Just Had Mini Tuck W/ Muscle Repair and Lipo on Tummy and Flanks - Texas

I just had the operation on 2-7-13. I am still...

I just had the operation on 2-7-13. I am still swollen obviously so I know it's hard to tell the results. So far I am happy except for one thing that worries me. I seem to have a small roll above the incision line. My ps told me not to worry that it will flatten out after the sutures inside dissolve. He has it pulled tight on the inside. Really hoping he's right......

Well, 7/28/2013 will be 3 weeks post op. I am...

Well, 7/28/2013 will be 3 weeks post op. I am still very swollen but I can def see that things are taking shape and I'm over the moon!!!! If its looking this good at only 3 weeks I can only imagine how good it will look in a few months. The creases I had a first are still noticable but are going away slowly. Im still wearing my CG. They said for up to 6 weeks. I had heard so many stories about the pain from this procedure and I feel that I have a low pain tolerance. Obviously everyone is different but I expected a lot worse. I was sore and stiff. I can't say that I ever felt just horrible pain. I have 2 boys, 4 & 2. I took off work and had it done on a Thursday and went back to work the following Thursday, mind you I have a desk job. I only worked for a little over 1/2 of that Thursday and Friday. I slept in the recliner because it was the most comfortable to me. I can't pick up the boys for 6-8 weeks so even though im feeling better (still sore) thats hard to not being able to do my normal mommy duties. The worst part by far for me was the "DRAIN". I abhor that thing. I had heard that it didn't hurt come out, that it just felt weird. It burned to me. after the initial pull it wasn't so bad. Thanks goodness I only had one though. I will try to update a little more as I can. Any questions, feel free to ask:) Have a great day!!!

Correction * 2/28/2013 will be 3 weeks post op.

Correction * 2/28/2013 will be 3 weeks post op.

