Had My Mommy Makeover Nov. 24th!!!! (with video) - Calhoun, TN

I am a 37 y/o mom of 2 girls. I was always...

I am a 37 y/o mom of 2 girls. I was always overweight growing up and lost 60lbs when I was a freshman in college. I kept that off until I got pregnant with my first daughter....I think I gained I have scheduled a mommy makeover for November 24th. I will be having a full tummy tuck, smart lipo on the flanks, inner and outer thighs, and a breast lift augmentation with silicone implants.

I have posted one "before" picture and will post more soon.

After the birth of my second daughter, I lost 70...

After the birth of my second daughter, I lost 70 Lbs and now have a lot of sagging belly fat and my boobs like like fried eggs hanging on a nail....I have been waiting for this for a year!

Updated on Sep 25, 2010:

Please check back after November 24!! Any advice before my procedure would be awesome!!

Fried eggs hanging on a nail might not be totally accurate, but that is the best description I've ever read. You look like a great candidate for these procedures and I can't wait to see how you look after. If you have any specific questions, you might want to post in our mommy makeover forum.

Good luck!!

I can't wait to see your results. I'm subscribing to your comments :) you're gonna be even more fabulouse!!

I feel like I should organize this better: After...

I feel like I should organize this better: After my second daughter, I topped the scales at 225lbs and wore a size 18/20. For the last 2 years I have worked my butt off (literally) to lose weight and get healthy. I quit smoking and lost 75lbs. I am now 148lbs and wear a size 8 or 10. However, my belly bulge and booby droop keep me from feeling like all this work has paid off. I have this permanent "floaty ring" around my waist that needs to go away. I am going to make a video dairy also....so check back for updates!!!

Pics added

pics added

Wow! What a great job on the weight loss you look fabulous. You are going to look even better after your surgery. By the way forgot to thank you about the advice you gave for talking with my boys in your comment to me.
I think you are going to be thrilled with your results. I will be watching for your posts, comments, and after pictures. It is great to find someone about my age going through some of the same procedures as I am.

Ok, so call me crazy....but I started getting...

Ok, so call me crazy....but I started getting paranoid about having my face up. I live in a small town, and well...you know how that goes. I just don't want all my lovely mushiness, my fried eggs, my fluffy pillows of love for the whole town to see. So...... I would like to know if anyone else here is having a hard time telling your family. I told my mom, but only because I knew I was going to need her help. She would never come out and say that she doesn't approve, I just know her mannerisms, her tone. I am not necessarily seeking her approval, but I was hoping she would be more excited for me.

I think the site is going through some funk or something...you can see from my October 5 posting...lol...I didn't think it posted so I did another one. Also, i checked off to be contacted by email when anyone posts to this review, but haven't gotten a one. I think y'all are right with my mom...I think she is just worried, of course. As a mom, I can relate. I think the only person in the world who understands is my best friend who might as well be my sister. Kimmers, after your TT how did you answer questions wheN people asked? Or did they ask? Bigbumper...I heard that you can hear saline too. Dr. Nease told me unless you were under 21, he always recommended silicone. They look and feel so much more natural. Study up on it so you feel confident about your decision.

Hi JenBob -- Thanks for the note about subscription emails. Some email providers (especially Yahoo!) are notorious for filtering out emails from us and sending them to spam folders or, in some cases, not receiving them at all (I think AOL does this). So, I've checked off to receive updates on this thread, and we'll see if it works! Then we'll look into it further from there. Cheers, --Sharon

Thanks Sharon. I'm sorry, I am very anal, and very impatient. Probably not good for a TT recovery then huh?

Four weeks from today my life will be permantely...

Four weeks from today my life will be permantely changed, hopefully for the better. Since I made the decision to do this, I think about it everyday, not all day, but almost :) I am keeping a very postive outlook but cant help but think "what if". What if I come out disfigured? What if they send me in the wrong room and confuse me with someone else and I come out a man! Will I have to change my name to John? What if I don't wake up. That's the big one...what if. I am so ready for it to be over. I should have booked it like a week after I decided to do this!! Four weeks.

I was thinking of something along those lines. I have a 5 year old and 2 year old girl. (my poor hubby) My oldest is a little mommy and a control freak....she is her mother's daughter...and I know she will take all of this in and study it. So I want to be very careful about what I say.

