Had My Mommy Makeover Nov. 24th!!!! (with video) - Calhoun, TN

I am a 37 y/o mom of 2 girls. I was always...

I am a 37 y/o mom of 2 girls. I was always overweight growing up and lost 60lbs when I was a freshman in college. I kept that off until I got pregnant with my first daughter....I think I gained I have scheduled a mommy makeover for November 24th. I will be having a full tummy tuck, smart lipo on the flanks, inner and outer thighs, and a breast lift augmentation with silicone implants.

I have posted one "before" picture and will post more soon.

After the birth of my second daughter, I lost 70...

After the birth of my second daughter, I lost 70 Lbs and now have a lot of sagging belly fat and my boobs like like fried eggs hanging on a nail....I have been waiting for this for a year!

Updated on Sep 25, 2010:

Please check back after November 24!! Any advice before my procedure would be awesome!!

I feel like I should organize this better: After...

I feel like I should organize this better: After my second daughter, I topped the scales at 225lbs and wore a size 18/20. For the last 2 years I have worked my butt off (literally) to lose weight and get healthy. I quit smoking and lost 75lbs. I am now 148lbs and wear a size 8 or 10. However, my belly bulge and booby droop keep me from feeling like all this work has paid off. I have this permanent "floaty ring" around my waist that needs to go away. I am going to make a video dairy also....so check back for updates!!!

Pics added

pics added

Ok, so call me crazy....but I started getting...

Ok, so call me crazy....but I started getting paranoid about having my face up. I live in a small town, and well...you know how that goes. I just don't want all my lovely mushiness, my fried eggs, my fluffy pillows of love for the whole town to see. So...... I would like to know if anyone else here is having a hard time telling your family. I told my mom, but only because I knew I was going to need her help. She would never come out and say that she doesn't approve, I just know her mannerisms, her tone. I am not necessarily seeking her approval, but I was hoping she would be more excited for me.

Four weeks from today my life will be permantely...

Four weeks from today my life will be permantely changed, hopefully for the better. Since I made the decision to do this, I think about it everyday, not all day, but almost :) I am keeping a very postive outlook but cant help but think "what if". What if I come out disfigured? What if they send me in the wrong room and confuse me with someone else and I come out a man! Will I have to change my name to John? What if I don't wake up. That's the big one...what if. I am so ready for it to be over. I should have booked it like a week after I decided to do this!! Four weeks.

I am just a little over 1 week from my surgery...

I am just a little over 1 week from my surgery with my new PS. I am anxious, but at peace with the decision to change PS. I am just ready to be done and back at home. As long as I know I made it through, I can deal with the rest. I will start my new "review" this week.

So apparantly I can't start a new review...so...

So apparantly I can't start a new review...so I will just have to expand on this one. New Doc DR. Christopher Chase.
I took measurements the other day :
Waist 33in
Hip 40 (hello fatty)
Thigh 36
Bust/Chest 38 1/2

Added "before" weight loss pic

Added "before" weight loss pic

Post Op: November 25. dAY 1

Post Op: November 25. dAY 1

So my doc called today...I saw I wrote that down...

So my doc called today...I saw I wrote that down there but i do believe I was pretty heavily medicated and frankly couldn't see strait. So he said I could go ahead and take a shower...so I did...it was awesome...maybe even orgasmic....but not quite.

Ok, the low down. The first day is a bitch..pain is pretty bad, once you find a comfortable position...just doze away. Getting up was the next challange. Peeing took my like half an hour...I made it through the entire People magazine before I got that one little trinkle down. Bigbumper talked about forgetting to take her panties off....well I have dont that TWICE now. So maybe I will just borrow my toddlers pull up and forget about going to the big girl potty.

Otherwise, things are ok...check back with ya later.

Pics Once again I want to mention that Dr. C...

pics

Once again I want to mention that Dr. C is my doctor, not dr. Nease. I am sure dr. Ndoes a great job...but he is not the one chose.

Ok..I totally had to share this with y'all....

Ok..I totally had to share this with y'all. MyBF comes to pick me up and get me out of the house (about to go nuts) so we go to Target (I live like 2miles away)....besides the point. Well I figure I will get one of those motorized carts and cruise around in it. (I will post a pic she took cuz the whole thing was hilarious.) so we are in the shoe section and I obviously don't have a hover round liscence and ram head on into a rack...the jolt of the hit didn't feel great but the horrid laughter that I couldn't keep in was torture. I just keep sounding like a donkey..."ha...shhh...ha...shhh" with a " dontmakemelaugh...." the store boy's face peeking around the corner was priceless"

I will call this adventure "Rollin In My 5.0"

1 week PO I got my drains out today!!!! It was...

