Thrilled W/ Rhinoplasty Result

I decided to get a nose job because I was unhappy...

I decided to get a nose job because I was unhappy with the bump on my nose and wanted a smaller nose to better suit my face. I was a little worried about having a generic “nose-job” kind of nose, so I looked for someone who specialized in rhinoplasty and who had a lot of before/after pics. I am THRILLED with my results. I can’t stop staring at my profile in the mirror. Before the procedure my surgeon took pictures and used digital imaging to show me what he could realistically do with my nose. I went under general anesthesia at an outpatient surgical center. Afterwards I had discomfort and swelling for a few days but it was pretty mild. Tylenol worked to alleviate the discomfort. I rested, put Swiss therapy on my eyes (lightweight equivalent of icing) and slept with my head elevated for several days. After a week I got the splint off and could go about my daily, light activities. They gave me a color-coded makeup kit to cover bruises of any color and I don’t think anyone could tell that I had surgery. 3 weeks later I was back to my regular exercise regime. Five weeks later I feel a lot more self-confident after having this procedure; I feel it was 100% worth the money and (mild) discomfort. I recommend those considering it to look at a lot of before/after pictures and make sure you feel confident in the surgeon's work.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I really recommend this surgeon mainly because I think he’s really skilled. I am amazed that after rhinoplasty my nose looks like I was born with it. Dr. J was ready to answer any question, and he was honest about potential irregularities that could occur with surgery. If there were any irregularities after surgery Dr. J has no-cost solutions to insure satisfaction with the results. He was also very attentive to the other medicines I was taking, and made himself available 24/7 to me in case any questions arose.

This might be the one I choose! I live in New England and this Dr. may be worth the ride...
hey hun your before nose looks ALOT like my nose! i am getting a nose job sometime in june. had my first consultation yesterday. he did a great job! thanks for sharing your story

tiffypoo--you should start your own story in the rhinoplasty review community!

Thanks guys! :)
I can see why your thrilled. Spot-on improvement.

Your results are really nice. Isn't it great not to have to think about your profile any more? So liberating! Thank you so much for sharing your story and photos here on RealSelf.