I had a rhinoplasty/septoplasty in 08. I looked like someone punched me in the face. She was 3 at the time and was so scared she was going to hurt me. But the "muscle repair" story is a good one. I figure i will tell her the night before or something.
There is a book out there for kids. I found an article about it for you. It is called my beautiful mommy. Hope that it will help. http://newscoma.com/2008/04/17/my-beauiful-mommy-plastic-surgery-book-for-kids/

FYI I got brave and added pics today if you want to check it out should be up soon.
Jen,
I have two boys- but I want to keep it simple as possible. My boys are 7 and 2. I am telling them that I am having my stomach muscles repaired. That pregnancies from him and his brother had seperated my muscles and they are being fixed. I am not mentioning the fact that I will also be getting the breast lift. This way they both know that I am going to be hurting cause I have a boo boo. I hope this helps and that you can find a way to explain it to her.

I am just a little over 1 week from my surgery...

I am just a little over 1 week from my surgery with my new PS. I am anxious, but at peace with the decision to change PS. I am just ready to be done and back at home. As long as I know I made it through, I can deal with the rest. I will start my new "review" this week.

So apparantly I can't start a new review...so...

So apparantly I can't start a new review...so I will just have to expand on this one. New Doc DR. Christopher Chase.
I took measurements the other day :
Waist 33in
Hip 40 (hello fatty)
Thigh 36
Bust/Chest 38 1/2

I've been waiting for your new review. Seems weird you can't start a new one or change the doctor. Maybe someone at realself could help you at least change the doctor. I have been thinking of you and will be praying for you this week when you go in for surgery. Keep us posted as soon as you feel up to it. The countdown is definately on for you. Can't wait to see your results.

You are fretting over your measurements and you shouldn't, you have done a fabulous job taking off all that weight. The PS is going to fix what you can't on your own. When he is done I hope you are going to feel better about what you are seeing and i don't think the measurements will matter anymore. It will be all about how you look and how feel about yourself. You are going to look fabulous!
Y'all are awesome. The energizer bunny is an understatement. I am that way on a day to day basis ...very
hyper....so now I am like the energizer bunny on crack.

My face is itchy and zitty (my bodies' mean way of expressing nervousness), my intestines feel like I have a scrub brush in them, and I have to keep apologizing to my girls for going all bi-polar on them.

I am trying to enjoy the weekend with the fam. We are gonna put up the Christmas tree today and have a movie night with the girls. That happens after I kick butt in a few rounds of Go Fish.

I just want it over and done. I think I am mostly anxious about not waking up. So prayers are wanted and needed..thanks guys.

You have got our prayers girl!  You will wake up and be just fine.

Now you make me want to put my Christmas tree up!  Good thing you are doing that now because that will be the last thing on your mind after surgery.

Baby Blues is correct in saying that the measurements don't matter after surgery.  You will be lean, tight and toned and love it.  Just not having the double muffin top was prize enough for me.   It is so great to put the pants on and not have all the bread dough squish out the top of the pants...UGH!

I will be thinking about you and saying prayers for you this week:)

Added "before" weight loss pic

Added "before" weight loss pic

This site reminds me of a wedding we are all bridesmaids until our day and we all send one off to her new life and the next one up is the one that catches the bouquet,glad we have each other it's weird the bond I've worried about Jenbob as if she was my actual family this may becoming an obsession the thing is you can get support without judgement which I have gotten from some after my surgery if your not doing or haven't already done this you just can't relate in the same way!!I don't know where the wedding thing came from I'm certainly not entertaining any new wedding dates must be the stress reliever for Jenbob's big day oh well who doesn't like a PARTY??
This group has given me so much more confidence that my decision is the right one. Even after we paid for the surgery I was doubting myself but no backing out now!

You are definitely doing the right thing:)  I know it can all be a little overwhelming and tap your nerves but you will do great.

I was just looking at your pictures and you look wonderful!  It is like day and night with your weight loss.  Job well done my friend.  You so deserve this and will be happy when it is all over.  Just think...you will be able to wear those fitted t-shirts and will be one hot mama!

Post Op: November 25. dAY 1

Post Op: November 25. dAY 1

three cheers for JenBob...I am so excited for you. You did it. I know this is your first day out just glad to see you are ok. and now you can get a lil rest... (no pain no gain) :)!!!!!
Terrific! You are looking so good already. The girls and tummy look wonderful. I hope you are feeling well and that you heal quickly.

I can't wait to hear more about how you are doing. I have been anxious since my appointment and I actually feel a little relief seeing your pics. Very encouraging I know I am not far behind you.
You look AMAZING Jen and I mean that, simply AMAZING! Your breasts look great and I am shocked at how straight it looks like you are standing. You've given me hope that I can do this and then everything is going to turn out just fine :) I showed my husband the pictures to kind of given him an idea of what he would be taking care of...he said you look good too :) I can't wait to hear how everything is going day to day! Huge hugs!!!

