Help!! Going to TJ What to Expect and Who's the Best Dr? - Tijuana, Mexico

I've been doing some homework but would like to...

I've been doing some homework but would like to ask for personal experiences with Tj and the doctors there? I need to decide quickly as I am planning having this at the end of the month. I have narrowed it down to Dr. Bucio, Dr. Fuentes and Dr. Salas. They all have different suggestions and this adds more to the confusion some say I need a lift and others say I can do with just implants they just need to be a larger size D. I am also scared of the tumy tuck scar and pain.

Finally booked my mommy makeover with Dr. Salas....

Finally booked my mommy makeover with Dr. Salas. It is scheduled for Nov 26, 2012 the date is coming quick. Though the other Dr's seemed great Bucios office did not have great customer service could never talk to anyone after sending my pictures they were to busy to talk to me. Dr. Fuentes would have been my second choice but quoted me a much higher price. Dr. Salas staff was very friendly and helpful they answered all my questions and everytime I called. Dr. Salas has excellent before and after pictures on his website. I was pleased to know that he is very experinced he also has many videos on you tube that helped me make a better decision that I would be in good hands.

Hello so I finally had my surgery yesterday..I've...

Hello so I finally had my surgery yesterday..I've been very sleepy. I opted not to have a tummy tuck instead I had breast implants and my nose done. The pain is very minimal just uncomfortable. I'm able to move my hands with ease, I am very swollen and bruised on my face. Overall the surgery was not as bad as I thought it would be. The Docotor came to see me this morning and his staff have been great. I decided to stay in his clinic for an extra charge with nurses taking care of me. Now its a matter of time for the final results! Almost wish I would have done the tummy tuck too but was very scared maybe next time.
Dr. Jose Luis Salas Martinez

Internet

I've seen his work and he does a horrible job! I recommend dr pena, dr saldana, or doctor Gamboa I went to him for butt inplants it's been 4 weeks and I love my results!
Where are you staying?
Hello I stayed at Dr Salas Clinic they have rooms at an additional charge the first night is free.
Was wondering how your rhinoplasty results are? Would you recommended Dr.Jose Luis Salas Martinez? I want my rhinoplasty done in Tijuana. Please let me know
Do not go with that Dr. for Rhinoplasty please! I made the mistake to go there, and I got horrible results. I know you are probably thinking of saving money, because here in US the prices are outrageous, especially if you have functional problems like I did. So my insecurity was always a hump that I had on my nose, I thought it was something easy to correct, and I trusted this guy who had done some work on my moms friend...long story short, I am a little over one month post op....The hump I had is slightly gone, I have the left side of my nose real tight and the right side of my nose relaxed...besides that, he broke the bones on the side of my nose, but its only broken on my right side...Yes I got rid of my profile problem, but I have a crooked nose from the front, and a very projected tip that make my nostrils really scary. Now I wish I would have invested more money with a different Dr. that would have experience on doing noses....By the way he was very arrogant when I told him about the shape of my nose, and he answered that only God can do things perfect. He does not take pride on his work, he does not care how you will look like after the surgery...I asked when should I come back for my other check up, and he said no more. Of course he did not like the fact I pointed out his mistakes.
PEACHES13, I just had my BA done with this doctor I would NOT RECOMMEND him to anyone. I know exactly what you are talking about. I asked for a Size D implants and he ended up giving me smaller. He is extremely arrogant and condescending. Makes you feel like you are an idiot for asking questions. At least he came to see you after surgery. I didn't see him after my first meeting. Matter of fact, I can't say for certain that it was even him who performed the surgery on me. I paid for my first and only night stay at the clinic. They did not give me any after care instructions and they did not give me the medication for which I paid $100 dollars for. I went there by myself and was treated like crap by Dr. Salas Martinez. He does not care what the patient wants, he will do what he wants and will not admit nor fix his mistakes. He actually laughed at me when I asked for size D implants. He ended up giving me size C's. Not the projection I wanted at all. I am so upset.
Omg! Im sorry you are going through this, I only saw him once, he did not allow me to do any follow up appointments as I'm sure he knew the mistakes he made with me. He was probably trying to avoid me asking for revision or my money back. This guy is the worst, he is very irresponsible, he does not care at all about his patients. He has no respect. I went through panic attacks and depression. I still can't forgive myself for not doing enough research on him, there are plenty of bad reviews on him.
I saw a post of someone who was going to him after my experience with him. I tried to warn her. At first it seemed like she got the results that she wanted but now she is noticing that one breast is significantly smaller than the other. Check out her profile her user name is: justwanttobehappy. I think we should create a special page for Jose Luis Salas Martinez. His work is shotty and he is careless among many other names that come to mind.
Hi AzLatina, I hope your recovery is going well. I agree with you. This guy is totally careless, I can not forgive myself for going to him, I really don't know what I was thinking off, I am still horrified every morning I look at myself in the mirror I'm reminded of my mistake, at least you can cover your boobs with clothes, but for me, it's my face :( ... I read comments online on how he gives his patients to his assistants to do the surgery instead of him, I also read how a patient died on a liposuction procedure, and they blamed the patient for it, saying that she didn't follow the pre op instructions, I was so unfortunate to have found those comments after I got my surgery, otherwise I wouldn't have gone. They refused to give me any paperwork, he basically refused to do any follow up check ups on me. I just got robbed by this nasty man.
I am really sorry you went through that. Have you looked into getting your nose corrected somewhere else?
Hello ...the same thing I went through with this dr salas I went for butt implants I told him exactly what I wanted in size and shape he said I was going to obtain the results that I wanted well let me tell you o didnt see a ddifference my pants fit the same my butt seem to be exactly the same size ..that sameday of the asurgery I told the nurse that I didnt see the size that I expected to see and she said I was swollen ..hmmm yeah right ! So I went to the follow up and I told him that I wasn't happy he said he was sure I was going to be happy after the swollen came down well guess what one of the stitches poped open and I got an infect and went to the dr in my town and ended up with a bill I called them and tje assistant karla would not give me a straight answer and avoided my calls totally not professional email after email and they never replied I feel robbed and pissed of hes a careless dr...
staying at a recovery house beauty care for 7 nightd
i will be staying at a recovery house for 8 nights.

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! My two cents is to not rush this. Take your time to choose the best, safest surgeon whose goals for you align with what you want.

I hope you'll continue to keep us updated throughout your journey.

Thanks Angie :) will do!
I will be going to Dr. Cardenas I wish you the best of luck!!
Dr. Cardenas in Guadalajara?
No in Tijuana Mexico
What are you doing for after care if you dont mind me asking? Thanks and good luck to you also :)