Lapband to Vertical Sleeve - Tijuana, Mexico

I have lost 30 pounds with a lapband, I had many...

I have lost 30 pounds with a lapband, I had many issues, only 2 cc in my band. I am going to Dr Filipe in TJ Mexico in October to have a vertical sleeve surgery. I hope I won't regret it!!!!! I had to have my band defilled completely for a year. I have been having .2cc at a time and every 3 months have to have a fill and travel over 4 hours there and back. I just want to have a surgery and not to deal with the nonsense. I had to pay 16G for the band in Canada.

I had the lap-band done in 2008. So far, I've only lost about 40 lbs. It's been depressing and frustrating. Today, I found out that my band is leaking. Regardless of which procedure I chose, I have to have surgery. Thinking of getting the sleeve but still unsure. Going to meet with the surgeon on Friday to discuss my options. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't have gone with the lap-band.
A gastric sleeve procedure is definitely more effective than a gastric band. However, sleeve is more invasive and not reversible. I still advise against having any kind of surgery out of country. It is not because of poor surgical techniques; mostly because of lack of after care.
You are not speaking from experience obviously. I had 4 surgeries here and my after care was 10 times better then Canada

removed my lapband

So on April 17th I removed my lapband and feel soooo much better. Now I am saving up to have my VS. Can't wait.
Hi Freespirit63 - I had my surgery done in TJ Mexico also with Dr. Almanza who totally rocks! I had no complication nor did any of the others who was in my group. I tell everyone I know about Dr. Almanza. You can read my whole truthful story on my profile. Everything is not brand new or look the best but it is clean and GREAT WORK!!! My friend is so excited about my weight loss (sometimes I think more than me!) that she has now decided to go to Dr. Almanza also. I just posted if there is someone who is going to TJ or Dr. Almanza around the end of Sept. or Oct. of 2013 let me know. She is tight on money and you can get a discount on his $4750 sales price now of 2 people paying cash $350 or 3 people paying cash $500 so if you are looking check his website out and get in contact if you need a roomie. Good luck with any direction you choose to go and I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey. Rock that body! Lisa
I plan to go in mid November to pay cash. Only because I have to wait for passport. He did my cousins sleeve. I may go to Garcia Genova. Either one is great. If we can save $ ill go to almanza.
No thank you. I trust the choice I made.

Got my date

I have chosen January 7th to be my date. Pre-op diet was tough. Surgery went well and I am recovery in Beauty Care Recovery House which is part of my package. Being pampered by taken care by nurses is wonderful. Met many post sleevers here who are now undergoing cosmetic surgeries with my favourite Dr Cardenas. I am 11 pounds lighter and will never look back.
Dr. Filipe Garcia

I had plastic surgery done in TJ with Dr Cardenas and trust her judgement and skills. She recommended Dr. Filipe Hurtado. He performs mostly on locals but also had a wide range of Canadian and American patients.