So my doc called today...I saw I wrote that down...

So my doc called today...I saw I wrote that down there but i do believe I was pretty heavily medicated and frankly couldn't see strait. So he said I could go ahead and take a shower...so I did...it was awesome...maybe even orgasmic....but not quite.

Ok, the low down. The first day is a bitch..pain is pretty bad, once you find a comfortable position...just doze away. Getting up was the next challange. Peeing took my like half an hour...I made it through the entire People magazine before I got that one little trinkle down. Bigbumper talked about forgetting to take her panties off....well I have dont that TWICE now. So maybe I will just borrow my toddlers pull up and forget about going to the big girl potty.

Otherwise, things are ok...check back with ya later.
Just looking at this for the first time today and I am hysterical!!! JenBob, your posts are hysterical. I am almost jealous of the "high" you must be feeling with all those pain meds!! But seriously, I am very relieved to see that you are doing well and recovering nicely. I didn;t realize that the nausea is so bad. Ugh.

So I was shopping for clothes today and I had an emotional moment when I looked in the mirror (as I was tucking my "pooch" into my pants), and realized that in just one month I will no longer have to do that. Sadly, I think the bigger reason I am doing this is so that I can can wear the clothes that I actually want to wear.... not just the one's that can accommodate my saggy boobs and massive mid-section. How very exciting!
Check out my update up top. Getting better about being able to type without losing the little braincells i have legt.
Being at home just might be the medicine your friend really needs right now :)

I know what you mean about seeing yourself in the mirror and remembering why you are doing this. I was in the bathtub this morning and looking at my rolls of skin. I flattened them out as much as I could to try and kind of imagine what it will be like not to have them anymore...oh and at the same time my boobs were hanging over my sides LOL Yep, just the fact that my nipples were not even pointed towards the ceiling was a good reminder :)

Pics Once again I want to mention that Dr. C...

pics

Once again I want to mention that Dr. C is my doctor, not dr. Nease. I am sure dr. Ndoes a great job...but he is not the one chose.

Hi JenBob you look beautiful, your so nice and tight and perky good job. Well I'm so glad you have a plecent time in the bathroom yahoo for you lol. I loved your video your so funny and you make me laugh so much thanks for that. I think I'm going to be like you and can't sit still I think I have OCD or something I'm obsessed with a clean house and if something is out of place I will have to fix it clean it well you get the idea. I have started my count down 24 days to go and it's going fast. well thanks for the moving update sorta speak happy recovery.
I would like to make an announcement: IT HAPPENED...nature took it's course and #2 came right on out.

As far as my pitty party, I think between the drugs and being inactive throws me into a bipolar frenzy. As you have witnessed, I am a very hyper, excited, and as my mom calls it, "passionate" person. I LOVE to laugh so being down has given me the blues. But I am now online checking out the cyber Monday deals...so shopping always helps!!!
You guys should do videos.....I think they give you like a gift basket or somethings....it's got Halle Berry's perfume in it and maderma

YAHOO!!  Do you feel like doing the poo poo dance!

Keep taking a dose of that MOM for the next few days in order to keep flowing.  I bet you lost 10 pounds just in that.

Ok..I totally had to share this with y'all....

Ok..I totally had to share this with y'all. MyBF comes to pick me up and get me out of the house (about to go nuts) so we go to Target (I live like 2miles away)....besides the point. Well I figure I will get one of those motorized carts and cruise around in it. (I will post a pic she took cuz the whole thing was hilarious.) so we are in the shoe section and I obviously don't have a hover round liscence and ram head on into a rack...the jolt of the hit didn't feel great but the horrid laughter that I couldn't keep in was torture. I just keep sounding like a donkey..."ha...shhh...ha...shhh" with a " dontmakemelaugh...." the store boy's face peeking around the corner was priceless"

I will call this adventure "Rollin In My 5.0"

Looking good in your convertible sexy mama!!!  So much fun:)
Lookin sexy in your cart. You are too much. Glad to see your feeling so well. Gives me hope that maybe I won't be as laid up as I thought. I have not had any time in a long time to sit around and do nothing. I am not sure if I will be able to handle that either. The good part is my Mom will be taking me to follow up appts. So if I am feeling up to it she is always game for whatever.
I would have loved to see that LMAO I sure hope I feel like making a trip to Target a five days after surgery...sounds like it could be fun :P

1 week PO I got my drains out today!!!! It was...

