Serious Complication from Zerona - Texas

I had several Zerona treatments. It was working...

I had several Zerona treatments. It was working well cosmetically so I didn't mind spending the money. However, I experienced abdominal tingling and recurrent fevers from each treatment. These fevers gradually turned into severe lymphatic abdominal swelling. The recurrent tingling sensation and lymphatic swelling throughout my abdomen and pelvis has not resolved. I have been very ill for 1 entire year. MD specialists believe that Zerona is likely the cause due to the temporal association of the treatments and several additional factors. It is not known if my lymphatic system will ever recover or if the associated capillary leak syndrome will ever resolve. For those physicians who keep touting that there have been no serious side effects or complications reported........you are incorrect. Check the FDA website.

Never saw a Zerona physician. Saw a nurse at one facility and a technician at another location. I have no issues with the providers.

6K for Zerona. 200 to 300K for medical care due to related problems - liver and lymphatic damage. 5 CTs, 2 MRIs, exloritory surgery, approx 30 physicians.
The 6K was for the Zerona. I did multiple treatments over 4 months. I have spent over 200K since due to medical problems including liver and lymphatic system damage. I have had extensive medical work-ups including 5 CTs, 2 MRIs, and even exploratory surgery. The general belief from my physicians now is that Zerona did in fact cause my medical problems. I have been evaluated by close to 30 physicians.
Thanks to all of you for posting .It helped a lot !!!
Hi Beeok,

That is so scary and I wish that I could help. So you are certain it is a capillary leak? Have you had an MRI to see what else it could be? And is surgery an option? I had a fat-melting procedure done 3 years ago for free and one year post-op, it left me with fat redistributed all over my body, including viscerally. I coincidentally developed hypothyroidism right after, which left me wondering if there was an association. It took a year out of my health as well. I wish you the best, and thanks for spreading the word and informing others of your experience as I'm sure you've saved many others from potential health risks.

Best,
Julia
Thank you so much for your post. I have been looking into having this done. I live in fl and close to the beach. So of course you are in a swimsuit often. I have decided after so many unhappy post to not have this done ever.
HELP MEEEE, i gave 3,000 the first time i walked into the grand opening.. girl i was desperate at 57 in good health,I was looking for a way to rid my c-section (pouch) and belly fat,,,, after 2 quarters(of which)I had to skip amonth in between ?:?:? How illogical is that??? I see no change, no weight loss, in fact- I think my belly is bigger...Only met doc once never there--I feel taken,, could have had a tummy tuck for about same price(with all vitamins etc.) In fact one day while there I happend to look down and laser was lasering the table??? not my fatty upper arms... I used most of my savings for this,,couldve had the surgery instead!!! and this doc does surgery! she is obgyn surgeon!! Now what am i supposed to do??
Just for Zerona- I had several treatments over a 3 month period. I lost 12 inches in the first 6 sessions. Was a size 6 pettite at that point. Laser caused tingling. Now tingling occurs before and during every episode of swelling.

I can't imagine how terrible this has been for you.  I am so sorry.

Not to be insensitive, but about the price you posted.  Was the $6000 just for the Zerona, or are you counting what you spent trying to resolve the complications, too?  And if the $6K was just for the Zerona, how many sessions did you pay for?