strong!!! DO NOT Cancel, else you might regret it. We all are over the moon, you deserve the happiness this brings, eat super healthy and exercise, no need to diet, just avoid all thats not right! Ill be messaging you!
Thank you so much Anna you have been a strong source of encouragement and NO I wont cancel...I am ready for this. Months of preparing and it is time to finally get this rite of passage behind me
Hi! I also rescheduled with Cardenas for October 4th. I'll be staying at the BCRH so I'll most likely see you there :) I was scheduled for may 29th but had to change my date... Anyway I'm on a weightloss mission too :) I hope all is well on your side :)
Things are good...you must be excited that your date is coming up very soon! Keep in touch
It will! Ill reply to you when I get home. Too many typos from phone!
How do you contact her?? I want to send her my pics.
Still having it done?
How are you doing? Kept your sx date?
Spinal? Like when you have a Csection? Arent you going to be completely under? I dont want to be awake for this
Fatimeh said peridural, similar to the epidural but you won't be awake. They will give you something to make you sleep.
I cant find peridural when I google it??...It must be a high epidural since they are operating as far up as our chest.
I had an spinal for my csection. I was awake for it and it was uncomfortable. There was a lot of pressure in my chest and i felt it up to my neck and my head while they put me back together. Afterward I think i had a headache but mostly I remember my face being so itchy. I couldnt stop rubbing it. I used a wet ray and by the 2nd day I had rubber my face raw!
Well I double checked on the email from Fatimeh and thats what it said, i checked to see if I had made a mistake this is what was wrote "La anestesia es Peridural , que es algo parecido a la Raquea" I don't know if you ladies read spanish.
With my sons c section I just remember being way too cold and shaking a lot
It says "the anesthesia is epidural which is similar to a spinal."
Hi, Im having pretty much the same procedures as you are. You will be staying the night before your surgery the 20th at the RH right? I will be there and be about 3 full days post op. Come see me. Hopefully I wont look like hell and scare you haha.
That's good to hear! I will definately come to see you..I will be so nervous the night before my surgery but I dont think it will scare me, I think it will help me :) Anna you will be resting at the clinic wen I get there ... How many days are you staying April in AZ?
Ill be leaving the 24th
I am not rubbing lotion but I am taking prenatal vitamins. They have a higher amount of all vitamins and minerals including iron!
I will buy them then!
I forgot to ask you, are you rubbing lotion in your body twice a day and taking iron pills?
I am booked for May 20. My surgery is at 8 am. Fatimeh said ill be the first one of the day. I get the tt and breast implants. You can ask them what time you going in and what turn you get. Where are you coming to get the surgery from? Have no worries at all from customs when leaving. Mexican customs will only stop you if u get red light which is rare but if you get stopped they will only check to see if you are taking new things to sell loke clothes, shoes, perfume, or electronics. Dont worry at all. When going back make sure dr. C gives you a medical pass so you dont have to wait in line for hours. Just say you had surgery or went to the doctor. Dont worry about that either!
I will have to ask them what time mine is...I am very curious. I never knew about medical pass so thanks for that tip :). Thanks for the info..I wont have to worry about Mexican and US customs...I hear its Canadian customs that are hard to deal with when I arrive back in Canada...strangely enough.
Are you going back by car?