2.5 WEEKS POST OP - BBL w/ Dr. Pantoja

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for over a year now...

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for over a year now and have finally decided to go through with a BBL.

STATS
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 150 (my heaviest :-/)
Measurements: 31.5 (under bust), 30.5 (waist), 40 (hips)

At first I was a little hesitant with going to MX, but I feel better now. This site (and MMH) has been extremely helpful with my preparation as well as some of the things to expect. I choose Dr. P based on the results from body types similar to mine.

I’m about 1 week out and sooo anxious to get...

I’m about 1 week out and sooo anxious to get this over with. My only concern is my iron level, which I’m hoping and praying will be ok for surgery. I’ve been taking iron pills since May and increased my green veggies + OJ. I also just recently started eating pumpkin seeds (pepitas) since they concern a high amount of iron.

I feel like I’m taking too much! Here’s my list:

Thermometer
Hibiclens
Neosporin
Tylenol
Muscle Relaxer
Bromelain (for swelling)
Arnica Montana (for bruising)
Lanacane (for itching)
Laundry Detergent
Chux (bed pads)
CoCoa Butter
DMSO (to dissolve lumps?) + Cotton Balls

I do not have a clue as to how many ccs I want; I just know what I want my body to look like afterwards. I’m a visual person and since Dr. P doesn’t speak much English, I’m going to take pictures of the shape that I want – front, side, and back. I’m also going to take photos of what I do not want. I’ve seen quite a few pictures of his work and the ladies seem to have a “shelf” look. I’m not sure if all of them requested this, but it is something I definitely do not want. I want a gradual slope.

On my way to TJ!

On my way to TJ!

Ok, ladies I'm out and so far so good! TUES,...

Ok, ladies I'm out and so far so good!

TUES, JUN 26 - DAY OF SURGERY
My appt. time was 9:30am. Nadia took me to have my labs done when I arrived. My hemogloblin was at 14!!! I guess my spinach, 65mgs of iron 2x day, and pumpkin seeds paid off. My EKG was done about a hour after that. I wasn't actually seen until around 12:30. Dr. Pantoja was really nice and sweet. So was his staff: Nadia, Ruth, Susanna, and two other nurses. The doctor explained the procedures and marked up mybody. I also had a chance to show him pictures of what I liked.

After that, I was taken to the operating room and given a sedative via IV and epidural in my back. My hubby stated Dr. P updated him on my progress around the 2hr mark. I was in surgery approx. 4hrs. I awoke about 5hrs later back in my room. I wasn't in pain. Dr. P checked back on me that night around 9:30 before he left. My hubby stayed the night w/ me and the nurse checked on me about every 2hrs. The most uncomfortable part was the draining. I had the nurse change my pads about 4xs that night.

RESULTS
He gave me 500ccs in each check and removed 3 liters of fat. I was dissapointed at the number at first, but then I saw my silhouette in the mirror and am content. I told him to give me a natural shape and he did. I'll post photos on sat when I get home and have access to my laptop (on iPad).

WED, JUN 27 - DAY 1 POST OP
I woke up around 6:30am and still wasn't in pain. (granted, I barely moved when I laid on my side and stomach.) I was given jello, yogurt w/ granola, and fruit for breakfast. Dr. P arrived around 10am to check on me. Shortly after that, Nadia gave me my meds (motrin 800) and antibiotics. Total $93. The nurses then put me in my garment. Dr. P had one of his workers drive us back to the hotel as well vs. taking a cab. I'm sure the pain will hit me later, so I'm about to put these meds in my system.

I met jasminee too, and she's doing well! =)

THURS, JUN 28 - DAY 2 POST OP Yesterday, was...

THURS, JUN 28 - DAY 2 POST OP
Yesterday, was fine. I even showered. The amount of blood from the drains is disgusting. I washed the garment that was given to me by the doctor and changed into one I purchased. I also wore my lipo-foam which made a huge difference regarding the lumps. I had difficulty sleeping b/c I could not get comfortable. This morning I work up and my arms and hands were swollen. I showered again and changed back into my original garment...which was hell! Thank goodness my hubby is here to help me out b/c it was hard to get the garment back on. I've been taking: Motrin 800, antibiotics, arnica tablets, bromelian, and iron. I tried the Kava Kava muscle relaxant pills yesterday, but I don't think it helped. I've also been applying the topical arnica cream to my stomach and bruises.