1 week PO
I got my drains out today!!!! It was funny because I was so totally stressed about it, but was MORE than ready to have those suckers out. However, as Dr. C was answering questions for me the nurse removed them without me even knowing it!! It was gooey, which is gross, and now I have 2 holes the size of tic-tacs down there but nothing attached! At least if a whole lot of oozing occurs i will just shove a mint flavored tic tac in there....mint has healing powers, right?

My energy level is great. I start back to work in a week but honestly feel I could probably go back on Monday, but hey, why not take the extra day and a half. The only real pain right now is the lipo areas which are very bruised and very sore. I can stand up good with my garment on but without it I feel weird and kind of insecure. I definitely can't stand up strait yet without it.

The breast look great, he was pleased. The nurse showed me how to massage them. I was told to put neosporin on any scabbing or wounds at this point. When the steri strips start to come off he said just let them come off and put ointment on them. When there is no longer any scabbing then i can start the Scar Guard and massage. I will post a video and up to date pics......

New Pics

New Pics

Jen,
You crack me up. I love the statement "Don't feel stupid that you pee through your panties!" I am so grateful that you have shared your feelings. This has helped me understand more about the post-op. "Boobs up around the ears!" I think only those who are going to go through this or have gone through this will understand this and find it funny. I hope you are feeling better- if not just find that walmart website that post those funny pics of cray walmartins. You will laugh your ass off!
O girl...I dont have to go to the website to see that...seriously, I live in a small Tennessee town...it's right up the road baby. Feeling good, going back to work tomorrow. Kinda sucks, I told my hubby I really enjoyed being a stay at home mom without the kids at home part.
Love the new video. Sorry to hear you are down. I am a little down and I didn't even go in yet. I am all caught up at work. Today is my final and I need to get to the store to pick up my last few odds and ends. It is crazy just trying to get ready to go in for the surgery. I know I will be in pain but I am almost looking forward to the down time.

2 Weeks PO Well I started back to work today. I...

2 Weeks PO
Well I started back to work today. I only scheduled myself for 1/2 a day to start. Full days begin tomorrow.
I arrive at work at 8 and by 10 I was toast...I really think I was just having a bad day. I ran a low grade fever of about 99.5 and noticed more spasms in my upper back around my shoulders...I guess I am haunching more than I thought.

I couldnt put my finger on it, yesterday I was out Christmas shopping for most the day. I did ok. Like I said, I think I was just having an off day and was kinda nervous about going back. Everyone was so awesome though...but OMG, the xmas food....working in healthcare is a bitch when it comes to the food at Christmas time. I pinched here and there. Plus I forgot to eat breakfast this morning, and my kids were horrid...so we had a bad start to the day.
I went to my 2 week PO and my Mons has been very puffy, he decided to drain fluid from it so I then enjoyed a numbing shot in my private area....nothing like a needle in your muffin to end a kick ass day.

However, I do feel better after that, and he gave me more valium for the spasms. So all in all, 2 weeks...1st day back, needle in muffin, refill of valium. Not bad.

Happy New Year Jenbob!
Thank you daffy, you too!!!
You look great. I only hope my results can be half that good.

6 Weeks PO I feel fantastic. Saw my PS today and...

6 Weeks PO
I feel fantastic. Saw my PS today and he is so pleased with my results that he is gonna use me for the website and the "books"!!!

I was cleared to resume all normal activity except ab work. He said he doesn't even like ab work to be done at all in the first year. Yeah.
My energy level is still rockin, and probably thru the roof now that I am back to the gym full time. God be with my friends and family....they have yet to experience the new and improved Jen 5.0

I haven't had to deal with too much with any negativity. I pretty much stay away from people I think may act that way, or if they do, I just don't give them the time of day.
I refuse to let petty people steal my sunshine. It has been raining my whole life, and now it's my turn to shine....shit, that sounds so sappy, like a movie or something.

Anyhoo, the swelling is very very minimal these days, which is AWESOME, although I still get some twinges, like spasms here and there. I can literally feel them, like knots. PS said that is when my body is telling me to back off. So I do.

