Beast Cancer at 26! - Thousand Oaks, CA

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 26. I have...

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 26. I have the BRCA mutation and my cancer was very aggressive. I had to act quickly. I needed a double mastectomy and breast reconstruction. I met with Dr Azar and immediately loved him. He provided me with a wealth of information about cancer, the names if support groups, and even told me about the events he hosts to help his cancer patients. Dr Azar understood how hard it is to be diagnosed, and took his time explaining the full reconstructive process. A few days after my consult, the doctor called me personally to answer any additional questions. In my dreams I couldn't have created a more wonderful doctor. He's kind, patient, funny, and most of all incredibly talented.
I don't have the words to describe how much Dr Azar helped me. Having a double mastectomy before getting married and having children really changes a woman's traditional life plan. It's obviously a little unnerving thinking about how different things will look and function. Dr Azar and his staff talked to me about every one of my concerns. Three years later, they're still here for me whenever I need anything.
Surviving cancer is an accomplishment. Coming out on the other side a better person is a miracle. Dr Azar helped me keep a positive attitude by ensuring I would never have to be embarrassed about how I look post surgery. In fact, Dr Azar created a nicer set of breasts than I had pre-surgery. I feel much more comfortable with the size and shape. Clothes look better on me. And without clothes, I am pretty positive that I have the nicest set of post cancer breasts.
I couldn't be happier with Dr Azar. He helped save my life. He's always there when I need him, and he went above and beyond every step of the way.
He's a perfectionist and makes all of his patients look their best. I highly recommend his services.
Thank you Dr Azar!!
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Dr Azar is a perfectionist. He has a gift for making the human body look better. All of his work looks exceptional, but realistic. He takes time with patients to help them fully understand the process. He always follows up throughout the healing process, and does any touch ups needed to get the maximum desired results. I actually look forward to seeing Dr Azar because he's such a nice person. His office staff are all equally kind. They respect the privacy of all patients, and they take the time to answer any questions they can. They always make me feel safe and supported. Every part of the office is a positive experience.

Hellooo...my name is Jeanie,..and i too,..am a patient of Dr Azar's....and i feel exactly the same about him,..his skill/perfectionism,..personality,...caring attitude,..wonderful staff. Everything you said is a perfect review of how GREAT he is. And i must add how sorry i am that you had to go through this...and what a challenge at such a young age. I too was a BC patient of Dr Azar's. He was especially kind, gentle, and considerate at all times. I am truly so thrilled that your outcome was so beautiful. I hope your future will be fabulous and healthy. :) *jeanie
Thank you for sharing your amazing story on RealSelf! I'm so happy to hear you not only conquered the cancer, but that you love your new breasts. It sounds like you have an amazing spirit to go along with your new look. It's especially nice to hear you have had a wonderful doctor throughout this journey. What would you say was the most challenging part of the reconstruction process? Just curious as to how you detected the cancer at such a young age? Your story will be inspirational to many women. Congratulations!