My stomach feels weird (reminds me of rubber) and it's very sensitive to touch. I have my 1st massage today and it may be tough for me.

I've been walking fine but just around my room. If I move certain ways, it feels like my skin is burning and ripping. The hardest part is getting in and out of the bed w/o moving my body too much.

I'll update after my massage.

I just finished my massage w/Maribess (sp?) and as...

I just finished my massage w/Maribess (sp?) and as everyone has already said, it hurts! I was a trooper and didn't cry. She was sweet and gentle. I'm glad she was able to come to my hotel room. I was nervous about my stomach, but my sides hurt more. She had me lay on my back first, then each side, and finally she had me sit on my butt to drain my back while she massaged it. I had a ton of fluid in my lower back area. After she finished, I immediately felt better and lighter. I have another appt. with her tomorrow.

FRI, JUN 29 - DAY 3 POST OP Nothing much to...

FRI, JUN 29 - DAY 3 POST OP
Nothing much to report. Dr. P removed my drains. I had my 2nd massage and the pain was still the same. I had a lot of fluid build up in my lower back as well.

SAT, JUN 30 - DAY 4 POST OP
I woke up feeling like I was hit by a train. I took a Motrin and walked around for about 10 minutes and the pain eased. Sleeping has been a pain in the ass...as getting comfortable is hard to do. I took my measurements and they are around the same, but I have A LOT of swelling.

PAIN The abdomen pain feels like you have a scab...

PAIN
The abdomen pain feels like you have a scab underneath your skin that rips open every time you move/stretch, cough, sneeze, etc.

THURS, JUL 5 – DAY 9 POST OP Hi ladies! I just...

THURS, JUL 5 – DAY 9 POST OP
Hi ladies! I just finished working an event for work. I was on my feet for approx. 7 hrs straight and surprisingly held up well. I tend to only feel pain when I’m getting up from lying down for a long time. I officially go back to work on Monday.

I had a massage yesterday and it was soooo different than with Maribess in TJ. The therapist (male btw) used a really light technique and it did not hurt at all! He even explained the lymph system to me and how it flows. Weird, but I swear I felt the toxins shifting in my body. My next massage is on Saturday and he asked me to bring my arnica cream for him to use.

My drain holes are pretty much closed now. My va-jay-jay and pubic area were sooo swollen, but they have gone down since yesterday. One side is more swollen than the other. :-/

It took me a few days to perfect putting my garment on, but once I figured out that it was MUCH EASIER to button the garment top>down vs. down>up, it has been a breeze! My garment has become my security blanket. I feel so much better when I am in it vs. out. It may be the feeling of being compressed since I’m still swollen. The straps are annoying though. I usually let them hang vs. wear them.

FRI, JUL 13 - 2.5 WEEKS POST OP Hi ladies, sorry...

FRI, JUL 13 - 2.5 WEEKS POST OP
Hi ladies, sorry for the delay. I stopped pain meds around Day 10 I think. Currently, no pain but I tend to get a little stiff if I am laying for awhile. My original garment is such a pain to wear w/clothes. I have a black body shaper (in pics) that I ordered ($13) from ebay that I have been wearing instead. I need to order a waist cincher so I can switch to just that.

I am still swollen (stomach, back, pubic area) but not as much. On side of my pubic area is more swollen than the other. One side of my labia was HUGE for about the first week and a half. It has gone down significantly, but it's still larger than the other side. :(

I've had a total of 4 massages (2 in TJ/2 @ home) thus far. I have my 5th scheduled tomorrow.

I can't fit any of my work pants (no stretch) but I can still wear my skirts and jeans.

I have sat down a few times, but I had no choice. :( I returned to work this week (Day 13) and I had mtgs galore! I couldn't take a bobby or yoga mat into a board room. Speaking of these items, they are uncomfortable! I have to fold my bobby in half to give me enough support/lift to sit on it at work. I tried driving with a rolled yoga mat and it wore out after a few times. Now I'm using a rolled throw pillow ($3) that is still in the bag from Ikea. This seems to give me more support under my thighs while I drive.