1 week PO
I got my drains out today!!!! It was funny because I was so totally stressed about it, but was MORE than ready to have those suckers out. However, as Dr. C was answering questions for me the nurse removed them without me even knowing it!! It was gooey, which is gross, and now I have 2 holes the size of tic-tacs down there but nothing attached! At least if a whole lot of oozing occurs i will just shove a mint flavored tic tac in there....mint has healing powers, right?

My energy level is great. I start back to work in a week but honestly feel I could probably go back on Monday, but hey, why not take the extra day and a half. The only real pain right now is the lipo areas which are very bruised and very sore. I can stand up good with my garment on but without it I feel weird and kind of insecure. I definitely can't stand up strait yet without it.

The breast look great, he was pleased. The nurse showed me how to massage them. I was told to put neosporin on any scabbing or wounds at this point. When the steri strips start to come off he said just let them come off and put ointment on them. When there is no longer any scabbing then i can start the Scar Guard and massage. I will post a video and up to date pics......

New Pics

New Pics

2 Weeks PO Well I started back to work today. I...

2 Weeks PO
Well I started back to work today. I only scheduled myself for 1/2 a day to start. Full days begin tomorrow.
I arrive at work at 8 and by 10 I was toast...I really think I was just having a bad day. I ran a low grade fever of about 99.5 and noticed more spasms in my upper back around my shoulders...I guess I am haunching more than I thought.

I couldnt put my finger on it, yesterday I was out Christmas shopping for most the day. I did ok. Like I said, I think I was just having an off day and was kinda nervous about going back. Everyone was so awesome though...but OMG, the xmas food....working in healthcare is a bitch when it comes to the food at Christmas time. I pinched here and there. Plus I forgot to eat breakfast this morning, and my kids were horrid...so we had a bad start to the day.
I went to my 2 week PO and my Mons has been very puffy, he decided to drain fluid from it so I then enjoyed a numbing shot in my private area....nothing like a needle in your muffin to end a kick ass day.

However, I do feel better after that, and he gave me more valium for the spasms. So all in all, 2 weeks...1st day back, needle in muffin, refill of valium. Not bad.

6 Weeks PO I feel fantastic. Saw my PS today and...

6 Weeks PO
I feel fantastic. Saw my PS today and he is so pleased with my results that he is gonna use me for the website and the "books"!!!

I was cleared to resume all normal activity except ab work. He said he doesn't even like ab work to be done at all in the first year. Yeah.
My energy level is still rockin, and probably thru the roof now that I am back to the gym full time. God be with my friends and family....they have yet to experience the new and improved Jen 5.0

I haven't had to deal with too much with any negativity. I pretty much stay away from people I think may act that way, or if they do, I just don't give them the time of day.
I refuse to let petty people steal my sunshine. It has been raining my whole life, and now it's my turn to shine....shit, that sounds so sappy, like a movie or something.

Anyhoo, the swelling is very very minimal these days, which is AWESOME, although I still get some twinges, like spasms here and there. I can literally feel them, like knots. PS said that is when my body is telling me to back off. So I do.

I really haven't lost a lot of weight (5lbs), and haven't really decreased a whole lot in pant size. I still wear an 8 only now they fit really really good, and 10s are definitely too big. Maybe now that I am back to my full workouts I can drop a few pounds. But all in all I am so happy with the results and continue to see better results as more time passes

6 Weeks PO I feel fantastic. Saw my PS today and...

6 Weeks PO

I have been back at the gym full time for a couple...

I have been back at the gym full time for a couple weeks. I have been diligent about my workouts and my food intake. I added more protein to my diet and try to eat small meals everty 3 hours or so. I have only lost a couple pounds since my surgery and am getting very frusturated with that. The BMI index still puts me in a "overweight" category, which ticks me off, yet I am in my size 8s and I notice them loosening up a bit.

I started some new classes at the YMCA...Zumba and Turbo Kick. Wow....Zumba is awesome if I can get coordianted and not feel groovaly challenged. Turbo kick works your core more than you would think...great workout but I am definitely not as flexible as I used to be. Swelling is still there occasionally and I still have muscle spasms when i over do it.

1 year

1 year
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

He is brillant. He is very down to earth and took all the time I needed to answer my long list of questions...which I am sure he has to answer a thousand times a day. But he did it with a smile on his face and care in his heart. His hands are magic. Love Love Love him

