Lovin' My Lap-Band - Hurst, TX

I am so proud of the decision that I made to have...

I am so proud of the decision that I made to have Lap-Band surgery. I was "banded" on Dec. 21, 2010. The journey has been challenging but to date I have lost 35 pounds and gone from a size 22/24 to a size 14 and still going down.

The biggest pro from having this done is that I get my life back and another opportunity to get it right. Over the years, I had just let myself go. I am an emotional eater and some days I had no idea when (or intention) to stop. It's a very sad feeling when you have completely spaced out while eating and are questioning what and how much you actually ate. Being the rollercoaster that my life is, I have always looked to food as a companion. I would always say that my cheesecake will never let me down...haha.

When I learned about the Lap-Band it gave me a sense of hope. After failing a variety of "diets", I knew a permanent solution that requires me to change how I relate to food was the solution. I have always been a bigger girl with confidence and high self-esteem but that will only get you so far. For the most part my family has been supportive and tries to remain midful of food options for me.

Of course with all the happiness and glee, comes some not so good stuff. In my case, I can honestly say that I have not had any symptoms that were not self-induced. By that I mean, eating too fast or taking too big of bites. Also up until recently, I allowed myself to get frustrated because I wasn't seeing "BIG" numbers.

I am 8 months out and I have lost 35 pounds. To some that may not seem like a lot but considering the the size I was and what I am now, I call my efforts successful. I am 50 pounds from goal and I am confident that with the Lap-Band, I will get there.

Dr. Robert Snow, Lone Star Bands

Dr. Snow was trained by Dr. O'Brien, the pioneer of Lap-Band. He knows this process and really cares about his patients. I love going to his office because it is more like visiting an old friend rather than going to the doctor.

wow only 35lbs in 8 months?????
How are you doing now? Good luck to you! I just had mine 6 weeks ago.
Congratulations on your lost- That's awesome, thank you for sharing your story
Hi! I live near you sort of and your results sound so good. Is that cost you paid with or without insurance? I am trying to find an affordable surgeon because I would be cash pay. Can you please let me know it would mean a lot to me? Thanks and so happy to hear your results.

Hi mommy4lipo, the cost was with insurance. I would contact Dr. Robert Snow's office and find out about financing options. He in my opinionis the best in the business. He went to Australia and learned from Dr. O'Brien himself. If you live near me, I would love to chat about surgery and what not. If interested, please friend request me on FB. I am Lisa Lovingthe BandedLife and we can talk there.

Did you end up finding & doing your surgery? How are you?
35# is totally awesome. I had my lap band done 5/3/11,and I've gone from 215.6 to 195.6...I'm pleased. It's a lifestyle change and that comes with time. Keep up the great work,and stay fabulous...cause you are.

35lb sounds like a lot to me! :) You've done great and are on the right track. It's all about learning to live with your new lifestyle. Congrats on your weight loss so far.

Thanks for the review. You've done really well so far and you're journey is just begining. 35 pounds is a good number and it keeps going up, which is the main thing.

Please keep us updated on how you're doing as your journey progresses.

Kirsty