Lovin' My Lap-Band - Hurst, TX

I am so proud of the decision that I made to have...

I am so proud of the decision that I made to have Lap-Band surgery. I was "banded" on Dec. 21, 2010. The journey has been challenging but to date I have lost 35 pounds and gone from a size 22/24 to a size 14 and still going down.

The biggest pro from having this done is that I get my life back and another opportunity to get it right. Over the years, I had just let myself go. I am an emotional eater and some days I had no idea when (or intention) to stop. It's a very sad feeling when you have completely spaced out while eating and are questioning what and how much you actually ate. Being the rollercoaster that my life is, I have always looked to food as a companion. I would always say that my cheesecake will never let me down...haha.

When I learned about the Lap-Band it gave me a sense of hope. After failing a variety of "diets", I knew a permanent solution that requires me to change how I relate to food was the solution. I have always been a bigger girl with confidence and high self-esteem but that will only get you so far. For the most part my family has been supportive and tries to remain midful of food options for me.

Of course with all the happiness and glee, comes some not so good stuff. In my case, I can honestly say that I have not had any symptoms that were not self-induced. By that I mean, eating too fast or taking too big of bites. Also up until recently, I allowed myself to get frustrated because I wasn't seeing "BIG" numbers.

I am 8 months out and I have lost 35 pounds. To some that may not seem like a lot but considering the the size I was and what I am now, I call my efforts successful. I am 50 pounds from goal and I am confident that with the Lap-Band, I will get there.

I had dr snow for a surgeon. He had great bedside manner but I could never get an appt because his staff kept canceling my apps hours before showing up. After the third time, I started going to forest park medical center for my fills. When my band slipped again he was inaccessible. I would never recommend him solely based on my aftercare experience. It's impossible to find another surgeon who will see you unless they did your band. I've felt very insecure and am looking for someone to revise this band. It's been a nightmare.
wow only 35lbs in 8 months?????
How are you doing now? Good luck to you! I just had mine 6 weeks ago.
Dr. Robert Snow, Lone Star Bands

Dr. Snow was trained by Dr. O'Brien, the pioneer of Lap-Band. He knows this process and really cares about his patients. I love going to his office because it is more like visiting an old friend rather than going to the doctor.