Didn't Have the Results I Expected: Multiple Revisions Needed for Each Procedure - Tijuana, Mexico

All of my procedures required revisions so I tend...

All of my procedures required revisions so I tend to agree with the reviewer who noted 'lack of attention to details.' More troublesome is you have to pay for the surgical suite and anesthesiologist for EACH REVISION as well as the stress of traveling out of the country for surgery and putting your body through the multiple revisions.

After having some of the substandard work repaired in the US I would never opt to go to Cosmed again. I appreciate the care I received but wish my results had been better and I hadn't needed surgery in the US to fix.

Hi Calli, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry it didn't work out as planned for you. If you don't mind sharing, what is it that went wrong for you?

Hi Kirsty, the last revision I had left me with a huge block of scar tissue and an infection that went undetected for four months. I ended up having multiple surgeries in the US to reshape my stomach and reposition my belly button, which was nearly two inches off center. It turned out there was a large section of skin tucked in under the midline incision that got infected. The doctors here were shocked and said the tissue should have been removed before suturing. I paid $1,000 to Cosmed for the revision and felt I got nothing in return but six months of pain and medical bills. Dr. Quiroz told me over the phone it was a buried stitch and to have it removed under local anesthesia so I'm really grateful I had it addressed in the US as I can't imagine what might have happened if I'd had another procedure in Mexico.
Hi Calli: Can you explain what the 'legal" agreement you signed pertained to? I was thinking of going to this guy but now I'm doubting...also what did you have done that came up to $15K? Thanks for your review...it really helps.
Patricia
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Since expanding the clinic it's been harder to reach the doctor. I had serious complications and neither I or my doctor were able to get a return phone call or a copy of my medical records. I would advise getting copies of your records before you leave Mexico as well as a copy of the "legal" agreement you must sign.