From Orthoclear to Clearcorrect- Two Years No Change

Started with Orthoclear, switched to clearcorrect,...

Started with Orthoclear, switched to clearcorrect, almost finished now? Very dissappointed, it has taken over two years when it was sold to me as a "faster than traditional braces, but invisible" treatment. I would like to discourage others from vague promises. Ask for computer progression, dates, alternatives, see other patients before-after pictures. Do not try Clearcorrect or Orthoclear, their trays kept on cracking on day 2-4 of use, and there were no replacements, but tray did not work as well. Almost no movement in 2 years. Rip off! Invest in cosmetic or traditional system.

Leiker

Dr L performed traditional braces on my daughter, who was left with even but projected teeth. When I started her treatment was not over, he did not reveal to me the lack of certainty of results, and the length, or the need for buttons. I was told it would be 6 months to a year. Told me it could be cheaper and was way better than all others. My mouth looked better before. It has caused an overbite, I have sticking-out teeth and speech problems, which as a teacher, I can't take it for over 2 years!!!!! he tells me it all will go away when I finish treatment (no aprox. date)

Nothing worth smiling about... I as well had to have a mid- course correction (wait time 2 1/2 mos for both first set and mid course- time set back 5 mos) and the molds were very hard to capture, the trays did crack as well but was attributed to the tech placing start date on wrong package and that set back additional six weeks prior to the mid-correction. Now the labeling has improved (also notice the plastic is thicker more durable) with treatment going all the way to 36 steps, I'm on step 24 but I still don't have any movement forward on my lower tooth, or the I tooth turning- I have gaps I can see through and I was just told that I need to pay even more for the refinement phase? When should this begin, what is included up to the 36steps? The dentist wants more money, I just got the call yesterday, on hold 10 minutes while they 'were trying to figure it out' the have one set waiting for me but after that we will be refining, whats the 36 steps for? How can I be in refining when I have gaps I can see through and tooth set back yet about 2mil? My teeth have moved an I feel we're finally on the correct course but they still aren't worth smiling about. I asked at each visit when are those troubled teeth going to start moving, are they going to place buttons on them? How is it going to be pushed forward? At the first visit Dr. C said she saw the time progression of my case and I asked over and over to see the expectations, never shown any information. I understand no guarantees, but traditional braces would have done a better job, the expectations should have been explained, especially when they were requested and so much expense goes into this. Both my daughters had traditional braces and have immaculate teeth. I was set back 5 mos with wait time, six weeks on the wrong aligners, dry mouth like you can't imagine. Packet shows 36 steps, now they want more money, actually I've been in these sense Nov-2011 what about a permanent retainer? Is this additional money as well? I would not recommend for crowding or overlapping, just get traditional and see an orthodontist, not a dentist. Boy did I make a 4000 mistake and pretty upset because my packets say one thing and now the dentist is expecting me to pull more money out of my ass when in actual wear time I've only been in them a year and a half. . .
Ok. Thank you
I agree. My teeth look worse than ever!! They told me one year and it's been 2 and I go clear correct for a minor issue, which is now worse and I have a an overbite now. I really wish I had read these reviews before
Hi Cristi12,

We’re so sorry to hear about your experience, I can understand how being in treatment for two years with undesired results would be frustrating. We are here and ready to assist your doctor in making any corrections/adjustments needed to your treatment.
My doctor actually had to punch holes into the back of the tray to make it fit tighter. I just think traditional braces are the best way to go as the treatment can be monitored closely instead of planned out for months in advance
Hi Cristi12,

It is true that conventional braces are better in certain situations for certain treatment goals. It is in the hands of your doctor to diagnose, select treatment, plan treatment, and administer treatment all in the best way possible to achieve the desired result. Again, the best thing for you to do would be to express your concern to your doctor. We will do everything we can to work with your them in getting your treatment back on track.
Clear correct seems to be an expert on pointing the finger at the dentist and impressions, but they can't seem to follow through with their progressed treatment! My office will never use them again, in my opinion they are a rip off company!!! And I will make sure I let everyone know that! I’m sorry for the patients that have spent time and money, and received nothing for their trouble.
Hi Teeth28,

No one can claim to be perfect in this world but what you’re describing is not the team at ClearCorrect. Not knowing who you are it’s hard to reply or help here, but this does not match any records of doctors we work with (and that’s just not how we treat people we work with).

On the other hand, if you’ve used our lab and we messed up this badly, please contact us and we’ll gladly sort it out.
Very sorry to hear about the experience you have had and wanted to let you know we do want to help you. Please contact your dentist and let them know what is going on. We are here and available to work with them to help get your treatment back on track.
ClearCorrect has been a big disappointment.Had to have a midcourse correction on the upper teeth - the trays would not even come close to fitting. Then the new trays that came in did absolutely nothing. I'm finished but waiting for refinement trays - it's been 5 weeks. A week ago they said they were finished and would rush them to my dentist. We're still waiting a week later - they haven't left the lab. My teeth look worse now than when I started over a year ago, and have no idea how long the refinement trays will take. I wouldn't recommend ClearCorrect.
Hi Peyton52. I’m so sorry to hear about the frustrations you’re experiencing. There are a few things that sometimes happen with cases that would cause the teeth to not track properly, such as distorted or bad impressions. If you would like to message me your contact information, I would be more than happy to give you a call to discuss so I can get with your dentist to work out whatever is causing the problem.
clear correct is a scam doesn't work at all
I have a very small area on the lower part of my mouth that needed to be fixed and after 20+ clear plates nothing changed and the company reneg on our agreement
3,000 dollars later
d
If some dentist told me that teeth could be moved to create a nice smile and correct bite in six months to a year I would walk out of there laughing. My smile and bite are not even that off and I was told 2 years min. probably closer to 3. I think you should go see a different dentist.
Thx so much for sharing about orthoclear and clear correction. I'm trying to figure out what works best for moderate correction but avoiding braces Wondering if you ruled out Invisalign for some reason...was orthoclear cheaper?
Dr L ruled out invisalign because he said is for "milder" interventions, e.g. no overcrowding/overlapping of teeth) I understand that Orthoclear went out of business, my doctor switched to clear correct without informing me of it, or why. As a teacher I felt weird using regular braces in front of my class, and that is why I opted for clear ones, but looking back, after over 2 years, and without significant change, AND no end in sight, AND wearing buttons (they stick material onto the teeth to make white brackets, like trad. braces) the "invisible" is gone, and the difficulty pronouncing words is still there, and you don't go out, and you can't make decent presentations... my advise, take a deep breath and wear traditional, maybe ceramic ones which are less visible...