Neck Lift at 52 - Tampa, FL

It's only been 2 days since surgery at this...

It's only been 2 days since surgery at this point. Day after surgery I returned to Dr.office, the bandages were removed. My face is very swollen and my neck feels very tight and it is very bruised.

The incissions around my ears ache but not too bad. I have only taken extra strength Tylenol. When I bite down my lower jaw feels tight as well. I have been applying the ice pack to my neck and sides of my face. The worst part so far is the tightness in the neck and lower jaw.

Day 3 - more movement with my neck today; however,...

day 3 - more movement with my neck today; however, my face is still very swollen, bruised, numb and tight. I had a period of depression this morning, but after my Dr. appt today they assured me everything is heeling normally so I'm feeling a little better.
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

The nurse called the first night not the Doctor.

Almost 2 months out, all the flexibility in the neck is back. Still have some numbness around my ears and under my chin. You will get use to the numbing. I was so swollen at first I called myself "pie face". Swelling all gone now and back to normal, no more pie face. Sleeping was also miserable especially if you sleep on your side because of the incisions around the ears.
The results are great... not extreme. I'm glad I had it done. Hang in there allenhoo, it gets better with every day that passes. It makes all the difference!!!!!!
I had mine done 6 days ago, feeling a bit better but still have numbness and stiffness under my neck, It feels like there is a collar under my neck. These symptoms are worse when I wake up in the morning but gets abit better as day progresses. I like my new look but hate the feeling of numbness and stifness. feels like someone is squeezing my cheek and neck area.Sometimes, it freaks me out.
I had mine done about 3 weeks ago and have had a few days of depression on and off too. My swelling is finally going down and I am seeing the amazing improvement beginning to show through and am feeling much happier about going through with it. It's was a little tough knowing I was responsible for putting myself through the pain but am now happy I had the courage to do it. The worst part now is how bad my incisions are itching! I hope you are doing well and are happy with your results. By the way - I am still totally numb under my chin and still tight but no noose feeling.
Day 9 - It was uncomfortable to sleep on either sides due to the incissions, but its now much easier. Swelling is down considerably. I still feel numbness around the jaw line and neck. Definitely more neck movement but still pretty stift. My bruising is in the yellow stage around my jaw line and ears, nothing make-up can't hide. The "noose" feel in the neck is better but it really does feel that way. At this stage, I'm feeling better about my decision to have it done.

Hi Eldermira -- Welcome to RealSelf. It sounds like you're doing well with your recovery, all things considered. It's a big surgery and to come out of it only needing Tylenol is a good thing. :) Please keep us posted on your healing and results!