I'll try to take some pics at 3 weeks.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

pics please!!
Hi, thanks for your updates. Wondering how you're doing now? Are you happy with your results? I'm officially 2wks post-op and feeling pretty much back to normal except for tingling around my lower back/flanks. Did that go away for you? Did you continue with massage treatments? Do you think they were helpful?
Hey there...Great to hear things went well... Can you send me some of your before and after shots?
Anybody having sx on April 2013? I know lm:) l would like to have a buddy thou my hubby can't go with me and that's killing me l don't want b all alone n tj!!!! So let me know my email is santoyocecy@aol.com lm planning to stay t Grace RH, lm sooooooo happy and nervous at the same time :(
Hi I am going April 11
Can you please tell me which hotel you stayed during your recovery. i dont want to use recovery house Dr P. sent me cause they like $700 something a week, one was $6.000 for the 2 weeks. like hell no. that will be twice more then my sx. i just want a nice, clean comfortable and affrodable hotel not too far from the Dr office.
what is DMSO (to dissolve lumps?) ? Im thinking I will look into that for round 2?
How large was your waist prior to want a round two! I'm 5'6' 160 my waist is 34 n I'm wishing to go town to 26 but I have scoliosis which hunch me down and makes my waist larger!
It was about 34 ..now its 28 maybe even 29 becsuse I know ive gained some weight
I'd really love to see some pics. I'm going on April 12!
Hi there can you update us on how your doing with pictures please.

Hi there, just checking in and seeing how everything is going. It's been a while since your last update. Hope everything is healing well!

Hey there.. Has your stomach smoothed out yet? My stomach is buldged and lumpy. Its sooo swollen. Looks flat in cloths but I couldnt show it.. Have you been getting massaged??
No I haven't but i definitely need one. I am swollen bad also. I still have my drains in and still getting fluid ovef 25cc still. When do i take the tape off my breast? When can i pull this dame drain its so so in my way. Cant wait to take a bath. Im just over 19 days. Cant excerise but try to keep mh calories intake at least 1000-1200
Well ladies its finally my turn. Monday July 16 I will be in surgery so pray for me. I don't know what to do with myself. I fly out Sunday so happy it almost over.
Good luck, Sassy22! You'll see that it will be painful at first, but in the end, results are totally worth it. Precisely on Monday I'll be 3 weeks out and I feel great by now. No pain, no bruises, nice shape and the only inconvenience is the garment that I wear day and night, but for the long run results it's a very small price to pay. Don't feel anxious or scared, it will be fine. Keep me posted on how you're doing. :)
What garmet is that? I want a black one with regular straps.. the straps on the one pantoja gives are too damm thick an diggin in my arm pits
Tell me about it! It's hard to wear the Marena garment w/reg clothes. When I do wear it w/clothes, I fold the back area/straps down to tuck it in the back then smooth it out. When I sleep in it, I put a fitted tank over it then take the straps off. This way, the tank still holds the garment up.

I ordered a "Black Cupless Zip Front Body Shaper" from the 'thelingerieoutlet' on ebay for $13. This is my 2nd garment when I need to wash the Marena one. I'm wearing the blk one more though.
Ima look that up cause I hate these straps an in cloths it looks like i have a diaper on
Nice shape
Thanks!
Congratulations Mxgal I will be having my surgery done July 16 and so excited to get it o er with happy healing

Hey girl @visual.one! We're BBL buddies, I had my surgery on Monday the 25th in Mexico too, but w/ Dr. Pérez Cerezo, i definitely recommend him. It's cool to see that we're going through the same pretty much at the same time. This week I started taking massages and boy, they hurt! However, I feel great once they're over. I'd love to talk with you to stick together... I don't really know anyone else who has undergone this type of procedure. Anyway, please feel free to contact me :) so that we can share our feelings and concerns.

Regards,

Hey Mxgal! How's your healing going?
@visual.one---happy healing. I will probably go back to the same Dr. that will be doing my TT. I am just reading different blogs on lipo w/ BBL...havent really decided yet if I am really going to do it. Right now just counting down to my TT on August 31. I am in Florida, going to Dr. Glassman, my niece referred me to him, she had phenominal results w/ her TT.