I really haven't lost a lot of weight (5lbs), and haven't really decreased a whole lot in pant size. I still wear an 8 only now they fit really really good, and 10s are definitely too big. Maybe now that I am back to my full workouts I can drop a few pounds. But all in all I am so happy with the results and continue to see better results as more time passes

6 Weeks PO I feel fantastic. Saw my PS today and...

6 Weeks PO

hi Jenbob wow you look fantastic! What size cc did you go with? Your scar looks so great!
I had 350cc silicone. Thanks!!
Hey Jen, just checking in have been pulling one of your stunts riding the sled are you enjoying the snow? well I don't think i will have a problem with my implants feeling cold in cold weather been in it most of the day and no problem when trying to decide on saline or silicone that was one of the things that was mentioned...max hooked a golf cart top to the back of his 4 wheel drive and we played in the hay field when it was my turn to drive i really gave him a ride.. he he he almost killed me on a tube last summer my poor sister in law messed on herself she said riding that thing was just like taking a enema... so i figured it was justified..how are you?

I have been back at the gym full time for a couple...

I have been back at the gym full time for a couple weeks. I have been diligent about my workouts and my food intake. I added more protein to my diet and try to eat small meals everty 3 hours or so. I have only lost a couple pounds since my surgery and am getting very frusturated with that. The BMI index still puts me in a "overweight" category, which ticks me off, yet I am in my size 8s and I notice them loosening up a bit.

I started some new classes at the YMCA...Zumba and Turbo Kick. Wow....Zumba is awesome if I can get coordianted and not feel groovaly challenged. Turbo kick works your core more than you would think...great workout but I am definitely not as flexible as I used to be. Swelling is still there occasionally and I still have muscle spasms when i over do it.

JenBob,

Thank you for your videos and your genuine reviews! It looks like we have similar body types and your post op pics look wonderful which makes me feel more confident in my decision to pursue my tt. Have you thought about posting more pics now that you are a year post op? I'd love to see how your scar is healing (my biggest concern). Also - how do you feel about your belly button?? Have the scars healed ok to the point you feel it looks "real"? I've had an outie my whole life and it will be surreal to look down and not see it anymore!

My full tt with lipo to flanks and a breast lift is scheduled for Jan 9th, 2012. I am SO excited, but nervous, too. I've thought about this for years and am looking forward to it being behind me. I have a second consult with my PS at the end of the month and I may ask about lipo to hip/thigh area. Would you do the thigh lipo again, if you had it to do over again?

You've inspired me to keep a video log when I get closer to my date. I still need to add some 'before' pics when I get closer, too. Again - thank you for being so REAL! Your story has really helped to put me at ease!
Thanks so much for all the info that you posted on here. Your videos were very helpful!
Not at all....350cc silicone. Remember though that not all cc are alike. It all depends on your build and your current breast tissue. I wanted to be a full D so I trusted my PS to give me that. Just tell your PS what you desire and trust they will provide.

1 year

1 year
You look fantastic!! I just had a consult with dr chase!! I am planning a TT and BA with silicone implants. He wouldn't get me a cc number when I asked his opionon, but the nurse and I decided 325-350 in order to achieve a full C. Thank you for your story. I'm very nervous about recovering from the TT but I know it will be worth it. Is your scar hidden easily under your panties? Thx!!
I'm so excited for you. It's so worth the pain and money in the end. You only get one life to be happy and healthy. Embrace it! My scar is very hidden. My old belly button left a line going up and was very visible. I hated it. Bathing suits would always show it, so I would walk around covering it with my arm. That doesn't happen very often so don't worry. My surgeon was a moron. Wish I would have saw that before hand. I just got a tattoo a few months ago to cover it. I have 3 hibiscus flowers covering the middle of my stomach. Eventually, I will have it reach my hips to cover the rest of my scar. But it was much too painful and expensive. A lot of women don't mind their scar. I don't think I would of if it wasn't for my old belly button scar. I don't ever regret having it done, just wish I would have interviewed deeper than the 8 I saw. Everything will go smoothly. Don't do anything even if your feeling great. Let everyone pamper you. And don't forget to eat so your meds don't make you sick. You will be so happy after. The first week is rough but take your pain meds and it will go by quickly. You do need to get up and walk around every hour or two. But sleep as much as you can. Honestly, having the tubes removed were more painful than anything from what I can remember. And when the Dr has to move your implant around a few weeks after. Not so fun but it's fast. Prepare yourself. Again, totally worth it! Good luck with everything. It's a piece of cake lol. If you can give birth, this is a walk in the park! Keep us posted :)
Oh yes it's very easily hidden. I was diligent about keeping Scar Guard on it.
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

He is brillant. He is very down to earth and took all the time I needed to answer my long list of questions...which I am sure he has to answer a thousand times a day. But he did it with a smile on his face and care in his heart. His hands are magic. Love Love Love him