Hi you look beautiful and skinny, I had my mini tummy tuck with lipo and muscle repair 3 weeks ago. My doc says no more girdle after 3 weeks, what did you do? what did you used? Thanks
Congrats on a successful surgery! I too am considering a Mini TT. I was wondering if it pulled the skin around your navel and above down, to smooth it out some? I know during a mini TT, they say it doesn't work like that, but in the photos, you look pretty smoothed out! Where did they do your lipo? And has your surgeon said the swelling will go down more on your right hand side?
um, well he disconnected my belly button and pulled it down tight and reconnected it. i need to put up some new pics because i look really darn good!!! lol!! the swelling is almost completely gone and the one side has gone down considerably as the inside sutures are disolving. i am beyone pleased. i had lipo done on my abdomen as well as my sides and he did a little on my bra fat:) Good luck! be sure to do lots of research on your dr and ask to see his before and afters in a look book.
Gotcha.... I would love to see your current photos! If I do the surgery, I am considering doing it this summer. However, we have a trip planned about 4-5 weeks after I'd be getting the surgery. When you were at 4-5 weeks out, would you say you felt like going on vacation? With 3 kids? Or would it be like "no way" at that point in recovery!? I know everyone is different, but just to get a ball park idea?
I would say no. Not because I don't think u would be feeling ok but u are still swollen and feeling kinda sled conscious about ur body. At least I was. And to depending on the age of ur kids. Mine are young so it was difficult for a while after. U can't pick them up for 6-8 weeks and u swell the more u do. Stuff like that.
The best scar I've ever seen hope mines is that small
Love you're results!! Can't wait for my date to get here 4/29/13
Your results look great! How is your healing going? Has your clothing size change and are you back to activities?
Thanks so much! My healing is going wonderfully! I'm am still numb on some areas and also tender on other areas but I am back to my normal activities now. Im still wearing all my clothes from before they just fit more comfortably with out the overlapping muffin top. I still have some swelling and some stitches inside that havnt dissolved yet. He said it takes 4-6 months for those to dissolve and they tummy will be more flat.
You look really great! So I guess week by week you will continue to get smaller as the swelling goes down. How is your scar looking?
my scar is looking great!! it is really low which was really important to me. wont show in bikini's:) its a little red but very thin. i'll take a close up picture of that next week. Each week has gotten better yes but im still swelling up more through out the days. by evening i look chubby but in the mornings i feel skinny. im still so glad i did it and waiting for the final result.
In my field of work that I work in, hundreds of women get tummy tucks and BA, so usually we all see each others work and end up going to the same surgeon, where I got my BA done was in Minneapolis , which several girls went to him, I was not fond of his work for mini tummy tucks soooooo, I looked around and found a very good woman surgery here in Minneapolis , I have never really heard too many bad complaints on any surgeon here in Minneapolis Minnesota , so it all depends on who you know, and where you go
How did you decide on your doctor because I'm in Houston and am constantly looking up plastin surgeons
Actually, I had a few friends that had used mine and they looked great. So thats how I decided to use him.
Some people don't see what we see, so I think fixing it makes a big difference and gives more confidence in our body's, a lot of people thought I already had a tummy tuck or said I was too skinny what's to nip and tuck, I'm like uhhhh these rolls and lose skin, you will be happy you did it, I know I will too, the worst his post op depression I got that bad after my BA was done, doing why did I do it, thought everything looked wrong finally I decided to not look in the mirror so much, everyday looking at it, makes you pin point things out, then months down the line every thing turns out just the way you want it, but then I got so bored at home I stayed in the mirror looking and looking, I think with all surgery it takes months to heal, my worst thing is smoking, I cut back I'm trying to quit cold turkey by tomorrow because my surgery is next Monday so that really sucks, so I got a electric one, I'm going to take that for a spin and workout 2 times a day and try not to think about smoking, I know after surgery I won't want any I'm just hoping I can stop all together, mainly tomorrow quit, so I have a week of no nicotine in my body so I can heal and go through the surgery well, so the surgery part I'm ready, not nervous more quitting smoking, nasty bad habit and I'm so athletic I don't even see how I do it anyways, but yea...I can go on and on....I pray for myself all the time
Yea you look great, every week is a improvement for you, I'm not getting lipo dr said it was not needed,mso she said she will pull me down as tight as possible and repair my muscles, I think a big improvement will show after the healing and toning up, but your looking great,
Thank you sooo much!!!!
How did our muscle repair go, I know alot of people don't understand why it's needed, my surgeon told me when I had my kid my muscles separated which was not giving me good results working out so for muscle repair they get in there and stitch them back together to where they were prior to my pregnancy, which I'm also excited about, I took very up close pictures , a lot of people say I don't need it because I'm like a size 3 very tiny, but I need the extra loose skin off my lower area, I gained over 100 pounds with my first child, lost it and some so I deserve this mini tummy tuck, I wanted to ask you though, how painful was the muscle repair, I know I had BA done last February and it wasn't pain more stiffness and knowing work was done, I say giving birth was always way worse, but I hope u can get pictures up u look great I'm excited for you, and will let you follow my journey
Well a lot of people told me I was vain and that I didn't need it. But it was for me because I wanted to feel better. So I did it and have not regretted it. As far as the pain, I was very sore but not in excruciating pain. I don't know if you are having lipo or not but I did and that was the most painful. Honestly I couldn't tell you how much the muscle repair hurt over the lipo. But either way it was easily bearable. Everyone is different though. I don't feel as though I have a high pain tolerance. I'm a weenie:) I think the pics finally uploaded. I'm still swelling some but not as bad. Every week I can tell a bigger difference. It's a long process and even though I was told that I really thought I would see a huge diff early on and I didn't. It can be somewhat disappointing because u pay all that money and expect instant gratification to an extent. You just have to get it in your head that it WILL get better. Good luck and if u have any questions feel free to ask!
I'm getting a mini tummy tuck with muscle repair in a week , excited, how's it going so far with you, I think you looked awesome, do you have any new pics,..?
Thanks! Your going to love your mini! I'm doing really well and feeling better every day. I took some 5 week pics but it wasn't loading. I'll keep trying;) good luck!
Oh and what does muscle repair consist of with a mini TT?
He called it and extended mini. He tightened my muscle and i have a scar from just right before each hip bone to the next. I'll try and put up some 3 week post op pics this week.
Great results. Who's your doctor?
His name is Dr. Byrnes in Rockwall, TX. Regional Plastic surgery Center. He is very nice and answered all my questions. I had a few friends that used him and spoke very highly of him as well.