Hoping for Good Results - Texas

I had my tummy tuck with MR and BA on May 26, so I...

I had my tummy tuck with MR and BA on May 26, so I am still in early recovery. I has alot of pain the first few days from the muscle repair. I am still quite swollen and have slot of tightness.

I am going crazy in this house. I don't really...

I am going crazy in this house. I don't really feel up to doing anything, but I can't stand these four walls anymore. I am feeling kinda down...not happy with my results yet. I am an impatient girl and I know I have a lot of swelling. Now though, when I look at pictures I notice how fat my legs are and YUCK..I need to be exercising. Are we ever happy with ourselves?

Thanks ladies for your words of support. It helps...

Thanks ladies for your words of support. It helps to hear from you. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day, or maybe even this afternoon I can get up the energy to go to Target and browse. Shopping always helps,huh?

Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

How r u now?
I felt the same way, like I was worse now then when I went in... Wait two more months and you will notice the difference. Stay away from salt, take it easy and your swelling will subside. I know it was hard not to exercise but your body cant handle much more than a stroll around target, shopping therapy helps! I am one year post op, have not gained a pound thank god, and love my results. May I suggest getting into a good book... Hunger Games Series--amazing!
Cjl - I am sorry you have having troubles but I am happy that they are dealing with the issues. And yes I agree they live in a different world - the rest of us have to work for a living LOL. I wish you a speedy recovery now.
Nooo the breasts do NOT make you look fat they look fantastic. I had found another page that had this link and I think if you read it you'll see that what you are feeling is perfectly normal. Try drinking lots of water to get those meds and such out of your body. Please don't be down...this is amazing and you look wonderful. Did you have drains? http://www.tuckthattummy.com/recovery_info/postop_depression.htm
Cjl those pics don't looks so good! I think it's a good thing to go and see the doctor. I know missing work sucks but your health is more important. I hope it's just a matter of some meds and then you'll be good to go.
I did take my daughter to the mall today. I thought I was doing fine until I got home and saw how swollen I am. there are indentions in my stomach and I have a huge bruise on top of my belly button. it worried me so much I sent a pic to my ps. you can't really tell how bruised it is from the pic. he said no worries and see you next week. Well I am still worried!
What clothes were you wearing shopping? Something that could have been rubbing on your tummy there while you did lots of walking?
I was wearing loose clothes. I got to thinking maybe it was the seatbelt that caused it. I go back to my PS for post op visit tomorrow and hopefully he says things look good!
Shopping always helps! I went to target the other day with my hubby and the whole time he was trying to slow me down. Lol. I've gone mad not being able to shop for a whole week. Lol.
Btw.. you look great!
I think you look great and I know with each passing day you will see more and more improvement. I understand the impatience thing!!lol. I'll be there too I'm sure of it. I'm having my tt in two weeks. All the best in your recovery. You look GREAT!!
I think you look fantastic for just being not even a week post op! You are going to just keep looking better. Remember, after all the swelling goes down, you will be so happy with how flat you are. I am 8 weeks & still swelling, but I am really happy & would never go back to my before body! There is nothing wrong with you thighs! You are very proportionate. You look so awesome!
Thank you Madison for those encouraging words...I have been following your recovery, and YOU LOOK AWESOME GIRL!
Thank you so much for your kind words cjl! I really cannot believe the recovery process, but then again it is normal for what our bodies have been through. There have been a few normal ups & downs, but one thing I know is that I would never go back & even with all this swelling I am so happy. I even found a perfect bikini today that covers my scar & is adorable! I will post pics soon. I feel so good about that! Keep posting updates & know that we are all here for you!
You look really great! Don't worry about your other body parts... they look proportionate and you are just one week post op and you will have to wait until around 4 months to see some final results... we all want results now and complain about stuff but we just have to be patient with waiting for the new us to emerge!
I agree we are never happy with our bodies. However, you look GREAT. I can't believe you just had it done on the 26th. Stop beating yourself up. Enjoy your new body. I can't wait for mine