Hair Transplant: StoriesWrite a Review
Get Your Crowning Glory Bac with Dr Sameer Karkhanis!!...Hair Transplant
- posted 5 months ago
- Worth It
- Cost: $2,500
- Sameer Karkhanis, MD (Mumbai)
Dr Sameer Karkhanis, for me is someone for whom a...
- 8 Dec 2012
Dr Sameer Karkhanis, for me is someone for whom a patient’s well being comes first and everything else shall wait. Dr Sameer’s treatment changed my life upside down and brought my confidence back. Here’s a look at how it all happened
My case: I was only in my early 20s when I started losing hair at a breakneck pace making me look much older. In my case Hair loss was hereditary. Both my father and elder brother (to a much lesser extent) had similar problems. By the time I was 24 I had lost so much hair that I was ashamed to reveal my true age since the next thing people would ask or say was “ How come you lost so much hair?”, “You look much older” etc followed by their own tips and tricks which even they know wouldn’t help. I had nice hair on the sides while it was thinning at the centre and balding from behind. I would use the hair on the sides to camouflage the thinning at the centre for which I have been complimented by the doctor himself.
How I met Dr Sameer: It may sound strange that I hardly did much of a research before I met Dr Sameer. It might sound even weirder that I opted for Dr Sameer only since his clinic was very near to my place and the rates were reasonable, a decision I am very proud of now. Both I and my elder brother met Dr Sameer together at the same time and he didn’t suggest we go for hair transplant right away when he could have easily taken advantage of our desperation to get our crowning glory back by asking us to get the transplant done right away. He, infact, suggested that we try and improve our condition through medication, which only a doctor who is true to his profession would do. Since my brother’s condition was not that bad, he had almost suggested him to not go for Hair Transplant if his condition improves through medication. He won our trust with that suggestion
The Surgery: I fixed April 20, 2012 as the date for the surgery (My brother had done it 3 months before me). My observations:
1. Dr Sameer is extremely dedicated to his profession. He arrived on time; his concentration never wavered even for a second through out the procedure (it took almost 12 hours since I was at an advanced stage of baldness). He had another Hair transplant surgery scheduled for the next day so one can imagine how hectic those two days would have been for him but he never looked tired one bit throughout and even after completing the procedure
2. Dr Sameer would ask me from time to time if there’s any pain which I hardly felt through out the procedure. He would apply anesthesia in time to ensure that I didn’t feel the prick. He would tell me in advance that there could be some pain with a certain procedure so that I could anticipate the same.
3. Dr Sameer would engage in such meaningful discussions that no patient would realize that a surgery is been done on him. He is not just a master of his trade but has kept himself updated on the latest happenings in the entertainment industry as well.
4. I fell a bit unconscious towards the end of the procedure mainly due to nervousness and was admitted at the clinic overnight. When I woke up the next morning Dr Sameer was all set to perform another surgery that tells you how passionate he is about his profession.
Post Surgery: It has been 7 months since the surgery and the results have been amazing. The grafts have started growing and the thinning at the centre has been completely taken care of and we are only half way through the growing stage. Since I was at an advanced stage of baldness I would require another sitting to cover the crown area. However, the hairs at the front and centre have grown enough for me to move them behind and cover the scantiness on the crown area. Thanks to Dr Sameer Kharkhanis, at 26 I have regained my confidence and would gladly opt for the second sitting to get my crown area covered at a later stage.
I am glad to be the first person to review Dr Sameer Kharkhanis’ work on hair transplant and can safely say that if you are suffering from hair loss and have opted for Dr Sameer Kharkhanis Clinic at Thane, you are in safe hands. Strongly Recommended!
My Doctor: Sameer Karkhanis, MD