I'd like to ask how much it was. This is exactly what I want to have done
Thank you for the "10-things I wish I knew..."---great advice...I know I've got some Debbie downers/jealous peeps in my crew...and I am not gin a let them get me down... Thanks ! Bless you!
WOW you look great, thank you for the updates it's nice to see pic from one year later...I will be sure to pick up those oils you mentioned, thanks again!
Yes, I used massage too. In between the scar guard and scar away, I used Bio-oil.
Hi JenBob- Your surgery turned out great and you look amazing. I was wondering what you did for scar therpy besides using scarguard and scar away? I've heard people massage it or do other things. Is that what you meant by scar therapy?
Thanks for all the advice I will be using your advice for my surgery this Friday.
Wow! what beautiful results!!
Thanks guys. I sometimes look at the nastiness that is my thighs and dream of my legs not causing chub rub while in a bathing suit. As much as I like jiggle free, I will pass on that one...plus it leaves a noticable scar that can be seen in a bathing suit. So you are kinda trading one eye sore for another. I will have a chub rub, hold the jiggle and rub, but heavy on the scar please. To go.
Wow JenBob, you look fantastic! Your scar looks great! I too hate my thighs. The lipo helped but my inner thighs are not pretty. My doctor advised to not get the thigh lift. He said he only recommends it to patients who have had bariatric surgery. I too keep working to lose weight. Even with spinning and weight training it is a constant struggle.
Wow, JenBob, you look wonderful. My surgery is Dec. 13 ...... one month from today and I can't believe it. I am getting nervous. I'll be glad when this is all over!
Hi JenBob. Your 10 things ...was a great help to me. Your scar looks great a year out, almost nonexistent. Congrats!

You are looking great Jen!!!

Wow Jen- looking hot!!!!
JenBob,

Thank you for your videos and your genuine reviews! It looks like we have similar body types and your post op pics look wonderful which makes me feel more confident in my decision to pursue my tt. Have you thought about posting more pics now that you are a year post op? I'd love to see how your scar is healing (my biggest concern). Also - how do you feel about your belly button?? Have the scars healed ok to the point you feel it looks "real"? I've had an outie my whole life and it will be surreal to look down and not see it anymore!

My full tt with lipo to flanks and a breast lift is scheduled for Jan 9th, 2012. I am SO excited, but nervous, too. I've thought about this for years and am looking forward to it being behind me. I have a second consult with my PS at the end of the month and I may ask about lipo to hip/thigh area. Would you do the thigh lipo again, if you had it to do over again?

You've inspired me to keep a video log when I get closer to my date. I still need to add some 'before' pics when I get closer, too. Again - thank you for being so REAL! Your story has really helped to put me at ease!
Thank you!!!! I would definitely do the thigh area again. The problem with me is that I have a lot of loose skin on my inner thighs due to weight loss so lipo didnt really do much for that. But the outer and knee area helped. My PS said my only hope for my thighs is a thigh lift and I am not sure I want to go that route anytime soon. I have always had thick legs so unfortunately I will always look like a softball player....which I am ;).

I am very fortunate that my scar has healed very very well. I am going to upload a few pictures of the scar and body. I was diligent about my scar therapy for a solid 6 months. I honestly cant believe it's been a year. I have wanted to lose about 15lbs for the past year and still havent been able to do it. It's crazy how picky we are about our bodies. It seems like since I had this done, I am even harder on myself.....go figure.

I am so excited for you and you should absolutely do a video diary. This is a huge procedure and having all that documented is kinda cool to look at later. Before and after pics are a must....it will be hard to imagine yourself before if you dont. Your big day will be here before you know it!!!
JenBob - thank you for the new pic. Your scars look AMAZING!! And your belly button is adorable! I hope mine looks that good! I am having my umbilical hernia repaired at the same time as the TT and I'm a little nervous the belly button will look funny.

What did you do for your scar therapy? (lotions, etc)
I had a hernia repaired with my TT and used a creme my doctor gave me called Biocorneum. I know Kimmers and Jen have other suggestions. I'm 11 months post-surgery and some touch up Lipo in October. I had an odd bulge which turned out to be scar tissue from a previous surgery and he went in at the belly button scar..it still looks good. You can look at my page, though I haven't taken a recent photo. Good luck!
Thanks Daffy!
I agree concerning the thigh lift. I don't think that is something I'm up to. The thick thighs I can deal with. Especially since I have breasts now!
I used Scar Guard, a silicone liquid you brush on 2x a day. I also used Scar A Way a few times. Those are silicone strips you were for a week. You can cut them in half and they last longer that way.
Thanks so much for all the info that you posted on here. Your videos were very helpful!
Not at all....350cc silicone. Remember though that not all cc are alike. It all depends on your build and your current breast tissue. I wanted to be a full D so I trusted my PS to give me that. Just tell your PS what you desire and trust they will provide.
Thank you!
Hi Jen,
I hope you don't mind my asking..how many cc's are your implants? I am having a Mommy Makeover on July 11th (full TT, Breast lift with augmentation, lipo on flanks and thighs) and I think your breasts are beautiful. I would be so happy if my "fried eggs" came out like yours. I enjoyed your videos as well. Thanks for all of the advice.
thanks for the video ~ it was a breath of fresh air!
still nerveous though...ugh!
you look fantastic! :) Thank you for all your helpful posts and videos!